Pod Your Reef

Isla D'Zoa

Paandemonium

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paandemonium

Oooooh I love leopard geckos, I've got one too!

Her name is Stella, she's my little dragon :)

His name is Bruce and be likes to watch people eat lol

Following just because of the drawing skillz...

Everyone is a comedian when it comes to my drawing skills -.- :D

I was looking into LEDs as well :) Thanks!

Here guys, look at Dino the gecko

13397799655_bcec63a45a_c.jpg
13398139884_fcc73ca33e_c.jpg
13398100464_23057fb84d_c.jpg
He's a total creeper x)

Makes me miss mine. It's hard to imagine a reptile being "sweet" but those guys fit the description. Although seeing a gravid female tear into pinkie mice makes you think.

natalia_la_loca

Makes me miss mine. It's hard to imagine a reptile being "sweet" but those guys fit the description. Although seeing a gravid female tear into pinkie mice makes you think.

I just love how they wiggle their tails when they're about to pounce.

I just love how they wiggle their tails when they're about to pounce.

Oddly catlike.

I have always been fascinated by how animals with zero connection come to exhibit similar traits or features. A great example is how both bats and dolphins developed echolocation. Evolution is one crazy lady.

frankdontsurf

Oddly catlike.

I have always been fascinated by how animals with zero connection come to exhibit similar traits or features. A great example is how both bats and dolphins developed echolocation. Evolution is one crazy lady.

Well dolphins and bats are both mammals and probably evolved from the same amniotes, regardless their echolocation developed the same - surviving with limited vision. Look up dolphin teeth to see how they receive and interpret their echo. Not sure about reptiles and felines, but they also share the vertical pupils like most nocturnal animals. They however come from different amniotes.

Viva La Evolucion.

Nanofreak79

These would work with hosing as well?

Yes,just get the threaded bulk heads and go to HD to get screw in barb fittings that match your soft line returns or drains

Paandemonium

So I tested my water today because my BN colony RTNed overnight calcium was a bit low, alkalinity as well but idk if my mag test is defective or not but it says I have 1600 mag? I don't dose mag at all

defective_weeble

So I tested my water today because my BN colony RTNed overnight calcium was a bit low, alkalinity as well but idk if my mag test is defective or not but it says I have 1600 mag? I don't dose mag at all

Ugh. I had the exact same problem! 1580 mag and I don't even dose it. Honestly had to WTF that one.

Paandemonium

Ugh. I had the exact same problem! 1580 mag and I don't even dose it. Honestly had to WTF that one.

Thing is if I had that high mag I wouldn't have the hair algae issue I have right now -.- got a tang to deal with it but I know that's cheating

PH swing? Test tap water go to the mdws site and compare what they have?

They're records suck

defective_weeble

Thing is if I had that high mag I wouldn't have the hair algae issue I have right now -.- got a tang to deal with it but I know that's cheating

They're records suck

Shhh. I'm doing the same thing.

natalia_la_loca

Thing is if I had that high mag I wouldn't have the hair algae issue I have right now

Not necessarily...I took the mag to 2000 in my seahorse tank to kill turf algae...it just laughed and gave me the finger...

I think the mag thing only works on certain hair algae like bryopsis.

Btw the stuff on the sweet frags you sent me looked like turf algae. My turbo snail had it for dinner :)

Paandemonium

Shhh. I'm doing the same thing.

On the bright side I got a sweet 2 inch Kole tang :)

Not necessarily...I took the mag to 2000 in my seahorse tank to kill turf algae...it just laughed and gave me the finger...

I think the mag thing only works on certain hair algae like bryopsis.

Btw the stuff on the sweet frags you sent me looked like turf algae. My turbo snail had it for dinner :)

Currently I have no CUC and I'm supah lazy about stuff BUT next time you'll get the usual spotless frags. At least the turbo had a snack.

Suggestions on snails and other CUC members people? John doesn't have a great selection on the site right now :( thankfully my tank still isn't done so I have time.

Also, I've decided to use flexible PVC for the plumbing, anyone have any issues with it?

natalia_la_loca

Currently I have no CUC and I'm supah lazy about stuff BUT next time you'll get the usual spotless frags. At least the turbo had a snack.

lol...nooooooo worries. At one point my tank had at least five different kinds of nuisance algae at once...a little GHA on a frag is fun times :)

Suggestions on snails and other CUC members people? John doesn't have a great selection on the site right now :( thankfully my tank still isn't done so I have time.

Based on how mine annihilated the algae on your frags in 5 minutes flat, I would suggest Mexican turbos. I've also got a cowrie that likes to eat hair algae.

Paandemonium

Just the usual, make sure your connections are tight and no leaks.

Overnight cure?

You the man <3

lol...nooooooo worries. At one point my tank had at least five different kinds of nuisance algae at once...a little GHA on a frag is fun times :)

Based on how mine annihilated the algae on your frags in 5 minutes flat, I would suggest Mexican turbos. I've also got a cowrie that likes to eat hair algae.

Where'd you get your Mexican turbos?

Only time I've ever used flexible I just used hose clamps. If you are using some sort of PVC glue just follow the directions on the container. Most of that stuff is pretty much a glue that melts the plastic together.

That's why I said at the most :)

I wait about 15 minutes. Just because it takes that long to hook up the return pump :P. Krylon Fusion says 24-48 hours I wait about 1 hour lol.
jedimasterben

I wait about 15 minutes. Just because it takes that long to hook up the return pump :P. Krylon Fusion says 24-48 hours I wait about 1 hour lol.

THE LAWN WAITS FOR NO ONE

Archived