ReefCleaners.org

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

Beautiful established system. You really did an excellent job with the aqua scape allowing for good water circulation and coral growth. The extension and color of your corals is outstanding. You also can take excellent pictures. Glad to be following your thread.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful established system. You really did an excellent job with the aqua scape allowing for good water circulation and coral growth. The extension and color of your corals is outstanding. You also can take excellent pictures. Glad to be following your thread.

thanks man! been through alot with this tank so i'm happy that things been going well lately.

Tank is lookin great, your pics are amazing! How is the attack on the nudi's going??

It's coming along. I been dipping the zoas not glued down in RODI and it seems to be helping. I also take a flashlight at night and look over all the polyps. Haven't seen a nudi yet in a week. Still planning to get a yellow coris soon though. A LFS I never been to has some in stock. I may drive the 45 mins this weekend to check them out. Since I never bought from them, I am a little worried they don't medicate or QT new livestock.

Pretty! They don't seem to be very aggressive either and can hold their own against RFAs...from my experience :).

I wasn't a fan of candy canes in the beginning when there were only a couple of heads. But now that they are growing, I love them. The color also been improving too so now it's more blue than before. Green candy canes still scare me. Not sure why. I have two tiny heads in the Spec, and I may give them away soon cuz they remind me of little green aliens... (i have an alien phobia...it's weird cuz i fear them but i cant help being intrigued by them and i use to watch all those alien autopsy shows on tv....weird)

I wasn't a fan of candy canes in the beginning when there were only a couple of heads. But now that they are growing, I love them. The color also been improving too so now it's more blue than before. Green candy canes still scare me. Not sure why. I have two tiny heads in the Spec, and I may give them away soon cuz they remind me of little green aliens... (i have an alien phobia...it's weird cuz i fear them but i cant help being intrigued by them and i use to watch all those alien autopsy shows on tv....weird)

I've always been a big fan of the CCs :). That's too funny that they remind you of little green aliens :lol:. Don't give them away!!!! They looks so nice with the turquoise ones...they compliment each other well :).

It's coming along. I been dipping the zoas not glued down in RODI and it seems to be helping. I also take a flashlight at night and look over all the polyps. Haven't seen a nudi yet in a week. Still planning to get a yellow coris soon though. A LFS I never been to has some in stock. I may drive the 45 mins this weekend to check them out. Since I never bought from them, I am a little worried they don't medicate or QT new livestock.

Glad to hear it is going good for you so far hopefully it continues! Yellow coris are sweet, but grow quick. I hear ya on being worried about them not taking preventative measures... weird they don't atleast medicate or anything tho seems they would have alot of losses, and a bad rep. :wacko:

Glad to hear it is going good for you so far hopefully it continues! Yellow coris are sweet, but grow quick. I hear ya on being worried about them not taking preventative measures... weird they don't atleast medicate or anything tho seems they would have alot of losses, and a bad rep. :wacko:

The LFS that does QT has a white belly wrasse. I am now debating whether to get that instead. Research shows they are very very similar.

In other tank news, I really really regret getting all those Maxi Minis!! They all crawled under the rock so I barely see them. They are not getting ANY light and turning pale. Why oh why. Wish I can sell them all now. How do I get them OFF the rock?!?!

What kind of filter are you using? Regular UV or what. I'm thinking of getting a dslr soon.

no filters on the macro lens. regular UV for protection only on the mid zoom. DSLRs are sooo cheap now. great time to pick one up.

just spent 2 hours doing water changes and moving things around. Hope i didn't stress all the corals too much. Moved the frogspawns to the right hand side and moved all the rics to the center. Tank looks much more open now. Gonna head to LFS tomorrow cuz they have Seasons Greeting Monti frag for $10 and nice zoas (mauls, scrambled eggs, wow) for $5 a polyp =).

just spent 2 hours doing water changes and moving things around. Hope i didn't stress all the corals too much. Moved the frogspawns to the right hand side and moved all the rics to the center. Tank looks much more open now. Gonna head to LFS tomorrow cuz they have Seasons Greeting Monti frag for $10 and nice zoas (mauls, scrambled eggs, wow) for $5 a polyp =).

Love to see pictures of the new configuration. Will be going to my LFS tomorrow as well to pick up a few things. Might be a while before I add any fish though. I owned 2 yellow choris wrasses and they become even more beautiful as they mature. You will notice green horizontal lines on their face. Only thing is that they bury themselves in the gravel at night and will stir the sand bed up a bit. Will certainly take care of flat worms and other pests though.

Love to see pictures of the new configuration. Will be going to my LFS tomorrow as well to pick up a few things. Might be a while before I add any fish though. I owned 2 yellow choris wrasses and they become even more beautiful as they mature. You will notice green horizontal lines on their face. Only thing is that they bury themselves in the gravel at night and will stir the sand bed up a bit. Will certainly take care of flat worms and other pests though.

I ordered a yellow coris from the LFS I trust. Hopefully he will get a small one in soon, but I still have to wait 2 weeks for QT. I stir my sand daily and vacuum a quarter of it during water change so shouldn't be a problem if the wrasse stir the sand. It will just be helping me =). The LFS has a white belly wrasse right now which is very similar to the yellow, but it's bigger than I would like.

Can't wait to see what you pick up tomorrow.

I ordered a yellow coris from the LFS I trust. Hopefully he will get a small one in soon, but I still have to wait 2 weeks for QT. I stir my sand daily and vacuum a quarter of it during water change so shouldn't be a problem if the wrasse stir the sand. It will just be helping me =). The LFS has a white belly wrasse right now which is very similar to the yellow, but it's bigger than I would like.

Can't wait to see what you pick up tomorrow.

Just out of curiosity, don't they need large tanks? Im wondering because I've always wanted one but didn't think my tank was big enough.

Just out of curiosity, don't they need large tanks? Im wondering because I've always wanted one but didn't think my tank was big enough.

Most information you will find will stress putting the in a minimum of 50 gallons. They get to be about five inches long when fully mature which could take a couple of years. Keeping a smaller on in a smaller reef can work but I certainly would move it if showing signs of stress. This is a huge advantage to also owning a 220 gallon reef.

Most information you will find will stress putting the in a minimum of 50 gallons. They get to be about five inches long when fully mature which could take a couple of years. Keeping a smaller on in a smaller reef can work but I certainly would move it if showing signs of stress. This is a huge advantage to also owning a 220 gallon reef.

Thanks for the info, my next tank is 24x14x12 which is around 17.5g. I do have a buddy with a 110g so this may be an option.

Definitely moving him or selling him when he gets over 2.5". That's why I asked my LFS for a 1.5" one. I only need one to take care of zoa eating nudibranch that I been battling for months now. Flatworm Exit, weekly dips, nothing seem to be working. This is my last resort. He will most likely go to my aunt who has a 125 gallon tank or to a local reefer.

A sixline wrasse will also do the trick and possibly even more efficiently then the yellow chorus. Only issue is that I find the 6 line to be quite aggressive with other smaller fish. Love the colors, how active it is, and the services it does in the aquarium. Just don't like its disposition. Yellow choris is certainly the more docile of the 2. Good luck with the Nudi.

Your tank is really freaking nice! Your pics are really crisp too. What camera are you using?

Thanks! Nikon D7000 with a mixture of Tamron 60mm macro and Nikon 24-120mm.

A sixline wrasse will also do the trick and possibly even more efficiently then the yellow chorus. Only issue is that I find the 6 line to be quite aggressive with other smaller fish. Love the colors, how active it is, and the services it does in the aquarium. Just don't like its disposition. Yellow choris is certainly the more docile of the 2. Good luck with the Nudi.

I have a sixline now. It's an awesome fish but doesn't have an appetite for nudis. I read it depends on individual fish but alot of people have good experience with the yellow coris. I will be returning the sixline to the local reefer I "borrowed" it from.

1 year anniversary yesterday!! Can't believe this tank has been up for 1 year now. I think I been through most of the things that can go wrong with a tank now. Massive death, nudis, flatworms, failing ATO, light breaking, STN, RTN, algae outbreak, cyano, and more. Glad to get all those out of the way. Hoping for smooth sailing from here on out. Dont have much further plans for this tank other than to let things grow out =).

Day 1:

9577578179_a8d77e55c9.jpg

Day 365:

14838757738_67a5ff5ec8.jpg

More Photos:

New Seasons Greeting Monti frag (super small frag)

15022297521_c7901b76a9.jpg

Plate coral closeup

14838634729_18e3a8b9e5.jpg

Torch closeup with clown fish photobomb

14838636019_c886af5039.jpg

Ric garden front and center now.

14838834747_bf4f2dcb27.jpg

Encrusting gonipora. LFS said encrusting much more hardy. So far so good =).

14838764168_34f5537f79.jpg

Frogspawn closeup. Color is crazy under LEDs!

14838761928_9f15dc5caf.jpg

FTS of only the tank

https://flic.kr/p/oBfhiC'>14838712670_c057bdf00b.jpg

Archived