Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Progress on Orders : Check your order and others!

DaveFason

HELP I'm learning that I may need to actually raise my mini tide from the gooseneck level for my lps/softie tank. Or can I just lower the settings? I went with the nano box so I would never have to upgrade for sps in the future. I ordered the mini tide with storm controller for my 8g nuvo that currently has a red plain mushroom, ricordia mushroom, zoas, hammer, and a duncan. I'm going to add an Acan Lord, and a micromussa. I can play around with positioning them, but do you guys have any input on settings for this current stock? I'm a total newbie!

• Like 1

Correct, while it will work you will be limited to something in certain spots. While the other it is ready for action.

I guess after looking around for a minute it would be that a dual would work but I would be limited, where the 24 will work with almost any coral I wanted at almost any spot in the tank.

Start really slow. Turn it down ~100 white setting and 130 blue.

HELP I'm learning that I may need to actually raise my mini tide from the gooseneck level for my lps/softie tank. Or can I just lower the settings? I went with the nano box so I would never have to upgrade for sps in the future. I ordered the mini tide with storm controller for my 8g nuvo that currently has a red plain mushroom, ricordia mushroom, zoas, hammer, and a duncan. I'm going to add an Acan Lord, and a micromussa. I can play around with positioning them, but do you guys have any input on settings for this current stock? I'm a total newbie!

• Like 1

Dave do you ever sleep? Some crazy post hours!

I do. Just have been on a daily grind. My normal schedule as of late...

Wake up : 5:30 Reply emails, PMs, browse forums, breakfast for the old woman and I and walk the pup.

Nano Box Work : 7:30-8 Start mounting, prepping, wiring, etc. Anything to crank stuff out. Normally one day I will prep all the orders that came in that week.

Day Job : 12:00 Normally will stop Nano Box work, clean and then rush to day job.

Close Day Job : 7:30 Close the warehouse and shop down, then head back home to cook dinner and knock out more emails.

Late night work : who knows. Normally try to finish stuff I was not able to finish in the morning. Along with knocking out house prepping.

Moving is going to be a chore but well worth it. We have our inspector coming the 16th and praying all checks out. After that its on for the loan and all that jazz.

I have a ton of stuff going on every day but would not change it at all. Some days can but ruff, but thats life! I love building these units for you guys. Getting to see the tanks afterwards is the best part!

-Dave

• Like 3

slickest little fixture I've found yet. To me.. aesthetics make the tank. Sure the coral is cool for a bit and you can have a sick lookin tank, but then you gotta look at the 2 x 4 stand or the jerry rigged light fixture for the rest of the time.

Just ordered and he gave me 3-4 weeks. Freakin outstanding for a custom fixture w/color choices and a custom sidemounted gooseneck.

• Like 1
nismo_sky32

3,4 or 5 is pretty impressive regardless. You're a one man show building nice looking custom LED fixtures, juggling a job, wife and now buying a house.

Currently 3-4. Sometimes I go into 5 but working on that!

-Dave

Cool, sounds like my flare should be close to being ready!!!

• Like 1

Just finished setting mine up and it looks beautiful! Best investment i've made so far for my tank! Thanks again Dave and congrats on the new house!

• Like 1

Just finished setting mine up and it looks beautiful! Best investment i've made so far for my tank! Thanks again Dave and congrats on the new house!

Got any pics on the tank?

Mine is shipping this week! I've never been this patient, but for this I was willing to wait! I'll also be waiting to see how things go, but I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering a flare or two in the near future for a fw planted 20g tank that currently has an ugly bulky inadequate light.

• Like 1

Those with 24" Duos will have a 1-1.5 extra on the orders. My machine went down last night and will have the new part on Sunday. I apologize for those with the 24's but would rather be up front about it! Once the machine is back online I am cranking out 10-15 units extra.

This could be quicker but I wanted to give myself a day or two extra just in case.

-Dave

Hey Dave, I never asked if the storm upgrade comes with a case or if I have to order it from coralux?

Mine came with a case.

• Like 1

Hey Dave, I never asked if the storm upgrade comes with a case or if I have to order it from coralux?

Every one comes with a case.

-Dave

Gah, was so excited at the black and blue quad for a moment :(

Mill is back and running. I should have something for you very shortly sir! :)

-Dave