Pod Your Reef

Chad's Long and Low 12g

Chadf

Nice tank, I really like that bit of rock out the water. Consider getting a crab that can climb to the top and take a break from the water at times? The small ones that scurry across the sand and rocks at the beach.

Those look like they like a little bigger of a tank. I'm new to the hobby so I don't know if those minimum requirements are very strict.

Eh, those are just guidelines.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, those are just guidelines.

And your tanks dimensions aren't exactly typical for size which makes a bit of a difference as well.

And your tanks dimensions aren't exactly typical for size which makes a bit of a difference as well.

Word.

• 2 weeks later...

I just caught my skimmer cup halfway full for like the first time. It's usually empty doing nothing for a week before suddenly filling up with water in 5 seconds flat.

Oils in yer tank, maybe?

Anything's possible, although I try to keep my hands out of the tank and I haven't added any equipment or anything. The surface also has no buildup. I think it's just the crappy skimmer combined with too low of a bioload and too clean of a tank.

Sca 301

What is the sump water height?

That sucks man.....I've never had an issue with mine and it pulls some serious thick shit.
+1
pismo_reefer

Anything's possible, although I try to keep my hands out of the tank and I haven't added any equipment or anything. The surface also has no buildup. I think it's just the crappy skimmer combined with too low of a bioload and too clean of a tank.

Needs more poo, then.... :P

I just caught my skimmer cup halfway full for like the first time. It's usually empty doing nothing for a week before suddenly filling up with water in 5 seconds flat.

Exactly how mine is...... pos lol

And mine isn't a lack of nutrients problem.... I am running biopellets and feed the 5 fish fairly decent amount atleast once a day, and scoly atleast once a week.

We pick her up on Saturday :)

Sweet, look forward to seeing some more pics of her. :)

Hows life treatin ya?? Still doing good I hope!

Sweet, look forward to seeing some more pics of her. :)

Hows life treatin ya?? Still doing good I hope!

Doing good, still sober. Any updates on the knee?

Doing good, still sober. Any updates on the knee?

Glad to hear it man, I knew you could do it. Keep up the good work! :)

MRI results showed I have a torn meniscus w/ a meniscal cyst. More then likely going to have to have a surgery to repair it but gotta go see the regular doc tomorrow "to go over my options"... aka bill some more before sending me off to the orthopedic surgeon lol

Glad to hear it man, I knew you could do it. Keep up the good work! :)

MRI results showed I have a torn meniscus w/ a meniscal cyst. More then likely going to have to have a surgery to repair it but gotta go see the regular doc tomorrow "to go over my options"... aka bill some more before sending me off to the orthopedic surgeon lol

Hopefully they get you straightened out soon buddy.

Hopefully they get you straightened out soon buddy.

They'd just be doin knee surgery, not a complete re-do so thats not likely LOL I'll be happy to be able to walk right again without it giving out and almost falling over tho.

Hows the ribs been doing, still poppin out on ya?

Archived