Innovative Marine Aquariums

Arce's Tank

Arce

Two questions for the pros...

1) does alkalinity consumption vary throughout the day? Or is it consistent?

2) buying online. Is it wise to do so during the winter months? Assuming reputable vendors pack their items nicely with heat packs and such. Just makes me nervous since i never ordered online for sps.

Rented a par meter... Too lazy to overlay the numbers on a FTS..

| 550 |
| |
| 395 |
| 390 |
| 350 |
| 320 |
| 300 |
| 280 |
|___________________240_______________________|
  • Like 1

So pretty much all the sps on the top left are getting approx 400 par. and the two "shelves" on the left 350-300. The other sides around the same as well but the lowest point tips under 300 which still isn't bad. Quite happy with these results.

Oh, i added more rock, now that i realize i didn't post it on here. On the left structure, created another landing. More room for sticks.

Side note... I really want a clam....

• Like 1

11 months late december. Started the tank late January.

Then the tank might be ready for a clam. Maxima is your best bet, the vibrant turq and blue ones need a lot more light than the less vibrant ones. Have your LFS call you when they have clams in stock. Don't buy the very small ones. about 3 inches is a good hardy size. Brightwell phyto-chrom is a good food to have.

• Like 1

Then the tank might be ready for a clam. Maxima is your best bet, the vibrant turq and blue ones need a lot more light than the less vibrant ones. Have your LFS call you when they have clams in stock. Don't buy the very small ones. about 3 inches is a good hardy size. Brightwell phyto-chrom is a good food to have.

I was definitely thinking maxima. Where i would place it it would get around 300 par. The store i go to around me only has the smaller clams, was planning on trying to find one somewhere else. Maybe online? PEA? Dont if they ship well.

Oh, bought my first maricultured piece today, a hot pink milli. Absolutely beautiful but definitely needs to heal up a bit. Got it on the cheap for the size so hoping it pulls through. Dipped it in bayer and brushed the rock base just in case.

Also added a green/blue chromis. Wanted another fish and didn't want to spend much since i honestly don't have a thing for fish at the moment, all about those acros. The damn royal gramma i have is being such a pos though, bullying him around the tank. Hopefully it works out.

Check my phosphates for the hell of it. Came in at 0.00. I dosed some microbacter per the instructions on the bottle the other day, no idea if it will help / make a difference but im going to try to feed heavier now. Well see what turns out.

Colors and growth are still on the rise though, so pretty happy.

• Like 1

Its so funny to watch new fish integrate into the system. My royal gramma was being a huge bully pushing the chromis away from his territory, finally he backed off as the chromis has been darting around the top of the tank. Now the royal gramma is chilling in a corner, just watching, its hilarious.

• Like 1

They had a very cute maxima in their frag tank today. And 3 larger ones in the big system. The largest wasn't doing so hot.

How big was the maxima? Are those able to sit on rock or do they need a sand bed / flat area?

Pic of that piece i got last week. Tried taking a top down with my phone, its alright. The milli is bright pink, absolutely beautiful, but needs to heal up alot still.

mmSh2Vw.jpg?1

• Like 3

Pic of that piece i got last week. Tried taking a top down with my phone, its alright. The milli is bright pink, absolutely beautiful, but needs to heal up alot still.

mmSh2Vw.jpg?1

Gorgeous piece

Random photos...

This pic is from Dec 8th..

16082469621_fb44f38645.jpgIMG_0212 by justinarce5692, on Flickr

This one is from today...

16082469751_362aa06672.jpgIMG_0244 by justinarce5692, on Flickr

Lots of encrusting growth and alot better color. When i first bought this frag in October, i think, it was very dark brown with no PE. Rebounded nicely.

Got some new pieces awhile ago i never posted...

Hawkins...

15462087054_6480d41200.jpgIMG_0240 by justinarce5692, on Flickr

And this super bright green acro, don't know any common name for it. Pic was taken at a really weird angle so it looks distorted..

15464734143_7d1587d8b9.jpgIMG_0242 by justinarce5692, on Flickr

• Like 1

Solid pieces! That pink Mille is insane!

I've been keeping my eye out for some cool milles.

Ive had a thing for millies lately, something about the fuzzy awesomeness just gets me. The hot pink one i found is beautiful, hoping it heals up and maintains that bright pink color.