Cultivated Reef

Isla D'Zoa

Paandemonium

Paandemonium

That's because you speak Cuban Spanish (so does my wife). Colorado is all about the Mexican Spanish. That stuff is SLOOOOOOWWWW.

No one speaks Spanish faster than a mad Cuban lady, as I'm sure you know lmao

I actually have a Colombian accent most of the time because it benefits me more down here but when I get mad oooooof Cuban comes out haha

Mexican Spanish is uhmm... Weird lol they have a lot of sayings that we don't use

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's because you speak Cuban Spanish (so does my wife). Colorado is all about the Mexican Spanish. That stuff is SLOOOOOOWWWW.
a guy I work with speaks Mexican Spanish as his first language and says he can't understand the Dominicans because they speak way to fast and use too many different words. At the best, you could say I kind of can get by with Spanglish. At one point I want to visit my family in California and the last time my family visited, they teased everyone but my grandmother about being "gringos"
defective_weeble

No one speaks Spanish faster than a mad Cuban lady, as I'm sure you know lmao

I actually have a Colombian accent most of the time because it benefits me more down here but when I get mad oooooof Cuban comes out haha

Mexican Spanish is uhmm... Weird lol they have a lot of sayings that we don't use

a guy I work with speaks Mexican Spanish as his first language and says he can't understand the Dominicans because they speak way to fast and use too many different words. At the best, you could say I kind of can get by with Spanglish. At one point I want to visit my family in California and the last time my family visited, they teased everyone but my grandmother about being "gringos"

My wife's about as white-bread as they come. Her heritage is eastern European. But she was born and raised in Miami so she's Cuban by nature.

Yeah, Miami Cuban is a LOT of Spanglish. Words that aren't actually Spanish, but rather English and pronounced with a VERY heavy Spanish accent :P

Paandemonium

Dominicans sometimes have this thing where they talk very fast and kinda mumble which leaves you like "????" Lol

White boy :P don't worry I'm not Hispanic enough for work according to some of the people I work with so what I do is pretend I can't speak Spanish when I catch someone stealing that only speaks Spanish = don't have to listen to their putty party

Lol. My grandmother makes brown paperbags look white, but she is from Germany. (To this day I am not sure how that happened) her maiden name is Santana, can you guess who her second cousin is? Everyone assumes myself and my entire family are Italian until the meet her an. Then say "oh, I see it now".

No, none of us ever got to meet him.

I'm about to order a custom cube sump from Ben, he's local :)

wtf is Mexican Spanish?!?! haha Here in Houston you get it all... wanko (El Salvadorian), Colombiano, Argentinian , Mexican, and Guatamalian.... so I just speak Spanglish or TexMex, call it what you want but down here you have to learn all the slang each group has as well. Not to mention all the Domincanos that you think are straight up black , you don't want to get caught speaking Spanish about someone down here,heck even the Asians know Spanish!

It's not just a gumbo of mix cultures but a damn SOUP and SALAD! hahah you got to love Texas

Paandemonium

My wife's about as white-bread as they come. Her heritage is eastern European. But she was born and raised in Miami so she's Cuban by nature.

Yeah, Miami Cuban is a LOT of Spanglish. Words that aren't actually Spanish, but rather English and pronounced with a VERY heavy Spanish accent :P

I pass for a white girl a good amount of the time, especially now that I'm blonde lol(or well sort of)

LOL the thing is you're so right haha

Paandemonium

Lol. My grandmother makes brown paperbags look white, but she is from Germany. (To this day I am not sure how that happened) her maiden name is Santana, can you guess who her second cousin is? Everyone assumes myself and my entire family are Italian until the meet her an. Then say "oh, I see it now".

No, none of us ever got to meet him.

Lmao I play the Italian card sometimes cause I actually speak it. I'm really white, I wish I had the Hispanic gene hit me a little harder but alas :(

I had a hose from when I was working at the fish store and I bought the 3/4" vinyl tubing at home depot with a ball valve. I got the flex hose and J return tube from the store. For hose clamps I used the stainless steel clamps on the vinyl tubes and on the return pump hose I used a fat zip tie lol. If u want pics let me know and ill text them to you.

Paandemonium

I'm about to order a custom cube sump from Ben, he's local :)

wtf is Mexican Spanish?!?! haha Here in Houston you get it all... wanko (El Salvadorian), Colombiano, Argentinian , Mexican, and Guatamalian.... so I just speak Spanglish or TexMex, call it what you want but down here you have to learn all the slang each group has as well. Not to mention all the Domincanos that you think are straight up black , you don't want to get caught speaking Spanish about someone down here,heck even the Asians know Spanish!

It's not just a gumbo of mix cultures but a damn SOUP and SALAD! hahah you got to love Texas

Ngl we got Asians down here that'll curse you and your mama out fast as hell in Spanish hahaha
Paandemonium

I had a hose from when I was working at the fish store and I bought the 3/4" vinyl tubing at home depot with a ball valve. I got the flex hose and J return tube from the store. For hose clamps I used the stainless steel clamps on the vinyl tubes and on the return pump hose I used a fat zip tie lol. If u want pics let me know and ill text them to you.

Peesures pleaseeeee lol

Paandemonium

First off, I dont know what these are called. Secondly, I freaking love them. I got these at reef chicks as well as some other polyps that I'm waiting on to be picture ready(I asked her to frag them and she did on the spot, sue me im impatient). The other ones include Mary Janes and two unnamed morphs of pure awesome.

13278567965_a472e4108a_c.jpg
13278746203_27d8bbc314_c.jpg
Nanofreak79
First off, I dont know what these are called. Secondly, I freaking love them. I got these at reef chicks as well as some other polyps that I'm waiting on to be picture ready(I asked her to frag them and she did on the spot, sue me im impatient). The other ones include Mary Janes and two unnamed morphs of pure awesome.

13278567965_a472e4108a_c.jpg

13278746203_27d8bbc314_c.jpg

are you using LEDs? I'm having trouble with pics and T5's.
Paandemonium

Y U tease? :P

That first looks like it would fill in nicely with some CARS or Rastas

Yeah that one I'm gonna be growing out, I think theres one more polyp somewhere in the Reef Chicks zoa tanks(and I really want it now lol)

are you using LEDs? I'm having trouble with pics and T5's.

Yessir LEDs, just change your white balance on the camera and you should be good

That first one is awesome!

Thanks! Def one of my new faves!

defective_weeble

Will you hurry up and just build out Isla D'Zoa so I can live vicariously? Otherwise I'm about to make this 90 minute drive down to Alabama to buy a bunch of stuff and finish my tank.

It's much cheaper for me to just watch you build yours :P

Paandemonium

Will you hurry up and just build out Isla D'Zoa so I can live vicariously? Otherwise I'm about to make this 90 minute drive down to Alabama to buy a bunch of stuff and finish my tank.

It's much cheaper for me to just watch you build yours :P

Haha! Friday is payday so I'll finish paying it and then get some pond foam and build the thing

Get that other polyp come on!!! I've about blown my budget this month and the next months budget and the month after that.... :P

ORA Birds of Paradise - Februarys budget

ORA Orange Setosa - Marchs Budget

Orange Scoly - Aprils Budget

maybe another coral pending what I can work out May/June Budget :wacko:

Paandemonium

Thanks clay, I'll start uploading to my Lightroom to edit.

Are you shooting RAW?

Get that other polyp come on!!! I've about blown my budget this month and the next months budget and the month after that.... :P

ORA Birds of Paradise - Februarys budget

ORA Orange Setosa - Marchs Budget

Orange Scoly - Aprils Budget

maybe another coral pending what I can work out May/June Budget :wacko:

Pfsshhh when I go back I want emerald mauls!

ORANGE SCOLY??? wuuuuttttt peesuressss!

If Glenn ever gets his website up I'll be buying my goods from him lol

Yeah Glenn needs to get a move on it, or not. My wallet won't survive :lol:

The same scoly I saw yesterday I snagged it up today. I'm waiting for some feeders tentacles before I take some pics. Its a cutey

Not a fan of emerald mauls they are meh IMO

Try learning "Spanish" from a middle aged white chick in Flint, MI..... A couple friends that took her class too actually went to spain and mexico and no one understood them in either place, and they were lost.... litterally LOL

Paandemonium

Yeah Glenn needs to get a move on it, or not. My wallet won't survive :lol:

The same scoly I saw yesterday I snagged it up today. I'm waiting for some feeders tentacles before I take some pics. Its a cutey

Not a fan of emerald mauls they are meh IMO

Did you post a picture anywhere???

Oh but you should see the ones they have!

Naw...fully clothed.

LOL should be simpler then

Archived