Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are looking for more blastos you totally have to order from UC! They are cheaper if you don't go with the WYSIWYG. Get the Cherry Blasto ;).

Do you have any of the cherry blastos? They look really really nice.

Beautiful tank! And you take great photos too :)

Congrats on a year of life. You have one beautiful glass baby.

Thanks!!

soo...how do I know when I need to restock on my CUC? I think all my nass and dwarf ceriths are dead. It's mostly empty shells everywhere. What's the typical lifespan for a CUC anyways? Is 1 year an old time to restock??

=(. I killed the really nice birdnest that has almost tripled in size since November. I sold my sixline and had to take out all the rocks to get him out. During that, the birdnest fell off and it took me 20 mins to glue it back. Now it lost tissue everywhere and bare white. Sigh. I guess I am one step closer to LPS and softies only tank now.

skyscraper2290

Sorry to hear about the birds nest, what other sps do you still have? And did you ever figure out your question about the CUC?

Sorry to hear about the birds nest, what other sps do you still have? And did you ever figure out your question about the CUC?

only SPS left are two pocillopora, 1 sunset monti, and a very very small frag of ORA birdnest. I will most likely sell off one of the pocillopora soon. More space for zoas =). I plan to order more CUC soon. I guess it can't hurt right?

Beautiful tank!

Thanks!

=(. I killed the really nice birdnest that has almost tripled in size since November. I sold my sixline and had to take out all the rocks to get him out. During that, the birdnest fell off and it took me 20 mins to glue it back. Now it lost tissue everywhere and bare white. Sigh. I guess I am one step closer to LPS and softies only tank now.

That is a shame.

Usually, SPS can take a fair amount of dry time without having issues. When I take mine out I re-dip them every 10 mins. in the tank between gluings and I haven't lost anything (knock on wood).

Just incredible pics. This is one of my faves:

One day I have to get some of your legendary corals so I can show them off. Heard lots of nice things about you guys.

Great work on this! TOTM - TOTM - TOTM

I don't see how this isn't a TOTM already.. Seriously. I think you need to be Octobers for sure !!!

crossing my fingers for October 2015 =).

hey ninja where do you get your rics??

All over the places but my fav ones came from Saltcritters last summer.

That is a shame.

Usually, SPS can take a fair amount of dry time without having issues. When I take mine out I re-dip them every 10 mins. in the tank between gluings and I haven't lost anything (knock on wood).

I think it's because it kept falling and I had to put pressure on it to make it stay. This has gotten big enough that the single "trunk" at the base can't really support all the branches. It really is a shame cuz this guy survived while most of my other SPS died a while back and I was finally able to get the nice neon green color back. Right now it's 40% tissue lost. Maybe there's still a chance it can recover.

I say there's a 50/50 chance it'll make it,my Sunburst monti started to RTN due to temp swings and a rusted impeller shaft and it's made/making a comeback. The spot that was pure skeleton is now turning orangish pink,slowwwwwwly. Just have faith man :)

I think it's because it kept falling and I had to put pressure on it to make it stay. This has gotten big enough that the single "trunk" at the base can't really support all the branches. It really is a shame cuz this guy survived while most of my other SPS died a while back and I was finally able to get the nice neon green color back. Right now it's 40% tissue lost. Maybe there's still a chance it can recover.

I'm sorry to hear about your birds nest. I hope it makes a comeback for you!

Went to LFS to pick up a yellow coris but came home with a pair of firefish instead =). They are out and about already! Here's a quick shot with the pumps still on so a little blurry:

https://flic.kr/p/paMRoh'>15207000296_5261b16440_z.jpg

I havent seen nudis in weeks so I rather not pick up a yellow coris that will get too big in the future. Also, these two looked like a bonded pair in the LFS, and I been missing having a firefish in the tank. Hope they stay out all the time!

Went to LFS to pick up a yellow coris but came home with a pair of firefish instead =). They are out and about already! Here's a quick shot with the pumps still on so a little blurry:

15207000296_5261b16440_z.jpg

I havent seen nudis in weeks so I rather not pick up a yellow coris that will get too big in the future. Also, these two looked like a bonded pair in the LFS, and I been missing having a firefish in the tank. Hope they stay out all the time!

:wub: so nice that your pair is already out and about. Hope they stay that way. Any problems with them and your clown?

The fire fish look nice. I agree that a yellow coris would get to big for the tank you have. Good choice.

Thanks! Last time I had to get my sixline out, I had to take out all the rocks and stirred up quite a bit of sand. I think I introduced a mini cycle doing that since a few corals didnt do so well afterwards. So I want to avoid another wrasse.

firefish give it some more pop to the tank(like it needs any) nice grab. i just wish i still had mine. great pic and stunning tank.

Your clownfish pair also looks really great in your tank!

:wub: so nice that your pair is already out and about. Hope they stay that way. Any problems with them and your clown?

So far so good! The clown stays on the left side of the tank with the torch and the firefish the right. And of course after I took the photo, they went into hiding and didn't come out for food. Crossing my fingers I wake up tomorrow to them hanging out again!

Archived