Pod Your Reef

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

I love zoanthids as well and created my center island in the new Fusion with several variations of them. Never tried to remove maxi minis so I cannot be much help in this department.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Face the power head on them. Can you place the rock on it's side?

I may have to take the rock out and turn it upside down. It's weird cuz two of the maxis are already upside down so maybe by just taking it out of water, gravity will do its thing. good thing i dont have much else on this rock.

some very hardy watermelon zoas melted yesterday and alot of other zoas are all closed. haven't seen any nudis the past 2 weeks. hmmm...time to do a deep cleaning and change out chemipure and purigen.

on happier note, got inspired by Gena and got some really nice blastos from a local reefer =).

some very hardy watermelon zoas melted yesterday and alot of other zoas are all closed. haven't seen any nudis the past 2 weeks. hmmm...time to do a deep cleaning and change out chemipure and purigen.

on happier note, got inspired by Gena and got some really nice blastos from a local reefer =).

I swear zoas have been doing this to me since I started, pallys on the other hand, bomb proof ime

this is one of my favorite aquascapes...i love all the levels and overhangs. also that purple torch (?) is my favorite and i haven't seen one in person yet...but when i do i will probably have to grab a piece...it's so pretty.

this is one of my favorite aquascapes...i love all the levels and overhangs. also that purple torch (?) is my favorite and i haven't seen one in person yet...but when i do i will probably have to grab a piece...it's so pretty.

thanks!! the purple torch is a white tip "fat head" torch, "fat head" because the tentacles are fuller and thicker. I love how my clown hosts it. But yesterday I switched the position of the white tip torch and my gold torch and my clown is now hosting the gold torch. Clowns can be so weird =P.

Here's a pic of the clown hosting the white tip torch.

https://flic.kr/p/offVvp'>14601191405_846bf0b525_z.jpg

In other tank news, i put in new carbon and phosguard last night and my GSP is pissssed. I may have to dirty up the water today =P.

How do you dirty the water? I feel like your suggestion (I believe it was you) with my water perhaps being too clean is perhaps a problem.

I haven't put Mysis in over 2 weeks.. thinking of being a little generous on it.

Also - super epic clown pic, I love it so much dude!! Do you have any plans to up to the Fusion 20? ;) Would be sweet if we went in parellel haha!

How do you dirty the water? I feel like your suggestion (I believe it was you) with my water perhaps being too clean is perhaps a problem.

I haven't put Mysis in over 2 weeks.. thinking of being a little generous on it.

Also - super epic clown pic, I love it so much dude!! Do you have any plans to up to the Fusion 20? ;) Would be sweet if we went in parellel haha!

just feed more =). but i dont think too clean water is your issue since you been running without chemical filters for 2 weeks. if anything, maybe ur water is toooo dirty.

no plans for upgrade right now. wife will kill me. when we move, i plan to go bigger to a 45 gallon shallow or something to open up more options for fish.

Mooooore pictures of new additions:

New blastos with 3 big heads and 2 baby heads. It's more on the pink side in real life. I think I may sell all my acans for blastos instead! Love how the center glows.

https://flic.kr/p/p2gdeV'>15110490015_94f74b36c2_z.jpg

In a moment of weakness, I way overpaid for these "African blue steel" zoas which I think are just blue hornets. Oh well, I am a sucker for zoas with yellow color.

https://flic.kr/p/oJM2Eo'>14923927358_2fb528cc4f_z.jpg

Put the new green octo frogspawn next to my old one and when they puff up, they look like one bi-color frogspawn =).

https://flic.kr/p/p2gcQD'>15110488665_8da1d66d44_z.jpg

Ric garden looking great still

https://flic.kr/p/p2eozW'>15110134592_0590d2e283_z.jpg

Wow, awesome pics! Where do you buy your rics if you don't mind my asking?

I got my rics from many different places =P. Some from Saltcritters (they have orange ones for $7 after coupon sometimes), MyReefToYours.com, and from local group bys. When you buy, ask for Florida Ricordeas and NOT Puerto Rican ones. The Puerto Rican ones are smaller with smaller "bubbles" and IMO, not as pretty. I have a mixture of both.

I got my rics from many different places =P. Some from Saltcritters (they have orange ones for $7 after coupon sometimes), MyReefToYours.com, and from local group bys. When you buy, ask for Florida Ricordeas and NOT Puerto Rican ones. The Puerto Rican ones are smaller with smaller "bubbles" and IMO, not as pretty. I have a mixture of both.

Thanks for the advice, your tank is amazing!

Thanks for the advice, your tank is amazing!

Thanks! That means alot coming from you. Your tank has recently became one of my favs, and I love visiting threads that you post in so I get to see it in your sig =).

Mooooore pictures of new additions:

New blastos with 3 big heads and 2 baby heads. It's more on the pink side in real life. I think I may sell all my acans for blastos instead! Love how the center glows.

15110490015_94f74b36c2_z.jpg

Welcome to the dark side :lol:

Nice addition! I put in 3 orders of new corals this week!!! luckily not married yet :). I ordered some rics, blastos, and red flower anemone from saltcritters today and I also like how blasto glows in the center and have vibrant contrast in color, but I do think ultra grade acans are very attractive as well, i love my acans and their response to feeding, mine color up very nicely, night and day difference from when i got them in, I wanted to see how blastos react to target feed.

Welcome to the dark side :lol:

Haha. I never liked blastos before. All the ones I see at LFS have long stalky skeleton and reminds me of trumpet corals, and they were always single head so it looks kind of weird. I am sooo glad I bought these off a local reefer. I wasnt even looking for them, but they were on the same rock as the hammer coral I wanted. Now I am looking online at uniquecorals for more...you and Gena are baaaaddddd influences =P.

Nice addition! I put in 3 orders of new corals this week!!! luckily not married yet :). I ordered some rics, blastos, and red flower anemone from saltcritters today and I also like how blasto glows in the center and have vibrant contrast in color, but I do think ultra grade acans are very attractive as well, i love my acans and their response to feeding, mine color up very nicely, night and day difference from when i got them in, I wanted to see how blastos react to target feed.

I was so proud of myself today. I spent 2 hours this morning browsing saltcritters, woo's aquatics, and pacific east aquaculture. I have all the stuff I want in the cart, but nope, I controlled myself. Can't wait to see your new order from saltcritters. I was soo tempted to spend another $100 just on rics.

I was so proud of myself today. I spent 2 hours this morning browsing saltcritters, woo's aquatics, and pacific east aquaculture. I have all the stuff I want in the cart, but nope, I controlled myself. Can't wait to see your new order from saltcritters. I was soo tempted to spend another $100 just on rics.

Yeah well I couldn't, let me know if you have any suppression advice...lol. I think this will be my last corals order as I think im already overstocked once everything grown out. I'm excited to see that red flower anemone the most.

Haha. I never liked blastos before. All the ones I see at LFS have long stalky skeleton and reminds me of trumpet corals, and they were always single head so it looks kind of weird. I am sooo glad I bought these off a local reefer. I wasnt even looking for them, but they were on the same rock as the hammer coral I wanted. Now I am looking online at uniquecorals for more...you and Gena are baaaaddddd influences =P.

If you are looking for more blastos you totally have to order from UC! They are cheaper if you don't go with the WYSIWYG. Get the Cherry Blasto ;).

Archived