Top Shelf Aquatics

Isla D'Zoa

Paandemonium

I knew a chick that was into extreme/mud racing in N.Cali. You need to be in extraordinary shape to even finish the race. Which is quiet an accomplishment in my book. If you haven't seen this movie yet, You need to -pain&gain. Based on true story. Violent but hilarious at the same time.http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/aug/27/true-story-behind-pain-and-gain'>http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/aug/27/true-story-behind-pain-and-gain
Great movie on of my favorites. Did you see the training Mark went thru to get into that shape?

He picked up 40lbs of muscle in 7 weeks!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paandemonium

I knew a chick that was into extreme/mud racing in N.Cali. You need to be in extraordinary shape to even finish the race. Which is quiet an accomplishment in my book. If you haven't seen this movie yet, You need to -pain&gain. Based on true story. Violent but hilarious at the same time.http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/aug/27/true-story-behind-pain-and-gain

Will read into it :) I've been wanting to do a marathon

You can look through your Youtube history to find the exact name :)

(Too lazy) but I will post it eventually, I'm working today :(

Paandemonium

Great movie on of my favorites. Did you see the training Mark went thru to get into that shape?

He picked up 40lbs of muscle in 7 weeks!

The 40 pounds of muscle in 7 weeks cannot be healthy lol

Possibly. However, buying wholesale really wouldn't benefit the average hobbyist. They have a minimum that you have to spend (the lowest is $500 usually), and it's not wysiwyg. Well, it is sometimes, but you can't just cherry pick. In order to get one really nice piece you have to by multiple other items that are lower quality. For example, when I bought my CAA colony I paid a premium for it and I had to buy 15 other zoa colonies to get it.

TBH, buying wholesale doesn't even benefit those that want to sell coral on a small scale. You have to buy too much average to sub-par coral to get the nice stuff. That's where the smaller operations would run into problems when buying wholesale. You will run out of space in the tank(s) fast. On a smaller scale it would be much more profitable to find other hobbyist' getting out of the hobby and selling off colonies at a low rate. Then growing and fragging nothing but higher end stuff.

Just to give you an idea, I started with a 7'x3'x1' tank that I filled up within a couple of months. I've since added another tank that is even bigger and I'm already almost out of space again, in both tanks. Fortunately I have the space to squeeze in one more large tank that will probably end up being a reality far sooner than I expected.

I feel like I learned something this morning :D.
Nanofreak79

I gave myself a hernia from lifting about a year ago. One surgery later and I'm still not doing great. No more heavy lifting for me.

Paandemonium

I gave myself a hernia from lifting about a year ago. One surgery later and I'm still not doing great. No more heavy lifting for me.

Cardio and yoga!

So im lost here where is the tank?

Go back a couple pages!

frankdontsurf

I lift with an emphasis on form and volume, not weight. I rarely lift over 240, but ill rep till im blue. I'm 190-210 depending on the time of year. I free dive so I try to drop weight for the dive seasons. Also lots of sprinting and and full body movements holding my breath - apnea training.

Diet is key.

This thread is a movie.

Pain in gain is hilarious love that movie.

Mark and Dwayne are both beasts. Form volume and weight all have the place. I cringe most days watching guys squat or do other compound movements. It'll take a lot before I give up heavy weights. Had two knee surgies already and I've made my sacrifices but heavy weight won't be one of them lol.

Cardio and yoga is always nice but I stick with sprinting style cardio rather than treadmill zombie.

frankdontsurf

Seriously, bathing suits or wet glass. This is starting to feel like a sham. Like taking a brunette out to Prime on a first date. Womp.

Take some pics of the tank and filtration setup woman! Youre slacking! Btw, i didnt know you worked at sears... I could have sworn I saw you last week.... wasnt sure it was you though lol

Paandemonium

Link me. :(

Here iz peesures

Seriously, bathing suits or wet glass. This is starting to feel like a sham. Like taking a brunette out to Prime on a first date. Womp.

LOL here are you pictures lol

Take some pics of the tank and filtration setup woman! Youre slacking! Btw, i didnt know you worked at sears... I could have sworn I saw you last week.... wasnt sure it was you though lol

Pictures are here!

Also, I'm fairly certain I saw you but I was probably trying to catch someone. What day exactly? Ill roll back video and post pictures of silly sh*t you did :)

13957095333_dde675db70.jpg

13957129113_c9047d2d87.jpg

13934147391_c57f6b1fc5.jpg

13957189313_1ecc98a5a3.jpg

13934621551_8b888905b1.jpg

13957872843_2914c3891f.jpg

13934742981_11b12c2a18.jpg

Filtration, need to clean stuff up

13934883252_b8d6551949.jpg

Really blurry but come onnnnnnnnnnn

13934589651_47927f362e.jpg

natalia_la_loca

Ooooh what are the top two zoas called?

Btw you are shaking my No More Shrooms vow to the core...that is the shroom to end all shrooms

Paandemonium

Ooooh what are the top two zoas called?

Btw you are shaking my No More Shrooms vow to the core...that is the shroom to end all shrooms

Those are punk rockers :)

Isnt it beautiful??? B)

No skimmer?

Shroom looks like lips.

No skimmer yetttttt

Kinda does, I have a couple more to post I've been all bout shrooms lately

Im not about to tell you so you can publicly humiliate me lol. It was a saturday I think last week.... not sure. Anyways nice job on the setup buddy. With that fuge with macro algae im sure if you feed the crap out of the tank, the algae and zoas will grow. Just make sure you shut off the main pump when feeding, it will help in not clogging your filter socks as often. Ive learned that stuff myself with my setup. I feed a big mix of foods and additives every three days and some palys that eat have doubled the polyps. If you want to know more text me, im not about to reveal my secrets lol.

Paandemonium

Great pics!! That mushroom is crazy.

Thanks! That shroom is off the chainnnnn, love the thing :)

And the next zoa pic after the punk rockers, what are they called?

They have no name as far as I know lol, they're just really pretty, under regular light they're purple and green :)

Im not about to tell you so you can publicly humiliate me lol. It was a saturday I think last week.... not sure. Anyways nice job on the setup buddy. With that fuge with macro algae im sure if you feed the crap out of the tank, the algae and zoas will grow. Just make sure you shut off the main pump when feeding, it will help in not clogging your filter socks as often. Ive learned that stuff myself with my setup. I feed a big mix of foods and additives every three days and some palys that eat have doubled the polyps. If you want to know more text me, im not about to reveal my secrets lol.

Haha, now I'm going to go back on video and hunt for you picking a wedgie or something :lol: :lol:

I'm starting off slow right now and just loading up on zoas :) but oh boyyyyyy when I start the feedings I'm def going to hit you up and see wassup B) I'll take up your advice on shutting off the pumps when feeding though

Archived