inTank Media Baskets

Chris' 40B

Chris!

Looking good! I used PVC to hang my lighting but did it differently. If I redid it i'd definitely go more like yours. Where my tank is now though it'd be an SOB to get behind it so i'm sticking with what I have for now. LOL

40B :wub:

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good! I used PVC to hang my lighting but did it differently. If I redid it i'd definitely go more like yours. Where my tank is now though it'd be an SOB to get behind it so i'm sticking with what I have for now. LOL

40B :wub:

Yeah same here, even if I didn't like the way I did it there no way I am changing it now I would have to drain it pull it out blah blah.... NOPE! lol

• 2 weeks later...

Bumpity bump in this mutha

Nothing exciting goin on here right now, running through diatoms and in chill mode while I work on a couple projects around the house that need to get done..... then the real fun will begin ;)

To anyone that thinks 1/2" mesh will keep a fish in their tank here is $300 worth of proof that it does not:

IMG_20140313_164937_zpsyrxaipgr.jpg

Came home to my mature healthy well fed male hooded wrasse tanning himself under the radion.... on top of the 1/2" mesh top. I knew better but have a few other things going on and been putting this tank off, and don't have access to 1/4" locally. :(

To anyone that thinks 1/2" mesh will keep a fish in their tank here is $200 worth of proof that it does not:

Shi t t y deal man. Sucks.

Yeah definitely sucks, was a beautiful fish for sure. I've still got my smaller initial phase male so eventually I will have another (was likely staying initial phase due to his presence), but still blows hard :(

I've been waiting for someone to post a picture of their fish half escaped. 1/4 is definitely the way to go. Sorry about your loss :(

I've been waiting for someone to post a picture of their fish half escaped. 1/4 is definitely the way to go. Sorry about your loss :(

Yeah I knew better, I've told many to avoid 1/2" it isn't effective but I wanted to get the tank switched so I could start another project and went with what I could get local rather then doing it right and ordering the 1/4"..... then I got the lid "done" started my other project and been putting this off and hadn't given it much thought like an idiot. I even went as far as drilling the return to not have any unneeded gaps/holes in the top with this tank to try to prevent this and then screwed it with the 1/2"..... hopefully someone will learn from my stupidity.

Definitely my fault. :(

BattleAthletics

That's actually what I thought about when I ordered Brs 1/4in netting. You need some I think I might have 36in of it left dunno though, I'll check in the morning, I can send in those small flat rate packs, just pay shipping which would be like 5 bucks?

That's actually what I thought about when I ordered Brs 1/4in netting. You need some I think I might have 36in of it left dunno though, I'll check in the morning, I can send in those small flat rate packs, just pay shipping which would be like 5 bucks?

If BA doesn't have any I'm pretty sure that I do. Same deal applies :).

Thank you so much guys, I really appreciate it! I am going to order a huge chunk of it (probably from the place BRS gets it lol) tho, so I have it on hand for future tanks as well. ;)

This site is truly awesome. You can have fun, and joke around, yet there are a ton of amazing people always down to help, there isn't another site around that can say that IMO. I even had a person I've seen around but never really talked to PM me with the same offer as well even. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Bella's Reef

This site is truly awesome. You can have fun, and joke around, yet there are a ton of amazing people always down to help, there isn't another site around that can say that IMO. I even had a person I've seen around but never really talked to PM me with the same offer as well even. :D

This is definitely true!

Not sure if you were part of MR(michigan reefers) during the glory years but it blows me away how the site took such a dive.

This is definitely true!

Not sure if you were part of MR(michigan reefers) during the glory years but it blows me away how the site took such a dive.

Yeah that place is a huge joke, I'm definitely glad I found this place. NR is by far the best forum around IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

To anyone that thinks 1/2" mesh will keep a fish in their tank here is $200 worth of proof that it does not:

IMG_20140313_164937_zpsyrxaipgr.jpg

Came home to my mature healthy well fed male hooded wrasse tanning himself under the radion.... on top of the 1/2" mesh top. I knew better but have a few other things going on and been putting this tank off, and don't have access to 1/4" locally. :(

That is so sad. Get the netting from BRS netting for sure.

jtwisconsin

Chris,

That really sucks about the Wrasse.

I am been watching your thread as I am also setting up my 40B. I have a DIY canopy I built, and put egg crate on the back thinking that should be sufficient. After looking at this, I am beginning to rethink that decision.

Chris,

That really sucks about the Wrasse.

I am been watching your thread as I am also setting up my 40B. I have a DIY canopy I built, and put egg crate on the back thinking that should be sufficient. After looking at this, I am beginning to rethink that decision.

The thread and the tank are going pretty slow right now I have been focused on some other things lately but it will pick up quite nicely once things get going I promise :)

The 40B has excellent dimensions IMO, but you are right the 1/2" egg crate will only hold large fish small-mediums will easily get through if they want to.

....you could always cast your jumping fish in resin and put them back in the tank.

If I had some safe resin I would have no doubt about it, that fish was coloring up greatly even since being added into the 40B.

• 2 weeks later...

Been taking my time, I know....... Getting closer tho....

Hooked up and started runnin about 125mL of ecobak. Should be about half of the recommended amount for this system, but I don't plan on going up any more as I don't want to completely strip the water just a nice in between ;)

Been taking my time, I know....... Getting closer tho....

Hooked up and started runnin about 125mL of ecobak. Should be about half of the recommended amount for this system, but I don't plan on going up any more as I don't want to completely strip the water just a nice in between ;)

Not sure who the bigger tease is.......you or glenn.

Not sure who the bigger tease is.......you or glenn.

Me..... Glenn is running waaaaaaaaay ahead of me right now............ he has tons of coral lol

Archived