Coral Vue Hydros

Isla D'Zoa

Paandemonium

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paandemonium

meh, seems kinda lame to call them CAG. I have some and under pure actinic they are a very bright GOLD but running normal t5ho they are green in the center and have pink tentacles :huh:

I have a polyp like that too!(somewhere on this thread lol)

Ok I can't insert a link to save my life but if you go to bulkreef and look at the loc line section you will see a piece that is threaded on one end and the male loc line end on the other. If your bulkhead is slip you will probably need to change your bulkhead to threaded. Or see if you can find just a pvc fitting that is slip on one end and female threaded on the other. I think this is what you are trying to figure out if not well I must have misunderstood what you are looking for.

TO THE LFS SO THEY CAN DEAL WITH MY PROBLEM lol

Solution; told the tank builder to send me a bullhead that's threaded on the inside lol

Chaeto doesn't need a ton, but more the better.

Have you started on your rock wall at all? The canned foam stuff is much more buoyant than I expected. My first prototype needed about 10 extra pounds to keep it from floating. Of course then I thought about doing a floating reef...

Paandemonium

Chaeto doesn't need a ton, but more the better.

Have you started on your rock wall at all? The canned foam stuff is much more buoyant than I expected. My first prototype needed about 10 extra pounds to keep it from floating. Of course then I thought about doing a floating reef...

I have the skeleton built with egg crate, I'll be putting dry rock in the actual structure to make sure it sinks + siliconing it down to make sure it stays. The remaining flex PVC I have will be used to make tunnels in the structure for the fish + for the water to flow down from the top.

No you will be fine.

Good!

Paandemonium

Post pictures of the rock wall progress please.

When I get home tonight I'll have pictures of the skeleton :) it'll be foamed in once I get the foam and the flex PVC. Everything is pretty much zip ties and egg crate right now lol Also need to pick up rock from home depot, I was thingking maybe bricks? If I can get anything ceramicish Ill do that instead

frankdontsurf

I want to see it being built so as you go would be clutch. Brick? I dunno because most rocks leach phosphates for evaaa. So you'd have to aerate in a bucket of salt water and do changes often and use pH down. That shiz takes months though. Like making Your own rocks but worse lol. Why not make your own bricks. Buy rubble set in a shallow tray or frame (cardboard or Styrafoam) and then foam it?

Paandemonium

I want to see it being built so as you go would be clutch. Brick? I dunno because most rocks leach phosphates for evaaa. So you'd have to aerate in a bucket of salt water and do changes often and use pH down. That shiz takes months though. Like making Your own rocks but worse lol. Why not make your own bricks. Buy rubble set in a shallow tray or frame (cardboard or Styrafoam) and then foam it?

No worries, I'll start posting pictures of it :)

I think I'm just gonna go with dry rock instead

Paandemonium

New boss left the office yesterday and basically left me in charge -.- guess who had to stay and get stuff done?

Bright side I caught a case, most of the supplies are coming in AND the bulkhead I'm getting is threaded LOL

OH also changed the sump for a 30 gallon fuge so my water volume will remain the same after the transfer(60 total gallons) also with a fuge the size of the tank on top I think I'll be good on filtration. Going more natural right now but I'll probably add in a skimmer down the line

defective_weeble

THIS THING IS BEING BUILT AS WE SPEAK

AMG! I'm almost as excite about this as I am about building mine this weekend :D

Paandemonium

Should really check in on this thread more often. I made this rockwall using rubble and gorilla glue.

8-8-08090.jpg

Gorilla Glue is reef safe? lol

Try harder? :)

The tank isn't going to wet itself :P

I'll have the tank shipped in next week :)

AMG! I'm almost as excite about this as I am about building mine this weekend :D

Buahahaha post pictures!

Paandemonium

What I started with

13748904863_ef44ecceeb_c.jpg

Layout

13749253544_dae5fdfbb3_c.jpg

Skeleton(got lazy and cheap with the zip ties.... I didnt feel like going to HD again.... so I ended up reinforcing it with more egg crate) also used heavy marble tile left over from my new floor to weigh it down(NOBODY better tell that I put freaking marble in this thing to my builder)

13748875693_e008624e19_c.jpg

Thus far product

13749196854_9b45b7722b_c.jpg

13748835985_d848ffbbf9_c.jpg

I'm gonna take a belt sander to it to rough it up and I may take some chunks out of it. Also need to plum it so that I can put a pump in there(the back is hollow SO I planned ahead for this) may also glue sand to this but ehhhh dont really wanna

Dunno if it will cure under water but yes. I never had any problems with it at least.

may use that to glue sand onto this thing

Awesome idea of using eggcrate as a skeleton. I might have to copy that for my viv when it gets setup again.

I couldn't even tell that you used a tile for a weight. That is ingenious too..... but is it heavy enough?

Archived