Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Arce's Tank

Arce

So just checked the TDS before the DI, Coming out of the RO its 20 so i definitely need to switch it out.

In other news my alk came in lower than usual which is surprising. It tends to sit at 7.1 but today i tested at 6.88, increased by 1 mL.

What is the TDS of your tap water?

Be sure to replace the sediment and carbon block as well. These are cheap and I always like to have an extra pair on hand. Filters as well. :|

What is the TDS of your tap water?

Be sure to replace the sediment and carbon block as well. These are cheap and I always like to have an extra pair on hand. Filters as well. :|

I have no idea about the TDS of my tap, id have to rearrange my meter to check it. I just changed my carbon and sediment filters in the summer i think, so those should be fine for awhile.

Here, with me for now, sits a 34G tank with a custom sump, heater, mag 5 return pump and some good karma that had it's back all the time it was running. Tank is not in the greatest shape but it was loved and deserves a new home in 2015.......

:flower:

I have no idea about the TDS of my tap, id have to rearrange my meter to check it. I just changed my carbon and sediment filters in the summer i think, so those should be fine for awhile.

Pay $30 for a handheld temp correcting meter from amazon. TD-3 is a good one. Unless there is a tear in the RO membrane I believe the main symptom of it wearing out is lack of pressure.

Here, with me for now, sits a 34G tank with a custom sump, heater, mag 5 return pump and some good karma that had it's back all the time it was running. Tank is not in the greatest shape but it was loved and deserves a new home in 2015.......

:flower:

Nice try lol, happy new year =]

• Like 2

Pay $30 for a handheld temp correcting meter from amazon. TD-3 is a good one. Unless there is a tear in the RO membrane I believe the main symptom of it wearing out is lack of pressure.

Might give that a try, didnt think about temperature either. That could be the reason its throwing off the readings.

Welll stupid me left the dang doser in setup mode again. I dont remember when i last touched it, maybe yesterday? Really dont want to check my alk right now so im going to let it go till this weekend.

Edit.. Just kidding, couldnt walk away without testing. Alk 5.208. Fml. I need to make a sign to remind me to completely exit from the setup mode. Rookie mistake.

• Like 1

Hand dosed last night, today alk is reading in at 5.9. Slowly bringing it back up to the 7s. Just dosed another small amount which should bring me to the mid 6's.

• Like 1

Low alk is much better than high alk. I keep mine at 8-8.5

Edit: meaning having alk accidentally low is better than having it accidentally high.

Yea i have noticed this as well

TheKleinReef

My alk dropped too. I must have had a consumption spike. Because my Hawkins did not like it at all. It normally is 6.8-7.0ish and I tested today and it was 6.0. :( hope you can get everything squared away safely!

My alk dropped too. I must have had a consumption spike. Because my Hawkins did not like it at all. It normally is 6.8-7.0ish and I tested today and it was 6.0. :( hope you can get everything squared away safely!

Yea im slowly raising it, probably 3-4 days it should be back near 7. This is like the millionth time ive forgotten to completely exit the setup mode of my doser so im used to having to raise my alk back up. Luckily nothing has shown any issues or signs of being pissed off.

• Like 1

Looking good, but I suspect it would do better with more light. Is that directly under your lights?

Yep it is, at the highest point on the left rocks. When i checked it with my par meter that i rented awhile back it was getting 390-400 par where its at.

• Like 1

Yep it is, at the highest point on the left rocks. When i checked it with my par meter that i rented awhile back it was getting 390-400 par where its at.

Hmmm.

Well, polyp extension looks really good and the colors are rich. It looks really healthy. Getting good flow and are your phosphates and nitrates low? My nitrates are high, like 20 to 30, so if mine doesn't lighten up then nitrates might be the issue.

• Like 1

Hmmm.

Well, polyp extension looks really good and the colors are rich. It looks really healthy. Getting good flow and are your phosphates and nitrates low? My nitrates are high, like 20 to 30, so if mine doesn't lighten up then nitrates might be the issue.

Honestly couldn't tell you, but if i had to guess, minimal to 0 for both.

The lights thing is a interesting thought though... I want to modify the leds that are currently in the fixture i have. Maybe it may help lighten it up a little. I've also noticed a couple other pieces get darker and had this thought already.

Mine is still pretty pale in the greens. But very vibrant I the purple. I wish I had a par meter to check..

I had to rent a par meter to check, i was really curious.

Oh wow,this is a awesome thread. Sps look off the wall man,kudos :)

Thanks alot!