Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

Polarcollision

Forgot to upload a closeup of a maxi mini from today =)

15241265546_46e20f7d2a.jpg

I also listed all my remaining SPS and some misc corals for sale on a local forum. No more sticks for me! Maybe just encrusting montiporas.

gorgeous! Check out my encrusting monti thread for ideas...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Polarcollision

that thread was what got me hooked =P.

Cool! I'm gluing montis and pavona to the back wall. Hopefully they meld into each other like rainbow sherbet.

Forgot to upload a closeup of a maxi mini from today =)

I also listed all my remaining SPS and some misc corals for sale on a local forum. No more sticks for me! Maybe just encrusting montiporas.

Oooo - this is wonderful looking mate!!

Amazing as always ninja!!!! I love your FF pair. Mine aren't friends again. They are moody. The original is hiding all the time again :(. I hope you have better luck with them!!!!! If not, get a possum wrasse. They are adorable :).

OMG where did you read that?!! omgomgomg fingerscrossed

+1!!!!!!

Amazing as always ninja!!!! I love your FF pair. Mine aren't friends again. They are moody. The original is hiding all the time again :(. I hope you have better luck with them!!!!! If not, get a possum wrasse. They are adorable :).

I am really hoping mine is a bonded pair. They hang out together at the LFS and they hide / sleep together now. Crossing my fingers...

For Gena and Jaime...my second blasto =)

https://flic.kr/p/p13dk2'>15096637359_bf30782f2e.jpg

A couple of months ago, most of these rics were bleached. I am so glad I stuck with them because most turned orange and even yellow!! Some are still bleached but they will come around!

https://flic.kr/p/pfvr8q'>15260379386_8d56ee30df.jpg

Misc zoas. I lost a few zoas lately despite finally getting rid of the nudis. I think it may be due to light being too bright or lack of iodine. My xenia is growing really fast and I suspect they are using up all the iodine in the tank. Will start dosing VERY small amount of iodine to see if things improve.

https://flic.kr/p/phvnyW'>15283000402_3c1e4c0a76.jpg

Got these from a local reefer a few weeks back. Doing great so far.

https://flic.kr/p/p14eGC'>15096837088_c43fbdacf1.jpg

Misc zoas. I lost a few zoas lately despite finally getting rid of the nudis. I think it may be due to light being too bright or lack of iodine. My xenia is growing really fast and I suspect they are using up all the iodine in the tank. Will start dosing VERY small amount of iodine to see if things improve.

A few drops a week sure doesn't hurt and it's what I've been doing for too many years to mention :)

When anything in my tank bleaches or is injured I double the dose and I find that it helps in these situations, especially. Case in point is my Scolly attacked orange Yuma that in just a few days time is healing nicely.

A few drops a week sure doesn't hurt and it's what I've been doing for too many years to mention :)

When anything in my tank bleaches or is injured I double the dose and I find that it helps in these situations, especially. Case in point is my Scolly attacked orange Yuma that in just a few days time is healing nicely.

Thats good to know! I keep reading mixing reviews on dosing iodine since it's hard to test for. I am using Kent Tech I.

I use Kent 'Concentrated Iodine' (Potassium Iodide and Calcium Iodide).

I think of it as a tonic, of sorts. Better to stay on the cautious side when dosing since only a subset of Iodine species can be tested for using hobbyist grade test kits. That is the reason that I gave up on Iodine testing 15 years ago.

Polarcollision

Thats good to know! I keep reading mixing reviews on dosing iodine since it's hard to test for. I am using Kent Tech I.

I use Kent 'Concentrated Iodine' (Potassium Iodide and Calcium Iodide).

I think of it as a tonic, of sorts. Better to stay on the cautious side when dosing since only a subset of Iodine species can be tested for using hobbyist grade test kits. That is the reason that I gave up on Iodine testing 15 years ago.

I read somewhere that yellow SPS corals are iodine canaries. If they're yellow, iodine is OK. If they're green, iodine is higher.

I read somewhere that yellow SPS corals are iodine canaries. If they're yellow, iodine is OK. If they're green, iodine is higher.

Zoas already opened up more a few days after I added the iodine. Not sure if it can be 100% correlated but so far so goood. Will be getting rid of my SPS soon so no more worries in that department =P. Will only have encrusting montis. No more sticks!

In non tank related news, we got a new foster this weekend and he's the CUTEST! We put his picture up on a facebook group and already got tons of applications for him. So sad that we only get to foster him for a week.

https://flic.kr/p/pi5cgQ'>15289404466_37a4a8e797.jpg

Got some Larry's Reef Frenzy Nano and the two firefish had a feast! I spot feed all the LPS (blastos, hammers, plate, frogspawns, candy canes) and maxi mini, and the feeding response was INSANE! The new blasto ate a huge chunk. nom nom nom for everyone.

Thanks 1stimereefer!! I read somewhere that you recommended this =)

Got some Larry's Reef Frenzy Nano and the two firefish had a feast! I spot feed all the LPS (blastos, hammers, plate, frogspawns, candy canes) and maxi mini, and the feeding response was INSANE! The new blasto ate a huge chunk. nom nom nom for everyone.

Thanks 1stimereefer!! I read somewhere that you recommended this =)

I think I need to find some of this!

Zoas already opened up more a few days after I added the iodine. Not sure if it can be 100% correlated but so far so goood. Will be getting rid of my SPS soon so no more worries in that department =P. Will only have encrusting montis. No more sticks!

In non tank related news, we got a new foster this weekend and he's the CUTEST! We put his picture up on a facebook group and already got tons of applications for him. So sad that we only get to foster him for a week.

15289404466_37a4a8e797.jpg

He's really a cutie pie. It would be too hard for me to foster. I'd get too attached and want to keep him.

Everything I feed loves LRS. Glad you got some. It is so worth it. So clean. Sometimes I just take a frozen piece and just wave it around til it dissipates. I alternate with my flower nems too- one day LRS, the other day it's frozen jumbo mysis shrimp by Hikari.

I'll have to look into that food. My FF is getting a little fussy with food. BTW...I think I lost the other one. Haven't seen it in a while now.

One of mine is out more but the other one is always hiding. He came out when I fed the new food and I was so relieved. He hasn't eaten for days. But at night, they are still cuddling in the same spot.

He's really a cutie pie. It would be too hard for me to foster. I'd get too attached and want to keep him.

Everything I feed loves LRS. Glad you got some. It is so worth it. So clean. Sometimes I just take a frozen piece and just wave it around til it dissipates. I alternate with my flower nems too- one day LRS, the other day it's frozen jumbo mysis shrimp by Hikari.

Yea, I am surprised with how clean the food is. Just white chunky bits of goodness.

Archived