Innovative Marine Aquariums

Chris' 40B

Chris!

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Thanks man..... any idea what the Av is, I dont think I've even seen that setting lol.

I do usually shoot around 1-400 ISO tho I will up that for sure

I think that's the setting on the camera to use a custom apperature (or whatever it's called). I somehow lucked into a setting that works well for me so i haven't touched the settings since.

Av means aperture priority, you set the aperture and it sets the shutter speed automatically. Tv is shutter priority, you set the shutter and it sets the aperture. Typically you'll want to use Av for shooting coral, set your aperture as low as your lens will allow. When shooting fish, you want Tv, and set the shutter to 1/125 or 1/250 (usually 1/125 is all you need).

Av means aperture priority, you set the aperture and it sets the shutter speed automatically. Tv is shutter priority, you set the shutter and it sets the aperture. Typically you'll want to use Av for shooting coral, set your aperture as low as your lens will allow. When shooting fish, you want Tv, and set the shutter to 1/125 or 1/250 (usually 1/125 is all you need).

I swear Ben knows pretty much everything about pretty much everything. Seriously!

I swear Ben knows pretty much everything about pretty much everything. Seriously!

I was thinkin the same thing lol

Hey you sure you sent that pic to the right number lol.... I still haven't gotten it and I left and got other messages since.

LMAO

LOL yeah right! B)

I can't tell you how many times I've read through your thread thinking to myself "if this guy would just dumb it down a bit his tank would be phenomenal". Sometimes we're to smart for our own good, lol.

Yeah..... ####in pos phone lol

Well damn, look at that.... just now got it LOL

Dude, get a new provider! My dial up connection with prodigy back in '95 was faster than that!!

I can't tell you how many times I've read through your thread thinking to myself "if this guy would just dumb it down a bit his tank would be phenomenal". Sometimes we're to smart for our own good, lol.

Dude, get a new provider! My dial up connection with prodigy back in '95 was faster than that!!

Internet is quick, infact so quick it said I got this ^ message 1 minute before is was allegedly sent LOL, its the damn cell that blows donkeys. Its just the way it is in this house, I am in a "dead zone".... I have talked to all the major companies (and been with them....) and they have all been subpar at best. Verizon is the only one that has atleast had the decency to say hey, yeah we have no plans to improve service in your area, so we are letting you out of your contract you are free to leave any time you want without penalty, fine, or bs. We are sorry....... so I stick with em. I have really good service everywhere else atleast.

Internet is quick, infact so quick it said I got this ^ message 1 minute before is was allegedly sent LOL, its the damn cell that blows donkeys. Its just the way it is in this house, I am in a "dead zone".... I have talked to all the major companies (and been with them....) and they have all been subpar at best. Verizon is the only one that has atleast had the decency to say hey, yeah we have no plans to improve service in your area, so we are letting you out of your contract you are free to leave any time you want without penalty, fine, or bs. We are sorry....... so I stick with em. I have really good service everywhere else atleast.

Just move to Tx already...

jedimasterben

There's so many things I want to do, so much equipment to try, so many fish and corals I want to keep, I just WANT EVERYTHING AND ALL OF THEM! lol

If I wouldn't have had the dinoflagellates take over, this is what I would have had to go from:

2013_03_10__19_02_06.jpg

Clams, SPS, LPS, tons of fish that were healthy. *sigh*

There's so many things I want to do, so much equipment to try, so many fish and corals I want to keep, I just WANT EVERYTHING AND ALL OF THEM! lol

If I wouldn't have had the dinoflagellates take over, this is what I would have had to go from:

2013_03_10__19_02_06.jpg

Clams, SPS, LPS, tons of fish that were healthy. *sigh*

Makes me miss my 40.

Just move to Tx already...

Now she is lookin at North Carolina lol I'm fairly cool with that, UNC was on my short list of colleges I would have actually attended, temps aren't so extreme, yet not nearly the snow we get here, and the ocean isn't far away.....

And that sums up my knowledge on N.C. lol

Makes me miss my 40.

Just set it back up already!! :)

Drool01.gif

Sexy wrASSe your rocking ova there mang!

I sooooo wish I could get a good pic of it. I've been busy with other stuff lately so I haven't even had as much time as I'd like to just stare into the tank long enough to tell if she is transitioned to male yet or what.... It was the female in my M/F Potters Leopard pair, when the male jumped her yellow started turning more of an orange like the male was, then not long after the tank blew and she went to the rubbermaid for a few months.... I am guessing she is turning male but I'm not 100% the transition is complete yet (sometimes it can happen overnight sometimes it can take months to fully transition...).... sorry for the long boring ramble LOL

Now that I have a DSLR, tripod, and auto shutter release I plan to eventually spend some time trying to get good picks of the sexiness that beast has.... and coral once I get to that point LOL :wacko:

I sooooo wish I could get a good pic of it. I've been busy with other stuff lately so I haven't even had as much time as I'd like to just stare into the tank long enough to tell if she is transitioned to male yet or what.... It was the female in my M/F Potters Leopard pair, when the male jumped her yellow started turning more of an orange like the male was, then not long after the tank blew and she went to the rubbermaid for a few months.... I am guessing she is turning male but I'm not 100% the transition is complete yet (sometimes it can happen overnight sometimes it can take months to fully transition...).... sorry for the long boring ramble LOL

Now that I have a DSLR, tripod, and auto shutter release I plan to eventually spend some time trying to get good picks of the sexiness that beast has.... and coral once I get to that point LOL :wacko:

Fn fish jumpers! I bet that was amazing duo! Dude not boring at all! I'm learning so much about wrasses from you though :happy: Sh!t, i had no idea they could transition over night like that :huh: That's some crazy Hollywood x-dressing shet right there :lol:

What a treat some good 'ol DSLR piks will be! I still need to quit being a broke a@@/Cheap a@@ and just bite the bullet and buy me a real camera

Fn fish jumpers! I bet that was amazing duo! Dude not boring at all! I'm learning so much about wrasses from you though :happy: Sh!t, i had no idea they could transition over night like that :huh: That's some crazy Hollywood x-dressing shet right there :lol:

They were definitely awesome, and not common especially as a m/f pair.... wrasses and acros are my addictions lol.

They are weird about their transitioning. I had a regular like yours that stayed female for like 3-4 yrs in captivity. She was the lone wrasse for a while even when my friend had her. My ornate was a male (I got it as a male) when the potters male jumped, but the potters female still began the transiton shortly after the male potters jumped and the regular female (which was largest leopard) remained female until her demise in the rubbermaid..... crazy ass fish :wacko: lol

What a treat some good 'ol DSLR piks will be! I still need to quit being a broke a@@/Cheap a@@ and just bite the bullet and buy me a real camera

Shut up lol Your pics are hella bad ass, you don't even really need anything besides what you already use for pics!!! I'll be lucky to get half your quality of pics even with this setup..... :bowdown:

They were definitely awesome, and not common especially as a m/f pair.... wrasses and acros are my addictions lol.

They are weird about their transitioning. I had a regular like yours that stayed female for like 3-4 yrs in captivity. She was the lone wrasse for a while even when my friend had her. My ornate was a male (I got it as a male) when the potters male jumped, but the potters female still began the transiton shortly after the male potters jumped and the regular female (which was largest leopard) remained female until her demise in the rubbermaid..... crazy ass fish :wacko: lol

Shut up lol Your pics are hella bad ass, you don't even really need anything besides what you already use for pics!!! I'll be lucky to get half your quality of pics even with this setup..... :bowdown:

Acros and wrasses are tough on the wallet but Ooo so worth it! Except when they jump, fuq! I wouldnt mind in the least if mine stayed female for 3-4 years. Such sik colors. Specially the under fin with the flame like pattern. Maybe i should scrap the flasher wrasse idea and just find another small female and a male and go with a trio of these. Are you gonna ad another if you find out if yours is a male?

:lol: I just want to see what i could do with some real equipment. These dollar store cameras are keeping me in the game but barely, come on.. I'm sure your piks, especially with a tripod in the mix will be sik!

Acros and wrasses are tough on the wallet but Ooo so worth it! Except when they jump, fuq! I wouldnt mind in the least if mine stayed female for 3-4 years. Such sik colors. Specially the under fin with the flame like pattern. Maybe i should scrap the flasher wrasse idea and just find another small female and a male and go with a trio of these. Are you gonna ad another if you find out if yours is a male?

With the Potters there isn't a huge difference between male and female so adding another isn't really on my list.... I wouldn't mind adding a few other leopards tho especially the Kuiteri but theres a few others that if I see available may or may not make it in ;) lol

I wouldn't really try adding a male, personally I would add a couple more females and let nature take its course on if one turns or not (likely one will). Just so you know, if you have one turn male it will likely fight with that big male melanurus you have already... well the melanurus will likely fight with it but yeah.

:lol: I just want to see what i could do with some real equipment. These dollar store cameras are keeping me in the game but barely, come on.. I'm sure your piks, especially with a tripod in the mix will be sik!

Barely in the game... who you tryin to fool, you're already at the top of the game. The pics on pg 9 are with the tripod and stuff, but straight off the cam no edit or anything and the settings need improving. But for the little time I took, not shutting off the pumps and no editing they are really good..... for me. I've never been very good at pics so I will consider it a success already LOL

Ha ha ha, sounds like the opening line for Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood!

Doing good here. Been working on electrical runs out front on the new wall we put in. Hoping to get to the tank in a bit....as soon as the kids go down for nap time.

Ha ha ha, sounds like the opening line for Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood! Doing good here. Been working on electrical runs out front on the new wall we put in. Hoping to get to the tank in a bit....as soon as the kids go down for nap time.

New wall, like addition for a fish room??? :) lol

Yeah I been playin around with fish stuff half the day :ninja:

Archived