inTank Media Baskets

Chad's Long and Low 12g

Chadf

1" I'm pretty sure I got it from marine depot.

Comparable to regular pvc to glue and what not and ease of attaching valves etc..?

Want to take a trip to Grand Rapids to drill my tank ;)

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comparable to regular pvc to glue and what not and ease of attaching valves etc..?

Want to take a trip to Grand Rapids to drill my tank ;)

It takes a blow drier and some muscle getting the hose onto barb fittings. I bought clamps for all the connections and didn't even use any.

It takes a blow drier and some muscle getting the hose onto barb fittings. I bought clamps for all the connections and didn't even use any.

I did the same, the 1/2" connections were so hard. Serious heat was needed to get them fully on. I only ended up using 2-3 clamps all around the return pump and T connection as I felt those were under the most pressure, they also were 3/4" tube and didn't seem nearly as snug.

I've got around 350g's total volume now and not a single hose clamp was used. My skinny ass had a hell of a time getting hoses onto barbs, lol.

Nice looking tank!
Thanks!

Looking good man! Really clean build. You should try a mug of boiling water with your hose end submerged in it.
Thank you. Yea boiling water would work too.
The palys show up ok? Not much rock but enough to get some color going.
Yep, the one with all the babies is opening up already. What are those? And what are the other ones?

Pictures!!!
Not much new going on to take pictures of. I may get a fish or two this weekend.

One with the babies is a pink and gold. The other one was a frag off a plug I got from Glenn. Forget what he called them but they are purple with specks.

Also those pink and golds grow CRAZY! So put them where they can take off.

One with the babies is a pink and gold. The other one was a frag off a plug I got from Glenn. Forget what he called them but they are purple with specks.

Also those pink and golds grow CRAZY! So put them where they can take off.

Will do buddy.

Floating canopy with bml looks boss Chad. Badass build. Love the stand too. Did you ever get a cord organizer?

Thanks. No I haven't ordered the organizers yet, probably because once I get them I actually have to not be lazy and do it :)

BattleAthletics

Lol I know it's a PITA but in the end is stress relieving. You had mentioned you cut the bulk heads, I cut about a half inch on mine after you did yours. My equipment panel on my stand is so much easier now that there is more room in the back of the panel.

I have a pair of DD clowns coming Saturday. I also bought a royal blue 24" stunner strip and got a free dimmer from the foster&smith promotion, this will be my moonlight.

I have a pair of DD clowns coming Saturday. I also bought a royal blue 24" stunner strip and got a free dimmer from the foster&smith promotion, this will be my moonlight.
Lets see the DD picture :).

Archived