Innovative Marine Aquariums

Chad's Long and Low 12g

Chadf

jedimasterben

Glad to see that you're human :).

Beep bop boop bop bop. Does not compute.

;)

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My other clownfish just jumped. Luckily I was sitting right next to the tank this time.

Maybe you can weight them down....or thicken your water with gelatin?

Maybe you can weight them down....or thicken your water with gelatin?

I do have some hooks and fishing line, maybe I'll put them on a leash.

I do have some hooks and fishing line, maybe I'll put them on a leash.

Speaking of Alcatraz.... might be a fitting name for your build.....the escapes and all.

From this:

http://s218.photobucket.com/user/chad7531/media/image-128.jpg.html'>image-128.jpg

To this:

http://s218.photobucket.com/user/chad7531/media/imagejpg1.jpg.html'>imagejpg1.jpg

Check out that awesome hair algae covering the rocks, it even grows well right out of the sand. Also notice I haven't cleaned the glass in over a week. Baby even has dried water that ran down the front glass, classy.

From this:

image-128.jpg

To this:

imagejpg1.jpg

Check out that awesome hair algae covering the rocks, it even grows well right out of the sand. Also notice I haven't cleaned the glass in over a week. Baby even has dried water that ran down the front glass, classy.

I thought I clicked on my thread by mistake....until I realized that your algae wasn't quite as bad as mine was.

How many hours are you running your lights? I got my hair algae under control when I cut my MH lighting back to 4 hours and scrubbed my rocks with a toothbrush.

How many hours are you running your lights? I got my hair algae under control when I cut my MH lighting back to 4 hours and scrubbed my rocks with a toothbrush.
8 hours. I've thought about cutting the lights altogether, figured I'd see how nuking the rocks with peroxide works since I've never used it and this is the perfect opportunity.

Oh, I didn't know you took down the 26g bowfront tank, thought you had these two tanks running.
Yea I took down the 26 to get out for a while, then ended up setting this tank up like 2 weeks later.

lol Were you trying to quit the hobby as well? Because same thing happened to me with my 8g scoly tank except, I got a new tank 2 months after. lol

8 hours. I've thought about cutting the lights altogether, figured I'd see how nuking the rocks with peroxide works since I've never used it and this is the perfect opportunity.

Yea I took down the 26 to get out for a while, then ended up setting this tank up like 2 weeks later.

Peroxide works like a champ.

Man I don't feel like taking care of this gha. I wouldn't have even started this tank if I knew it would require more work than I expected.

Just get about 10 turbo snails they will wipe it clean in no time. My tank is on idle for the next few months. I did a WC last night for the first time in 3 weeks. I get burned out with it every Spring but couldn't imagine not having it.

Just took out all the rock and soaked it in 3 bottles of straight 3% h2o2. Cheers.

Just get about 10 turbo snails they will wipe it clean in no time. My tank is on idle for the next few months. I did a WC last night for the first time in 3 weeks. I get burned out with it every Spring but couldn't imagine not having it.
I think it's bryopsis.

I was going to give the rocks a toothbrush scrub and just realized I forgot, damn it.

Man I don't feel like taking care of this gha. I wouldn't have even started this tank if I knew it would require more work than I expected.

This is a cycle you have to go through everytime you start with dry rocks.. If you had started with live matured rocks and matured sand, I'm pretty sure things would've been different and more simple.

Just took out all the rock and soaked it in 3 bottles of straight 3% h2o2. Cheers.

I think it's bryopsis. I was going to give the rocks a toothbrush scrub and just realized I forgot, damn it.

I wouldn't worry about the toothbrush....pretty sure you nuked the shit out of it. I just pull a rock out dump a bottle out over it and plop it back in. A day or two later....no GHA....on that rock.

Yeah but honestly, once the gha goes away, and you have those sps frags and other goodies growing, this tank will outperform in the mature phase of the 26g bow in my estimations. I mean you got the sleek bml light over this clean rimless tank with no wires or anything ruining the beauty. This tank is on its way to look like scorched's 12g long.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/296235-3-foot-office-nano-mr-aqua-12-gallon-long/

hy5WcIR.jpg

If it ever looks anything like scorched's tank I'll be very happy.

It will dude, no worries. Just gonna take a while for it to happen before you know it.

If it ever looks anything like scorched's tank I'll be very happy.

It wont :(

You have said multiple times no sps lol

Oh why no sps Chad?

I want easy corals. No dosing and no testing. Plus I don't have nearly enough flow and won't be adding power heads.

All that treated algae turned my water green, skimmer's going crazy (I didn't adjust it, just keep emptying it to clear the green water), and the tank is smelling very very fishy. Nothing unexpected I suppose, just sharing. The gha is still there, but not looking so lush and healthy.

Archived