Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Chad's Long and Low 12g

Chadf

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking the SCA 301 skimmer was to big for this build?

can't wait to see the lighting

Too big? Never!

Yea I can't wait for the last piece of the puzzle, come on Wednesday!

Looks great man! Love the islands can't wait to see u fill em with acros lol

Thanks man, but no acros this time.

Cool you have a build thread up! Im following

:)

Jackal_Knight

The water is down 1.125". I wish it could be higher but that's as high as I could drill.

At least u drilled urs as high as u could, i messed up and drilled it lower than i wanted but its all good now.

Just get a bigger pump. I have the same style overflow on my 11.4. Its the pump that determines the water level. So the higher the pump output the higher the water level. U could also restrict the drains with a valve but i dont like to do that.

At least u drilled urs as high as u could, i messed up and drilled it lower than i wanted but its all good now.

Just get a bigger pump. I have the same style overflow on my 11.4. Its the pump that determines the water level. So the higher the pump output the higher the water level. U could also restrict the drains with a valve but i dont like to do that.

I'll keep it in mind, but raising the water level would mess with my surface skimming so I don't know.

Jackal_Knight

Oh i see then me and you have the same problem lol

I was thinking about putting an elbow in the bulkhead to raise the water lvl but that would kill the whole look of the tank

Mmmm hmmmm..... you will be back. Once that bug bites it doesn't let go that easily ;)

Eventually, probably. No sps for this tank though.

i love to floating canopy

following along w/ this build :D

Thanks!

Yay @ no SPS! Looks good!

No dosing or testing are gonna be going on in this tank, I'm not even going to monitor the cycle. And thanks!

FedEx changed the light delivery to Thursday, oh well at least the tank's just cycling.

I havn't even bothered ordering my t5's yet for my fixture, lightless cycle is the way to go. On the up side of cycling is I remembered I keep a bag of matrix in my aio's last chamber. My cycle is about to get dramatically faster.

I've never used dry rock or Caribsea arag-alive, will 10 lbs of the sand be enough to cycle or should I add an ammonia source? I'd think the sand should do it right?

I've never used dry rock or Caribsea arag-alive, will 10 lbs of the sand be enough to cycle or should I add an ammonia source? I'd think the sand should do it right?

My sand smelled like butt hole so I assumed the die off would be bacteria food. If yours didnt smell bad ish I would go the ammonia route.

Should be enough or you could add a pinch of fish food. Tank looks great I likes it. I like that drain bulkhead always thought about using one of those. Is it quiet?
Should be enough or you could add a pinch of fish food. Tank looks great I likes it. I like that drain bulkhead always thought about using one of those. Is it quiet?

Quiet, no. Sounds like running water, sort of relaxing though like a fountain.

Quiet, no. Sounds like running water, sort of relaxing though like a fountain.

I used to have the running water sound as well. I now stuff filter floss in a sock. This kills almost all the sound.

I used to have the running water sound as well. I now stuff filter floss in a sock. This kills almost all the sound.

So your overflow tubes drain above water? Mine are under water and I get the occasional gurgling/flushing. Would shortening the tubes to be above water fix that?

Archived