ReefCleaners.org

Chad's Long and Low 12g

Chadf

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

My grandparents had a little 28" deck snapper mower, they got it new when I was like, uh, 4 or 5. I vaguely remember riding on it then. They bought a new mower a couple of years ago, and they gave me the snapper. Up until that point, the only thing that ever went wrong with it was that the tires needed to be replaced, which was ultra cheap. Literally a few weeks after I got, it quit wanting to run. It was a pull-start, and I'd need to pull it a dozen times or more to get it finally crank up, and even then it would shut off after a couple of minutes. I've been mowing with it for many years now (since I was like 12 or so), so I know how to treat it with care, but it just wouldn't do anything for me. Sad to see it go, but I'm going to donate it to one of the schools I work for, their 8th grade ag class has been taking apart mowers and rebuilding them and making them work like new, so I figure they'll get a new toy to play with before they go home for the summer :)

My grandparents had a little 28" deck snapper mower, they got it new when I was like, uh, 4 or 5. I vaguely remember riding on it then. They bought a new mower a couple of years ago, and they gave me the snapper. Up until that point, the only thing that ever went wrong with it was that the tires needed to be replaced, which was ultra cheap. Literally a few weeks after I got, it quit wanting to run. It was a pull-start, and I'd need to pull it a dozen times or more to get it finally crank up, and even then it would shut off after a couple of minutes. I've been mowing with it for many years now (since I was like 12 or so), so I know how to treat it with care, but it just wouldn't do anything for me. Sad to see it go, but I'm going to donate it to one of the schools I work for, their 8th grade ag class has been taking apart mowers and rebuilding them and making them work like new, so I figure they'll get a new toy to play with before they go home for the summer :)

Carbuerator maybe?

I like flow almost as much as I like acros lol

My 40B is running a MP40 on 100% reefcrest mode, and I have been considering getting a mp10 (or another 40) for the other side :wacko:

A year ago I would have thought this insane ... now I'm wondering if that would be enough. :D

A year ago I would have thought this insane ... now I'm wondering if that would be enough. :D

IMO its not, eventually I will add something else to stir up the back section of the tank. I'm sure I could change my scape and center the MP40 more and it would work for the average person but I would still probably want more.

any updates chad?

maybe a video update or is that pushing it?

Nothing to update, just lots of diatoms. Going to a frag swap on Sunday though :)

So did you get anything at the swap??

I didn't end up going, had too much stuff I needed to get done. Still enjoying just the two fish and pink and golds from lawn.

The diatoms are a lot better, almost done with them I think. I'll probably get a frogspawn and another fish in the next couple weeks. I need to get a ricordea pack soon too.

I checked my salt yesterday for the first time since the initial fill, dead nuts. That's with doing 25% weekly water changes without checking the level of my new water. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey still still digging your BML Fixture? any thoughts or regrets? I am trying to figure out what to get?

Yea I still like it, I still don't have any coral though.

• 2 weeks later...

I need to peroxide my rocks and get rid of this hair algae. Normally I'd take a different approach but I have basically nothing to kill.

glennr1978

I couldn't point one of those out if it had a neon sign pointing to it. :lol:

GTFO!!! I'm calling BS!! So you're saying that there is something that you don't know inside and out?? Completely serious question, lol. Please don't take that the wrong way, it's actually a compliment :).

jedimasterben

I need to peroxide my rocks and get rid of this hair algae. Normally I'd take a different approach but I have basically nothing to kill.

Peroxide or turbo snails.

GTFO!!! I'm calling BS!! So you're saying that there is something that you don't know inside and out?? Completely serious question, lol. Please don't take that the wrong way, it's actually a compliment :).

While I know the name of a few parts here and there and what they do, I have no clue where they are, what they look like, how they'd attach, or anything like that lol :)

glennr1978

Peroxide or turbo snails.

While I know the name of a few parts here and there and what they do, I have no clue where they are, what they look like, how they'd attach, or anything like that lol :)

Glad to see that you're human :).

Archived