ReefCleaners.org

Isla D'Zoa

Paandemonium

Paandemonium

titty sprinkles.

Wut? o.o

just to be clear I meant a pretty picture. Lol. I suck at sigs and at taking pictures otherwise is make it out of stuffs in my tank already. :)

No, corals or no luv haha
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
frankdontsurf

Holy crap those are nice

Let me know, I'll be there! I've been meaning to go to the unprotected parts of Bahia Honda but most of the places are crazy expensive for a boat. Last time I collected some stuff I just took a large kayak since the reefs werent far but I've found that the boats engines scare off the sharks(and I'm a super pansy about sharks lol)

I just need a new partner cause the guy I went with wouldn't shut up about his girlfriend AND wife #thestruggle

I go spearfishing all the time, I get pulled over every other time. I'm pretty sure saying you plucked from an unprotected means nothing when you get a cooler check from FWC at the dock. I've asked a few of the swimming swine and they tell me no rocks, no live inverts unless it's lobster or crab within season. I'm not saying you aren't legally allowed to collect specimens i'm just not sure how well the cops know about specimen collection regulation - there is a different license for that sort of thing. They mostly deal with folks bringing in seafoods.

Where is ReefChicks?

Nanofreak79
Are you shooting RAW?

Pfsshhh when I go back I want emerald mauls!

ORANGE SCOLY??? wuuuuttttt peesuressss!

If Glenn ever gets his website up I'll be buying my goods from him lol

Yes, using my iPhone 5s, but also have a PS that's not too bad.

critter, creepy-crawly, bug

See, this is what I'm talking about. Spanish languages have a million differnt words for one thing. I was told insects/bugs are animalias.

natalia_la_loca

See, this is what I'm talking about. Spanish languages have a million differnt words for one thing. I was told insects/bugs are animalias.

All insects are animales, but not all animales are insects B)

Paandemonium

They were right but depending on the dialect it could mean about a million other things lol

I go spearfishing all the time, I get pulled over every other time. I'm pretty sure saying you plucked from an unprotected means nothing when you get a cooler check from FWC at the dock. I've asked a few of the swimming swine and they tell me no rocks, no live inverts unless it's lobster or crab within season. I'm not saying you aren't legally allowed to collect specimens i'm just not sure how well the cops know about specimen collection regulation - there is a different license for that sort of thing. They mostly deal with folks bringing in seafoods.

Where is ReefChicks?

Cutler bay!
Paandemonium

Qué?

Xenia is great for nutrient export :)

Sounds interesting.

Gonna test it out

Anthelia filter :naughtydance:

Maybe xenia and kenya tree filter if the other two take off

I think I'll throw some Kenya tree in there too. I want chaeto + Xenia and maybe something else so the Kenya tree would fit in well

Fuge light suggestions?

If it were to absorb nutrients better or as well as macros, the fact that it may actually catch bits of food that at make it into the fuge/filter area could make it quite beneficial. In theory.

Paandemonium

If it were to absorb nutrients better or as well as macros, the fact that it may actually catch bits of food that at make it into the fuge/filter area could make it quite beneficial. In theory.

Well we will see! :) need to find a way to contain it though.

Plan live rock, chaeto, Xenia anddddd?

Lol. I'm just using a those flood lamps like what you had up for a bit.

I can post a picture but I'm warning You that it doesn't look good.

I'm going to keep some chaeto in addition to the softies as soon as I get ahold some more.

Paandemonium

Lol. I'm just using a those flood lamps like what you had up for a bit.

I can post a picture but I'm warning You that it doesn't look good.

I'm going to keep some chaeto in addition to the softies as soon as I get ahold some more.

I feel like that would hear up the tank a lottttt lol so I'll just order something from ikea

Where on earth can I order bulkheads from?

Nanofreak79
I feel like that would hear up the tank a lottttt lol so I'll just order something from ikea

Where on earth can I order bulkheads from?

Bulkheads, either premium aquatics. They have some cool screens to go along with em. BRS has some nice ones too, even there cheapies are great.

Paandemonium

Bulkheads, either premium aquatics. They have some cool screens to go along with em. BRS has some nice ones too, even there cheapies are great.

These would work with hosing as well?

frankdontsurf

Warm White GU10's or mogul base CFLs would both get the job done for a fuge/sump.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Satco-CFL-Bulb-Spiral-11-26-In-Mogul-105-W-400-W-7000-Lumens-2700-K-BX-White-/190984994790?pt=US_Light_Bulbs&hash=item2c7797bfe6

If you want to go cheaper get some mogul sockets from ebay, buy a box of the little spiral CFL's from homedepot or walmart - warm white. The higher the wattage the more they output obviously but there's a significant difference in penetration from a 8w to a 24w. If you don't really like the color get a cheap-china led blue strip and throw it in the mix it will create a blueish hue but will still give the algae the best spectrum for growth.

Paandemonium

Warm White GU10's or mogul base CFLs would both get the job done for a fuge/sump.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Satco-CFL-Bulb-Spiral-11-26-In-Mogul-105-W-400-W-7000-Lumens-2700-K-BX-White-/190984994790?pt=US_Light_Bulbs&hash=item2c7797bfe6

If you want to go cheaper get some mogul sockets from ebay, buy a box of the little spiral CFL's from homedepot or walmart - warm white. The higher the wattage the more they output obviously but there's a significant difference in penetration from a 8w to a 24w. If you don't really like the color get a cheap-china led blue strip and throw it in the mix it will create a blueish hue but will still give the algae the best spectrum for growth.

I was looking into LEDs as well :) Thanks!

Here guys, look at Dino the gecko

13397799655_bcec63a45a_c.jpg
13398139884_fcc73ca33e_c.jpg
13398100464_23057fb84d_c.jpg
He's a total creeper x)
Paandemonium

Cool! I love the pink and cyan going on in those pics.

That was actually because the tank was lit heavy with red lights and that's how the camera compensated for it lol it came out nice though, he is a cute little creep

Archived