Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Chad's Long and Low 12g

Chadf

I'm replacing the sicce 1.5 with a 3.0 within the next couple weeks :)
Really that much? I run a 2.0 on my 24x24x12. Those bulkhead drains are going to scream on you.
  • Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bella's Reef

I'm replacing the sicce 1.5 with a 3.0 within the next couple weeks :)

I have the sicce 3.0 on my 60p - it rocks!

Really that much? I run a 2.0 on my 24x24x12. Those bulkhead drains are going to scream on you.

It's about equal to scorched's return pump. The 3.0 has a little more max flow, his has a little better max head.

I'll probably have to dial it down a little though.

It's about equal to scorched's return pump. The 3.0 has a little more max flow, his has a little better max head.

I'll probably have to dial it down a little though.

I like how you can dial them down.
  • 2 weeks later...

Algae has been gone. Tank's looking good, still no coral, and still just the two fish. Still staying true to the lazy reefing plan, haven't tested anything, not even for the cycle. My refractometer has been used three times since I got this wet. That's with weekly 20% water changes using sw mixed by me, which I do not check the salinty of.

Algae has been gone. Tank's looking good, still no coral, and still just the two fish. Still staying true to the lazy reefing plan, haven't tested anything, not even for the cycle. My refractometer has been used three times since I got this wet. That's with weekly 20% water changes using sw mixed by me, which I do not check the salinty of.

That is how I have always done all my tanks and WC's.... Seems normal to me :) Your doing alot better on the WCs then me, I've done 2 I think on my 40B and we set them up around the same time LOL

Target is 1.025, the refractometer hasn't been used in about three months (roughly 12 WCs with untested water). I'll test and post after we get some guesses going, what do you think it is?

Do you measure the salt for the mix or just eye ball it? lol

I use a measuring cup, a heaping half cup per gallon.

1.025 final answer :) lol

I like your confidence. I'll give it a half hour or so to see if anyone else wants to weigh in.

Cameron6796

Uhm I am going to say that its 1.026 just cuz of some evap and the fact you do a heaping cup which could be a little more or less each time

Uhm I am going to say that its 1.026 just cuz of some evap and the fact you do a heaping cup which could be a little more or less each time

Thanks for weighing in. Let's here a couple more before I test, just curious what people think.

Ok just tested since everyone was dieing to know. Checked the calibration first, still perfect. And the result, about 1.0252. Who needs refractometers?

Damn it......I feel like this was rigged right from the start.

Sort of, I haven't tested my fresh SW in about 5 years.

The contest is over, Chris won $100.

LOL.... I had a good feeling cuz I used to use a levelish 1/2 cup and both times my salinity was ever tested it was 1.024 (each check was like 2 years apart by a curious friend who was amazed I could keep anything alive without knowing my salinity or any other parameters... which were never checked lol).

So what is up with this tank? Any coral algae anything?

No coral and no algae, just two fish swimming around and a cuc. I killed the pink n golds when I went peroxide crazy a while back :(

No coral and no algae, just two fish swimming around and a cuc. I killed the pink n golds when I went peroxide crazy a while back :(

:(

Archived