Coral Vue Hydros

Progress on Orders : Check your order and others!

DaveFason

I'm really looking forward to checking it out. It should be here on Friday! I will definitely post my first impressions. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on my Nuvo 16, which won't ship until 2 june, supposedly. We'll see if it actually ships then. And I'm going to try hard to get my stand finished this weekend, too. When all of this comes together, it's going to be incredible.

Well, to me, anyway!

jamesck_00

I'm really looking forward to checking it out. It should be here on Friday! I will definitely post my first impressions. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on my Nuvo 16, which won't ship until 2 june, supposedly. We'll see if it actually ships then. And I'm going to try hard to get my stand finished this weekend, too. When all of this comes together, it's going to be incredible.

Well, to me, anyway!

On friday you will have a work of art to place on your stand... at least until you get your tank. :D

• Like 1
nismo_sky32
Nismo me too!

Actually two 24" black with cyan accents :D

Nice! Love the color combination. Did you get the lime LED? What are you putting these over?

Yes! I I see mine! No one else's is that vanilla. Lol! No email yet.... Will this go out next week?

I understand the sentiment. Seeing the actual, personalized unit makes you think it must be on its way or very close to it:-)

Getting there guys!

Another slew of units are running out the door this weekend. I am attempting to load PAR numbers for the Duo, Mini and 24" Duo today as well. I had something all set but turned out a little funny looking.

More to come!

-Dave

• Like 1
nismo_sky32

I'm still expecting mine to be another 2-3 weeks out as I placed my order last Thursday. My patience has never been so tested lol

• Like 1

Seven boxes out today and another 7-10 tomorrow. Photos will be loaded tonight along with the LONG over due PAR chart.

The next few months will be insanely busy. If for some reason I dont get back to you within the normal 12-24 hours it is because my wife and I had our offer accepted to the house we wanted. Awesome news but as some of you know, a TON of work. We are beyond excited and praying everything works out. Keep your fingers crossed for us. I can also build a new shop! :D

Fun times! I am also working with Chris at Pico and we will be using the budget model Tide for the new 5g tanks. WHOOP!

-Dave

• Like 3

Congrats on the house! The most appreciated well wishes/prayers sent my way during home buying moves were always those of smooth and on schedule closings so that's what I always pass along. Good luck!

Also where's my light? Lol. Kidding. I know it's worth the wait.

• Like 1

Few more!

Grey/Blue Tide w/ Hanging Kit

14333845321_13fb4e8529_c.jpg

Black/Teal Mini Tide w/ 14" Gooseneck

14150572200_17e0a82340_c.jpg

Black/Black Mini Tide with Moon

14335508612_11440b3edb_c.jpg

-Dave

Long over due. This was my personal unit. The readings will be a tad higher with others due to my Tide being suspended higher than the normal gooseneck and metal arm mounts. As you can see, this will easily support anything you can put in the tank. After running these I truly believe you could max it out on a 18" cube. The bottom corners would be lower but perfect for mushrooms, yumas, etc.

Any questions, PLEASE ask.

14336962005_2220c8b68b_b.jpg

• Like 1

More PAR!

All readings are done on a 30"x18"x15" tank. A few things to note.

• Regular Duo will light a 30" tank. However the PAR reading on the edges are low. You could grow simple mushrooms, yuma, rics, etc.
  • 24" Duo will easily support a 40-44" ( L ) x 22" ( W ) x 20-22" ( H ) aquarium
  • Units are 90% Blues and 75% whites. This to me is a real world setting that 95% of people would ever max out.

Duo

14340151372_d22487d7cb_b.jpg

Duo 24"

14361972303_5b84005ea4_b.jpg

-Dave

• Like 3

So Dave for someone like myself looking at a cad lights 34g that is 30" x 16" x 16" would you still go with the 24" after completing all these measurements?

Is there some kind of site that shows what par levels corals/clams need? I guess it would mainly be determined by what you want to keep in the tank.

I guess after looking around for a minute it would be that a dual would work but I would be limited, where the 24 will work with almost any coral I wanted at almost any spot in the tank.

• Like 1