Innovative Marine Aquariums

Chris' 40B

Chris!

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice shots man. What's the red one peeking out from the rics?

Thanks. Its just a bright red shroom.

Tang pic is super nice.

Thanks :) It is a pretty cool fish, and the areas that look white actually are. :wacko:

Nice potters leopard wrasse. One of my fav fish.

Thank you! Its definitely one of my favorites as well, just wish it would sit still long enough to get a decent shot. I've been trying for over 2 years to get a good shot of her.... maybe in the next 2 years I will have better luck :)

I need to upgrade so I can get a tang.

I love rics. So many color options without breaking the bank. I'm so glad people never got into naming ricordea. :)

Nanofreak79

I've got a few little ric gardens in my 34. There one of my favorites, with so many colors, and having a bunch together just looks cool. Plus there fairly cheap, IMO anyway.

When it gets warmer check out kpaquatics. Their ricordea have awesome colors and range from 9-15 bucks I think. As soon as it's nice enough to recieve priority I'm going to place an order for 1 or 12. :)

I need to upgrade so I can get a tang. I love rics. So many color options without breaking the bank.

Yeah they are pretty cool little things and IME they aren't as weed like and spread as fast as regular shrooms.

I'm so glad people never got into naming ricordea. :)

Hey thats a good idea thanks man :)

j/k lol

That mag rock thing you have....

1. Who makes it?

2. Do you know if they come in corner pieces?

1. A company called The Alternative Reef :)

2. Not sure. I know at one time he did custom requests but not 100% sure they still do. I believe everything is pretty much hand made so I am sure it would be possible.... They aren't really cheap especially compared to a regular acrylic magnetic rack/shelf, but much nicer to look at IMO

To anyone that thinks 1/2" mesh will keep a fish in their tank here is $200 worth of proof that it does not:

IMG_20140313_164937_zpsyrxaipgr.jpg

Came home to my mature healthy well fed male hooded wrasse tanning himself under the radion.... on top of the 1/2" mesh top. I knew better but have a few other things going on and been putting this tank off, and don't have access to 1/4" locally. :(

God dammit.. I came home to my ruby red dragnet doing this SAME THING and I have 1/4 inch netting. Why is it always the nicest fish. :(

Mine started to become brittle and fall apart. I had the mini rock.

Was it from The Alternative Reef?

God dammit.. I came home to my ruby red dragnet doing this SAME THING and I have 1/4 inch netting. Why is it always the nicest fish. :(

Wow that really sucks! :(

Great looking pictures - that wrasse is amazing!

Thanks man! I still have alot to learn about this camera but for a quick like 3 minute shoot and not editing anything I am happy with the results so far. The camera has alot more potential then my pictures show lol

Yeah I love the wrasse, definitely one of my favorites. Hopefully someday she will sit still long enough to get a good side shot of her. I've had her for almost 2.5 yrs now and still haven't been able to get a really good pic of her. :wacko:

Nanofreak79
Was it from The Alternative Reef? Wow that really sucks! :(
Mine was a frag mag. The smaller rock they make. I'll have to look into yours I guess.

Thanks man! I still have alot to learn about this camera but for a quick like 3 minute shoot and not editing anything I am happy with the results so far. The camera has alot more potential then my pictures show lol Yeah I love the wrasse, definitely one of my favorites. Hopefully someday she will sit still long enough to get a good side shot of her. I've had her for almost 2.5 yrs now and still haven't been able to get a really good pic of her. :wacko:
I think if you up the ISO setting you can get a better pic. Don't quote me, although that's what I did.

Archived