Pod Your Reef

Chad's Long and Low 12g

Chadf

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BattleAthletics

I make about 20 of these a year, it's an extendable ladder.

image-177.jpg

Railcar or truck platforms? That sucks about the coal mine fire.

Only 20?.... geez slacker I can tell you're not a 4 yr old asian lol

Lol, it's not it the only thing I work on. We are busy year round building rail car loading racks, we built one of these 5,000 feet long last year. That was like a three month 60 hour a week job.

image-178.jpg

Railcar or truck platforms? That sucks about the coal mine fire.
Exactly.
tang?

Black axil chromis and maybe a lyretail anthias. Not positive on the anthias though, may do a Midas blenny instead but I'd rather get the anthias.

Lol, it's not it the only thing I work on. We are busy year round building rail car loading racks, we built one of these 5,000 feet long last year. That was like a three month 60 hour a week job.

image-178.jpg

Exactly.

Damn, that looks like alot of fun manual labor, not surprising it took that long. I'd imagine its mostly bolt-up right.

They're built in around 30' sections. All the hand rails bolt on, the stair sections bolt on, the chair sections are one piece that bolts on. We do all the fabbing and welding in the shop where I work, then it gets shipped out and bolted together.

They're built in around 30' sections. All the hand rails bolt on, the stair sections bolt on, the chair sections are one piece that bolts on. We do all the fabbing and welding in the shop where I work, then it gets shipped out and bolted together.

Yeah I kinda figured it was done in sections atleast on something that big, seems like it'd be pretty rough tryin to haul something of that size down the road ;) That is pretty sweet tho, do you do a little of it all or specialize in one aspect of it.... bolting/welding or design? Looking at your attention to detail I wouldn't be surprised if its design time or a mix of it all. :)

Yeah I kinda figured it was done in sections atleast on something that big, seems like it'd be pretty rough tryin to haul something of that size down the road ;) That is pretty sweet tho, do you do a little of it all or specialize in one aspect of it.... bolting/welding or design? Looking at your attention to detail I wouldn't be surprised if its design time or a mix of it all. :)
I pretty much only weld the aluminum stuff.

The anthias and midas are both jumpers.
Damn.

I pretty much only weld the aluminum stuff.

I'm pretty surprised really figured you were a designer.....

Damn.

Any fish can jump, I have read MANY stories about clowns jumping even. FWIW my anthias always hung around the middle area of the tank only leaving during feeding time and when the male was courting females. If you want just one anthias I say go for it, if it jumps then no more anthias lol

I did a screen for the top of my tank for when I'm not around. I take it off for viewing and taking pictures since it looks better that way. Keeps the Midas inside when Im gone though.

Otherwise if you aren't doing sps maybe you could do a dwarf angel.

BattleAthletics

Btw I've broken a loading ramp once lol

I was on a trackmobile engine and the ground man forgot to check if the ramp was up. Bent the shit out of it.

Aluminum is hard to weld on, your a Badass if you weld aluminum. Do you have a personal machine where you can make extra income? I'm assuming the next build you do will have a metal stand?

Btw I've broken a loading ramp once lol

I was on a trackmobile engine and the ground man forgot to check if the ramp was up. Bent the shit out of it.

Aluminum is hard to weld on, your a Badass if you weld aluminum. Do you have a personal machine where you can make extra income? I'm assuming the next build you do will have a metal stand?

Don't worry, plenty of people forget to raise the bridges :)

I've never had the need for a personal machine, if I ever need to weld or make something I just do it at work.

I always loved the acares midget chromis. If I wasn't attached to my fish I'd get rid of them and just have a shoal of 4 or 5 in my 12l, nothing else.

Heyyyyy you copied scorched before I could copy scorched... The month of May won't come soon enough!

Following :)

j5KLDPJl.jpg

Why do you have to wait until May? Are you moving or getting some extra funds together?

Archived