Innovative Marine Aquariums

Isla D'Zoa

Paandemonium

defective_weeble

Oh. My. God.

OK so talk to me. What pond foam is that?

Also, can I come hang out on your patio? Kthanks.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paandemonium

Awesome idea of using eggcrate as a skeleton. I might have to copy that for my viv when it gets setup again.

I couldn't even tell that you used a tile for a weight. That is ingenious too..... but is it heavy enough?

It would have been like 20 cans of this junk + waiting for days for the layers to set so I came up with it while being lazy and cheap LOL

Its about 10 pounds a tile and I used two so hopefully it'll do + its gonna be siliconed down. If that doesn't do it I think I'm gonna have a floating island tank LOL

Also thanks for the ego boosting compliments <3 they make my day x)

Oh. My. God.

OK so talk to me. What pond foam is that?

Also, can I come hang out on your patio? Kthanks.

Got a six pack from ebay $67 and shipped lightening fast! Great Stuff(literally the name)

The dominos table is set up + theres beer in the fridge, come on overrrrrrr

Pinner Reef

What type of foam is that? Never knew Great Stuff came in brownish/black.

But, yes, Gorilla glue works really well for sand and rock. What I did was start by putting the largest rocks in there then fill gaps with rubble followed by a healthy layer of sand. During the first hour of curing I went back a few times and pushed the rocks into the glue because it foams up. Best part is even if you miss a few spots the foam looks pretty natural.

Edit: Get generous with the glue. Like, more is better style.

Paandemonium

What type of foam is that? Never knew Great Stuff came in brownish/black.

But, yes, Gorilla glue works really well for sand and rock. What I did was start by putting the largest rocks in there then fill gaps with rubble followed by a healthy layer of sand. During the first hour of curing I went back a few times and pushed the rocks into the glue because it foams up. Best part is even if you miss a few spots the foam looks pretty natural.

Edit: Get generous with the glue. Like, more is better style.

Great stuff pond and stone, completely safe for little animals and critters alike :) just hard as hell to find. HD didnt have it and I had to look around a lot, most places had it for $8-9 a bottle but with the shipping added in it would have been more so I just got the package deal.

What was the exact name of the product you used? I was thinking of maybe getting some food safe epoxy instead

Pinner Reef

Welp ya had me worried so I looked around. Turns out the general consensus is that it has not been proven long term. Obviouly I had a Mantis in the system without any problems for a solid 8mos before a heater incident killed it. Apparently the glue breaks down over time. To answer your question tho; I just used the standard gorilla glue.

Paandemonium

Welp ya had me worried so I looked around. Turns out the general consensus is that it has not been proven long term. Obviouly I had a Mantis in the system without any problems for a solid 8mos before a heater incident killed it. Apparently the glue breaks down over time. To answer your question tho; I just used the standard gorilla glue.

I think that eventually everything corrodes under saltwater but by that time I'll probably have another tank lol

I see the villain from Ferngully. It needs coral!

hexxus1.jpg

LOL just wait till its loaded with coral!

LAMO at the Fern Gully. Did you ever realize Avatar is just a ripoff of that movie with moer CGI?

Here is a thread N-R peps discussing gorilla glue.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/241895-gorilla-glue-safe/

Thank you for this <3

How did you get that color? Saluda a la vieja por mi!

It comes in black lol like thats the only color the pond stuff comes in :)

I'll tell my granny you say hai :)

Paandemonium

Sooo... You been hibernating or what? Is the plumbing done?

I've been working :(

Tank come in on thursday as I've had it held with them till then. I have all the tubing and what not ready just need to get it here and get 'er going

frankdontsurf

The dominos table is set up + theres beer in the fridge, come on overrrrrrr

Old enough to drink!? Ha.

I'll see what your excuse is Friday. This is importantttt

Paandemonium

Old enough to drink!? Ha.

I'll see what your excuse is Friday. This is importantttt

If I didn't work 50 hours a week id have all of NR over lol
frankdontsurf

If I didn't work 50 hours a week id have all of NR over lol

There's always Flannigans or Ale House or Sports Grill or Cien Montaditos or Chilli's...Pretty sure you shouldn't let common riff raff into your home, that's how you get skinny dippers.

You guys would have to go through me before you get to her so you mine as well take me too. Its only 4-5 hours away from my house to hers :naughtydance:

Stop by and pick me up :lol:

You offerin to be the film crew? lol

You guys would have to go through me before you get to her so you mine as well take me too. Its only 4-5 hours away from my house to hers :naughtydance:

That sucks, I drive to fast to mess with speed bumps. :owned:

You offerin to be the film crew? lol

That sucks, I drive to fast to mess with speed bumps. :owned:

Your screwed she doesn't like outies :lol:

Archived