Cultivated Reef

Chad's Long and Low 12g

Chadf

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chad, I read your thread I just started a mr aqua 12 gallon. Finished cycling the tank and want to know about the dosing you use in your tank and how your corals are reacting. I do a 2 gallon water change every week. No fish yet want to make sure my corals are set first.

The female will turn male after a couple of months to a year of being solitary.

Damn.

Chad, I read your thread I just started a mr aqua 12 gallon. Finished cycling the tank and want to know about the dosing you use in your tank and how your corals are reacting. I do a 2 gallon water change every week. No fish yet want to make sure my corals are set first.

I don't dose or have corals.

I have been told anthias need to be in a 25g or bigger tank. Is this true? I would love one but sadly I only have 14g but if you can do one in 12g then maybe I was misinformed.

I have been told anthias need to be in a 25g or bigger tank. Is this true? I would love one but sadly I only have 14g but if you can do one in 12g then maybe I was misinformed.

I stock whatever I want, the stocking police don't scare me.

Build thread? What corals do you have? Sounds like your waterchanges should be plenty for now.
I stock whatever I want, the stocking police don't scare me.

Alto used to be pretty damn knowledgable and she assured me most anthis would be fine in our footprint.

I had Anthias in my 24x24 when they weren't happy they just jumped. Kinda like us if your not enjoying life jump off a bridge :P

A cracked tank is no reason to end it all.

Chads isn't your typical 12g either tho, I would never consider putting an anthias in my 14g biocube theres just no where to swim..... but I wouldn't have any problem putting one in a 12g like Chads where it has 3' to cruise ;)

jedimasterben

Well, the big point is that anthias aren't really swimmers. They chill out in one spot, then they'll find a rock to sit on and rest for a while, then they'll go back to the water column and chill out in a spot, then they go and rest for a while. They don't cruise the tank like surgeons or wrasses do.

Well, the big point is that anthias aren't really swimmers. They chill out in one spot, then they'll find a rock to sit on and rest for a while, then they'll go back to the water column and chill out in a spot, then they go and rest for a while. They don't cruise the tank like surgeons or wrasses do.

I had 5 bartletts in a 180, I fed 4 times a day and they were always out swimming quite a bit, I never really noticed them just chilling in one spot.... maybe I was lucky but it wasn't my experience. No they aren't powerful graceful quick burst swimmers like tangs or wrasses but they were always moving. They have super high metabolism so I could see that happening if they werent fed regularly tho.... I mean you eat one small portion of a meal every day or two and see how active you are.

When I downgraded to my 70 and fed once or twice a day they werent nearly as active but still not quite that boring that they sat on rocks.

Build thread? What corals do you have? Sounds like your waterchanges should be plenty for now.
. Corals, Gsp, zoos,frogspawn, montipora, birds nest ,various shrooms, couple of snails and Pom Pom and emerald do you think no livestock. Do you think I need mechanical filtration?
jedimasterben

I had 5 bartletts in a 180, I fed 4 times a day and they were always out swimming quite a bit, I never really noticed them just chilling in one spot.... maybe I was lucky but it wasn't my experience. No they aren't powerful graceful quick burst swimmers like tangs or wrasses but they were always moving. They have super high metabolism so I could see that happening if they werent fed regularly tho.... I mean you eat one small portion of a meal every day or two and see how active you are.

When I downgraded to my 70 and fed once or twice a day they werent nearly as active but still not quite that boring that they sat on rocks.

What was the flow like? Most anthias come from the reef crest (especially lyretail, Bartlett's are usually found lower in the water column) and behave differently with different flow :)

They can be, but it's not too likely.

Kind of what I figured, like a lot of fish.

I just saw lake okeechobee on TV, a show about Burmese pythons on Animal Planet.

jedimasterben

Yeah, #### those things. Every year they have roundups of them and they'll bag a shitload of 15-20' behemoths. This one was slithering around my grandma's neighborhood and stumbled onto the local vet's property. Big mistake :lol:

OKEEPYTHON_t607.jpg

jedimasterben

Shit, that ####er could grab a child like it was nothin, and that's why the vet shot its ass. People flipped shit about it, too 'oh, why did he shoot, he of all people should know that there are places that will take in snakes, blah blah blah'. There is no zoo or anything that will take in a 15-20' wild snake.

Shit, that ####er could grab a child like it was nothin, and that's why the vet shot its ass. People flipped shit about it, too 'oh, why did he shoot, he of all people should know that there are places that will take in snakes, blah blah blah'. There is no zoo or anything that will take in a 15-20' wild snake.

Lol, they should all be shot where they don't belong. Taking out native species and spreading. Damn things could eat grown men.

Archived