Cultivated Reef

Chris' 40B

Chris!

Mine was a frag mag. The smaller rock they make. I'll have to look into yours I guess.

I'm not doubting you, just seems weird cuz I am pretty sure they use the same ceramic they use for the micro plugs you polyp junkies like.

I think if you up the ISO setting you can get a better pic. Don't quote me, although that's what I did.

Very well could be part of the issue as I do shoot low ISO.... I think.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris, if you want I can send you the settings I have on my camera. It might give you at least a good baseline to start from.

I'm also getting close to setting up my 40 again. Well, I'm at least thinking about it now, that's a start lol. I'm still going with a full blown mixed reef with a little (or a lot) of everything. I'm considering a small black tang and a pair of flame angels, still need to read up a little more on the black tang though.

Chris, if you want I can send you the settings I have on my camera. It might give you at least a good baseline to start from.

I'm also getting close to setting up my 40 again. Well, I'm at least thinking about it now, that's a start lol. I'm still going with a full blown mixed reef with a little (or a lot) of everything. I'm considering a small black tang and a pair of flame angels, still need to read up a little more on the black tang though.

.....They're black....and Tangy.

.....They're black....and Tangy.

...and apparently they're jerks. It looks like I'm going to have to pass on the black tang :(. Sucks, I want fish that you don't see everyday. This is going to be the CGA display tank after all.

...and apparently they're jerks. It looks like I'm going to have to pass on the black tang :(. Sucks, I want fish that you don't see everyday. This is going to be the CGA display tank after all.

The purples look pretty bad ass.... I think I heard they're pricks?

How about a powder?

Yeah if you could that would be awesome man, definitely appreciate that :)

I'd skip the flame pair bro. They are beautiful but IME become straight up pricks, and its not really if they will nip its when.

Only thing I know about black tangs is they are pricey, and can become semi-aggressive. Otherwise I'd guess they are pretty similar to yellows and purples but not to sure...

Chris, you should have a pic of my camera settings on your phone.

Nothing yet.... but my service at the house is so bad verizon waived my contract lol

Nothing yet.... but my service at the house is so bad verizon waived my contract lol

Hold on, I'll upload the pic to photobucket. You need a new service provider!!

Hold on, I'll upload the pic to photobucket. You need a new service provider!!

The others unfortunately arent much better here.

You have fios? I'm waiting for it to be available in my area.

???

Wait verizon cell service?

yeah lol

20140422_181702_zpsb113e6c5.jpg

Thanks man..... any idea what the Av is, I dont think I've even seen that setting lol.

I do usually shoot around 1-400 ISO tho I will up that for sure

Back when my girlfriend had her old phone I called to complain for her (she hates complaining about anything) that she had no service anywhere on the island basically. I was very polite at first and The customer service guy actually said "well, would you buy a car without test driving?" I said no, are you saying I could have asked for a free phone for a week to see how I liked it?

He hung up on me.

Back when my girlfriend had her old phone I called to complain for her (she hates complaining about anything) that she had no service anywhere on the island basically. I was very polite at first and The customer service guy actually said "well, would you buy a car without test driving?" I said no, are you saying I could have asked for a free phone for a week to see how I liked it?

He hung up on me.

Don't worry Pat. She'll learn to voice her opinion (complain) after she gets married : ^ )

Nanofreak79
Don't worry Pat. She'll learn to voice her opinion (complain) after she gets married : ^ )

Also once she says I do, is when she says she doesn't.

???

yeah lol

Thanks man..... any idea what the Av is, I dont think I've even seen that setting lol.

I think that's the setting on the camera to use a custom apperature (or whatever it's called). I somehow lucked into a setting that works well for me so i haven't touched the settings since.

Nanofreak79

I think that's the setting on the camera to use a custom apperature (or whatever it's called). I somehow lucked into a setting that works well for me so i haven't touched the settings since.

Yep, that's how mine is setup too.

Archived