Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Chris' 40B

Chris!

Nanofreak79

I do think people feel that way. If they don't see you posting they won't come over to your thread. Funny how that works. Lots of clicks.

A yellow pussy is never a good thing lol
Blue is bad too.
  • Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No worries, there is no obligation to post here because I posted in your thread :)

I promise it won't always be this boring tho ;) I got a tripod, auto shutter release..... and macro extension tubes are on their way..... I have plans to take lots of pictures when the time comes :ninja:

I know there's no obligation. Just seeing people post always reminds me, "Hey, I haven't checked their thread for updates in a while...let's go see what's up."

Oooooo fancy camera! I want one of those but I spend too much money on the aquariums and diving. Someday. I definitely want to see some nice macro shots! Macro photography is my favorite. If I could afford a nice camera and macro lens, plus an underwater housing and strobes, I'd be in heaven doing underwater macro photography while diving. For now I do macro photography while diving with my basic Canon Powershot.

I do think people feel that way. If they don't see you posting they won't come over to your thread. Funny how that works. Lots of clicks.

Its a nice reminder for me. I don't have time to sort through all the threads if they're not on the homepage. But then people post in my thread, so I think to go check out their thread.

Yeah I agree! Theres also alot of "well I don't know them so I won't post" kinda thing too.... or the typical "click" stuff. Its all good tho, for the most part I just keep a build thread for my own documentation, the rest is just a nice bonus :)

Blue is bad too.

Almost as bad as green.

Nanofreak79

My notifications go into the hundreds, mostly from lawnman and his lounge rats.

Yeah I agree! Theres also alot of "well I don't know them so I won't post" kinda thing too.... or the typical "click" stuff. Its all good tho, for the most part I just keep a build thread for my own documentation, the rest is just a nice bonus :) Almost as bad as green.
Me too, it's a great way to keep track of progress and purchases for me.

I know there's no obligation. Just seeing people post always reminds me, "Hey, I haven't checked their thread for updates in a while...let's go see what's up."

:) no problem, you're also free to come check it out and bs anytime as well.

Oooooo fancy camera! I want one of those but I spend too much money on the aquariums and diving. Someday. I definitely want to see some nice macro shots! Macro photography is my favorite. If I could afford a nice camera and macro lens, plus an underwater housing and strobes, I'd be in heaven doing underwater macro photography while diving. For now I do macro photography while diving with my basic Canon Powershot.

Yeah the wife wanted a DSLR to get nice pics of the boys while they grow up so we got an "entry level" Nikon D3100. It is a pretty nice camera and does a decent job, with some skill it will do a really nice job tho..... someday with some practice I hope.

I like the macro shots as well, I will eventually get a dedicated macro lens but I've heard the tubes are decent and I like to mess around with different options... and I have seen some super sweet mega macros with tubes and lenses combined so I wanna try them both but heard the tubes can be tricky so figured start with those while I don't have much really worth getting the actual lens just yet ;)

Its a nice reminder for me. I don't have time to sort through all the threads if they're not on the homepage. But then people post in my thread, so I think to go check out their thread.

Yeah for sure! You definitely have a stellar tank going on, I really look forward to watching it grow out and mature. I like that you do fairly regular videos too, always nice to see how the tank is in actual motion ya know :)

My notifications go into the hundreds, mostly from lawnman and his lounge rats.

That's weird, I don't get many notifications really. I mean it pops to the top of my list as being active or whatever but I think the most notifications I've had was like 10 or so...... but it probably don't hurt I check in every few hours usually I guess.

Me too, it's a great way to keep track of progress and purchases for me.

Yeah definitely. And if something seems off its an easy, oh ok I did this that day and I probably shouldn't have. Or I did this and it seems to have made a nice impact :)

:ninja:

You dunno bout :ninja: like I know bout :ninja:

I'll make sure to stop in more often. I get busy and tend to have a limited list of threads that I remember to pop into :lol: I'm trying to branch out a bit again.

Sounds like a good start to me with the camera! That's all better than my little Canon Powershot. Granted, my Canon Powershot is pretty amazing for such a cheap little thing. I have some pretty nice macro shots from diving using it. I have almost no experience with DSLR's, so if I ever get one, I'd also need a lot of practice with the setting and the lenses.

Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad you are enjoying the new tank. I was so bummed when it crashed because that was my TOTM tank and I loved it. I definitely had to spend some time getting excited about it again. Changing it up so much made it like a new build and got me happy with its again. I'm lazy about taking nice photos, so I've learned that its way easier to take a quick video with my iPhone. Plus then you guys get a better idea of the whole tank and the movement and stuff.

I'll make sure to stop in more often. I get busy and tend to have a limited list of threads that I remember to pop into :lol: I'm trying to branch out a bit again.

Anytime you're in the neighborhood feel free :) LOL

Sounds like a good start to me with the camera! That's all better than my little Canon Powershot. Granted, my Canon Powershot is pretty amazing for such a cheap little thing. I have some pretty nice macro shots from diving using it. I have almost no experience with DSLR's, so if I ever get one, I'd also need a lot of practice with the setting and the lenses.

Yeah I really like it, it is a good beginner DSLR IMO. I like the Canon line as well, but we got a good deal on the Nikon and have owned Nikons before so it was comfortable I guess lol. DSLR's can be intimidating, but they have some of the basic settings and stuff like point n shoots that you can use while you get more familiar with the different settings and lenses as well.... but the settings do take some learning and practice thats for sure!

Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad you are enjoying the new tank. I was so bummed when it crashed because that was my TOTM tank and I loved it. I definitely had to spend some time getting excited about it again. Changing it up so much made it like a new build and got me happy with its again. I'm lazy about taking nice photos, so I've learned that its way easier to take a quick video with my iPhone. Plus then you guys get a better idea of the whole tank and the movement and stuff.

Yeah I hear ya, I lost focus and desire to do much with my tank after my previous tank blew a seam and I lost alot of stuff from the quick move and what not (acros + delicate wrasses and cycles don't go to well :(). But its all coming back in full force, and I look forward to the things I have planned for the future :)

I see my plan is coming together

:ninja:

Alright you want me to tell ya??

That was my eagerly awaiting face, A-hole.

I don't give it up that easy, you want it you gotta earn it LOL

Besides I'm not even 100% sure what :ninja: you wanna know about..... hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa :)

I don't give it up that easy, you want it you gotta earn it LOL

Besides I'm not even 100% sure what :ninja: you wanna know about..... hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa :)

:rant:

Imps actually got interested in the mousetrap car. Think I got a project for me and the kids.

Mousetrap car? Kids? That sounds interesting lol

Sorry to hear about the seam bursting in your old tank. I missed all that! I'm definitely with you on being pretty bummed for a while. I'm excited to see what you do with this new tank now that you're getting excited about it again :)

Sorry to hear about the seam bursting in your old tank. I missed all that! I'm definitely with you on being pretty bummed for a while. I'm excited to see what you do with this new tank now that you're getting excited about it again :)

Yeah that whole situation was pretty pretty rough. If you want to check it out here is a link to my old tank.....

I plan on taking the direction I was going with that tank.... acro overload.... and expanding on it a bit to include more lps, polyps and variety in general really..... along with alot of acros :)

As a tank update, I am noticing the water appears crystal clear since putting the bio-pellet reactor online a few days ago. I thought it was pretty clear before but its almost air like today, and the skimmate has gotten really dark! :D

Archived