inTank Media Baskets

Arce's Tank

Arce

Thats a good question! Lol, not sure of the name on it. But its a bright green with purple polyps.

I have the same one i was wondering if its the purple tips birds of paradise.

• Like 1

it's a Ponape Birdsnest. Birds of Paradise have a more fuller rounded tip and under certain light can have shades of yellow,green to purplish tips.

Ponape is my favorite out of the birdsnest SPS

• Like 1

it's a Ponape Birdsnest. Birds of Paradise have a more fuller rounded tip and under certain light can have shades of yellow,green to purplish tips.

Ponape is my favorite out of the birdsnest SPS

Damn ive always wanted mine to be a birds of paradise but guess ill settle.

• Like 1

Damn ive always wanted mine to be a birds of paradise but guess ill settle.

Ponape is 100% better looking, the BOP is a lie. :) When the BoP is happy it's just a fuzzy purple stick.

I have MEN!!!! Nooooo =[

Not sure what to do. I guess i need to dip it all.

Sorry, that sucks. I'm letting them eat all mine, stupid things, and then I'll watch them starve to death.

Ponape is 100% better looking, the BOP is a lie. :) When the BoP is happy it's just a fuzzy purple stick.

Sorry, that sucks. I'm letting them eat all mine, stupid things, and then I'll watch them starve to death.

Yea i grabbed a pic before i headed out for one of my classes. I cant upload it on my phone though. Definitely MEN. I only saw 3 on my red monti, luckily they were on the edges so i just cut the monti and removed them. Whats weird is i havent added anything since the frag swap over a month ago, and i dipped everything in bayer. So a adult nudi couldnt have made it in, so it must have been eggs. Im hoping these couple were the only ones, but i highly doubt it. Im going to wait a few days and see if i can find anymore. If not im going to let the tank just ride and see what happens, if i see a bunch im going to pull them out and dip. Well see...

When i pulled them out i looked for others, didnt see any, nor did i see any eggs... Maybe ill get lucky?......

Just overhauled my tank :tears: ...

I carefully looked at every monti and the surrounding rock in my tank. I found 1 more but couldn't see anything else. Chances are there's still more in there, i wouldn't doubt it, but i couldn't find any eggs. Guess i need to just hope that i got them all...

While i was inspecting my rock, i kicked up alot of sand, and noticed how dirty it was. Then i got frustrated..... and pulled out my sand.... it escalated quite quickly..... Honestly not upset about it though because ive been thinking about doing it anyway. My old 10g nano was BB and i dont mind the look especially if its a bit cleaner. Once my tank rebounds i can see some nice acan colonies on that glass, maybe a scoly or something as well.

Luckily through all the sand removal i only broke one coral, my spongodes. But my montis got destroyed as i searched them and broke pieces off to remove nudis.

Just overhauled my tank :tears: ...

I carefully looked at every monti and the surrounding rock in my tank. I found 1 more but couldn't see anything else. Chances are there's still more in there, i wouldn't doubt it, but i couldn't find any eggs. Guess i need to just hope that i got them all...

While i was inspecting my rock, i kicked up alot of sand, and noticed how dirty it was. Then i got frustrated..... and pulled out my sand.... it escalated quite quickly..... Honestly not upset about it though because ive been thinking about doing it anyway. My old 10g nano was BB and i dont mind the look especially if its a bit cleaner. Once my tank rebounds i can see some nice acan colonies on that glass, maybe a scoly or something as well.

Luckily through all the sand removal i only broke one coral, my spongodes. But my montis got destroyed as i searched them and broke pieces off to remove nudis.

5b7e0fdd39178dc8d4148618607fc96fb8908a1e

Keep an eye on your params or any signs of pissed of coral, a mini cycle could happen by you removing all that sand at once.

• Like 1

5b7e0fdd39178dc8d4148618607fc96fb8908a1e

Keep an eye on your params or any signs of pissed of coral, a mini cycle could happen by you removing all that sand at once.

Ok. Yea it kind of just happened out of frustration. Hopefully everything will be fine.

If they are common, like the spongodes and the red cap, I would toss and go monti-less for a few months. IMO once you see a few there are literally hundreds in the tank.

I took the montis I really liked, broke off health bits, scrubbed and dipped, and placed in my 29 gallon to grow while my 150 deals with this. Excuse to setup a second tank. :D

• Like 1

If they are common, like the spongodes and the red cap, I would toss and go monti-less for a few months. IMO once you see a few there are literally hundreds in the tank.

I took the montis I really liked, broke off health bits, scrubbed and dipped, and placed in my 29 gallon to grow while my 150 deals with this. Excuse to setup a second tank. :D

Ughhh i really dont want to toss them... Guess i have no choice though... How long would it take for them to die off? I wish i could set up another tank but its not a option right now.

Trying to decide if i should just toss all montis or dip and give that a try... Right now the only monti ive found nudis on is my red cap, but they are so small so i could have missed some.. Do they usually lay eggs on rock or anything else?

Trying to decide if i should just toss all montis or dip and give that a try... Right now the only monti ive found nudis on is my red cap, but they are so small so i could have missed some.. Do they usually lay eggs on rock or anything else?

Supposedly they only lay eggs on the coral but I'm not sure. I'm not sure how long it takes them to die off, so if you can control them and don't mind inspecting and dipping / scraping weekly you can give it a go as others have. I read so many "success" stories that then got hit months later I just gave up and couldn't be bothered with it. We'll see if my attitude changes when they start munching on my Setosa.

ricWbaZ.jpg

Gave in. Figure its just best to get it all out... When i was pulling them out i searched each underside carefully. The red monti only had a couple small ones but when i pulled out the spongodes... BAM hugeeeee Nudis. Pulled the piece out and saw some on my rocks so i want crazy with my bone cutters and chopped em all up in anger then sucked them out with a baster. Tank looks so bare now.. :(

• Like 1

Sorry. :( The spongodes is what they attacked first in my tank as well. Mine was large enough I was able to break off a piece which I inspected and scrubbed anyway and it's doing well in my 29. I am NOT convinced I won't find them at some point in my 29 so we'll see.

• Like 1

Sorry. :( The spongodes is what they attacked first in my tank as well. Mine was large enough I was able to break off a piece which I inspected and scrubbed anyway and it's doing well in my 29. I am NOT convinced I won't find them at some point in my 29 so we'll see.

Thanks.. Luckily there's a swap next weekend near me so ima go splurge on sticks to fill up the emptiness. Yea, its hard to get rid of them so i figured i needed to just throw it all out and let them all die off. Hopefully you got them and wont have any in your 29.

• Like 1