Top Shelf Aquatics

Arce's Tank

Arce

Pictures of the frag swap goodies!!

So first up is a nice size frag of Kat's "Katropora". Was totally stoked to get a piece of this. Hoping it holds the color.

IMG_2321_zps37162b72.jpg

Up next is an awesome Spongeodes I got from Dr. Tim.

IMG_2326_zpsea8d7507.jpg

Next, a purple Stylo.

IMG_2327_zpsf5be5496.jpg

These next two were complete impulse buys <_<. The one on the left has a nice light blue hue to it and the one on the right is more yellow/pink but my camera cannot pick up the colors. The pics make them look so pale/bleached but they really aren't irl.

IMG_2325_zpsdd3decd5.jpg

This was also another impulse buy, not sure of a name or ID. Has a nice pink coloration to it.

IMG_2322_zps71f165f8.jpg

I also got a few other things, a nice sized green monti ( I have a thing for montis :rolleyes:), large seasons greetings monti, Red digi, and a pink mili.

I also sold my green torch and the frogspawn. It was hard to let go of them since Euphyllias are also a favorite but i needed to get rid of them to pursue the direction i want with my tank. They were also getting huge.

• Like 3

Nice pickups! Those are great sized pieces. Love that stylo! Looks like a milka.

Thanks! Yea they are all nice sizes, they were also very cheap for the size.

Glad you got a Katrapora, you won't be disappointed. :)

Oh i know i wont :D . Just hoping it holds color true to the way it looks in kats tank.

• Like 1

Start it then. Ms. Katrapora the OG

:D Katropora owners thread. do it do it do it

Lol dooooo it.

Omg i was at the store and forgot to buy super glue :furious: ... fml, have to wait to mount some of those frags now.

Soooo since I switched my doser I've been having such a hard time dialing in my alk, just tested it and its around 99ppm (5.5dkh) measured with my hanna... I usually like to keep it around 7dkh. Luckily nothings showing signs of being pissed or dying. In fact things look pretty damn good despite one of two pieces needing some more color... Oh well. I glued some frags from the swap down, ill get a pic maybe tomorrow when things aren't pissed.

As of now I'm pretty much just in grow out phase. I may switch out a few pieces in the future but for now everything is just going to stay put.

ALK swings will show trouble, maybe not right away but they will. What ALK solution are you using?

How are you measuring how much to dose?

How are you dosing?

I picked up a BM doser last Wednesday and put it in the same day. Since i switched my alk dropped to around the middle/high 6's which wasn't a huge swing but now it came down considerably. I think it hasn't shown issues because it was a gradual drop, though i don't doubt i will see issues soon if i don't fix it. I'm using the red sea 2 part. My old doser was one of those junkie marine magic dosers with the dial on top so i never really knew how much i was dosing every day but could pretty much average it and it was around 10ml a day so i started with that but apparently need more.

Raise the daily dose moderately to slowly correct. I assume you are doing 24 daily doses? I would go 25 ml a day and test tomorrow to see if it rises or stays steady.

Raise the daily dose moderately to slowly correct. I assume you are doing 24 daily doses? I would go 25 ml a day and test tomorrow to see if it rises or stays steady.

I dont remember how many doses per day i set it to, but why would you say 24? I raised it a few ml, going to test tomorrow to see how it is.