ReefCleaners.org

Chris' 40B

Chris!

defective_weeble

Forgot to post up this side shot earlier, not the greatest and just a phone shot but it gives you an idea of the height of the light over the tank and whatnot:

IMG_20140222_164639_zpsvmupgimm.jpg

Hey Chris - How much does that light weigh? I just hung my LEDs today and used a plant hanger but I'm really not digging it. Trying to figure out if I could build a PVC hanger like you've done here for my 8 pound lights.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Chris - How much does that light weigh? I just hung my LEDs today and used a plant hanger but I'm really not digging it. Trying to figure out if I could build a PVC hanger like you've done here for my 8 pound lights.

I honestly have no idea, its not alot tho. I am sure somewhere you could look up what a gen 1 radion weighs...... I doubt that 8lbs would be an issue (pvc is pretty durable, slightly flexible but not bad and it does not flex with the weight of the radion FWIW) but proceed at your own risk obviously lol

What light do you have?

Nanofreak79

I just got a tripod yesterday. My pics are still coming out blue. I've been to busy to really mess with much of anything. It's enough just doing weekly maintenance on the tanks right now.

Empty plugs give you something to look forward to anyway.

defective_weeble

I honestly have no idea, its not alot tho. I am sure somewhere you could look up what a gen 1 radion weighs...... I doubt that 8lbs would be an issue (pvc is pretty durable, slightly flexible but not bad and it does not flex with the weight of the radion FWIW) but proceed at your own risk obviously lol

What light do you have?

It's a Chinese COB from a company called Aquamana. Amazon says that the shipping weight was 8.4 pounds but I really don't think the light itself weighs that much.

81rxK347q6L._SL1500_.jpg

I just got a tripod yesterday. My pics are still coming out blue. I've been to busy to really mess with much of anything.

Can you adjust your lights to be whiter for pics, or adjust the white balance on the camera?

It's enough just doing weekly maintenance on the tanks right now.

I hear ya, maintenance one multiple systems can be fun.

Empty plugs give you something to look forward to anyway.

I have alot to look forward to then I guess :lol:

It's a Chinese COB from a company called Aquamana. Amazon says that the shipping weight was 8.4 pounds but I really don't think the light itself weighs that much.

81rxK347q6L._SL1500_.jpg

How do you like it and how long have you had it? I was looking at those but unsure despite decent reviews (if its the same one...)

Just guessing but I would say it is likely comparable in size/ weight to the radion give or take a little but I don't imagine it would be enough to be concerned with. If you want to make sure you could use sch.80 or go with 1" instead of 3/4" like I used.

Nanofreak79

I found a simple setting for white balance, like a sliding scale from +2.0 to -2.0 that's about as far as I've gotten with it. It helps but not quite enough. Could be from using 3 blue+'and a Fiji purple throwing everything off too......idk?

I found a simple setting for white balance, like a sliding scale from +2.0 to -2.0 that's about as far as I've gotten with it. It helps but not quite enough. Could be from using 3 blue+'and a Fiji purple throwing everything off too......idk?

I dunno, the fiji should help balance it out a little more, when I ran t5's I had 3'x 5 blue+, 1 AB special, on each side with 2x 4' fiji purple in the middle and it balanced it all out pretty good in pics. Do you have individual channels to where you could shut off 2 of the blues for pics so it would be just a blue and the fiji? Might wash a little purpley but I dunno.... worth a shot.

Hey Chris - How much does that light weigh?

Just did a quick search, the light itself supposedly weighs 3.2 lbs, which is probably close it is really light feeling.

Yep I could try that. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Hopefully it will help :)

defective_weeble

How do you like it and how long have you had it? I was looking at those but unsure despite decent reviews (if its the same one...)

Just guessing but I would say it is likely comparable in size/ weight to the radion give or take a little but I don't imagine it would be enough to be concerned with. If you want to make sure you could use sch.80 or go with 1" instead of 3/4" like I used.

Short version: It's the best light (IMO) under $150.

Longer version: Remove the reflectors. They're trash. They cause color banding. Shimmer is very similar to a Kessil. I'm going to replace it some day because it doesn't have true actinic in the spectrum that really makes stuff "POP" and it's not controllable.

Short version: It's the best light (IMO) under $150.

Longer version: Remove the reflectors. They're trash. They cause color banding. Shimmer is very similar to a Kessil. I'm going to replace it some day because it doesn't have true actinic in the spectrum that really makes stuff "POP" and it's not controllable.

Not controllable or not dimmable? Not controllable I could handle, not dimmable is a deal killer for sure.

defective_weeble

Not controllable or not dimmable? Not controllable I could handle, not dimmable is a deal killer for sure.

You can dim. 2 channels. One for blue/red/green, one for white. I wish that they had the blues on their own channel, but they still look very nice even with the small bit of red and green. Here's a video I did on my 20 long. Never mind the disco shimmer from the HOB AC70.

You can dim. 2 channels. One for blue/red/green, one for white. I wish that they had the blues on their own channel, but they still look very nice even with the small bit of red and green. Here's a video I did on my 20 long. Never mind the disco shimmer from the HOB AC70.

Looks good man, being dimmable makes it not so bad for sure! But you're right, I'd rather see the colors with the whites and dim blues separate a well.

You got a Latin lady too?

LOL, everything they want is muy impotante......however, what's impotant to me....well, she's tired and going to bed! :angry:

So wake her ass up.... :D

Chris is right. Wake her up. Make some moves. She'll get in the mood. If she doesn't something is wrong with her :lol:.
Chris is right. Wake her up. Make some moves. She'll get in the mood. If she doesn't something is wrong with her :lol:.
Just when I think you can't get any better G....I like your thinking!

I 1st read this as make some movies LOL
LOL, me too.

You need to post more photos!

I will someday lol Not alot going on right now, mostly just letting the rock leach out and get kinda nasty right now. Tang and molly are enjoying it tho lol

image_zps104f4ded.jpg

LOL

Well you posted in my thread, so I was like, "Oh, I should go check in on Chris' thread." And then nothing... :(

No worries, there is no obligation to post here because I posted in your thread :)

I promise it won't always be this boring tho ;) I got a tripod, auto shutter release..... and macro extension tubes are on their way..... I have plans to take lots of pictures when the time comes :ninja:

Archived