Cultivated Reef

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

Nano sapiens

Both are aggressive corals (Chalice's have generally long sweepers, Goni will kill what it can touch), so leave some room around 'em.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both are aggressive corals (Chalice's have generally long sweepers, Goni will kill what it can touch), so leave some room around 'em.

Thanks for the tip! I read about the Chalice but didn't know that about Goni. It looks so innocent.

Gorgeous tank, Ninja. Sorry to hear about the firefish though :( that opening pic of it is a stunner.

thank! firefish is my fav still but i just dont have much luck with them. just checked out your 14 gallon long. YOUR firefish is way cooler than my old one.

thank! firefish is my fav still but i just dont have much luck with them. just checked out your 14 gallon long. YOUR firefish is way cooler than my old one.

Thanks. I'm hoping the luck holds and he stays nice and visible. So far so good; still loves being front & center, which I think is helping my wrasse feel more secure :lol:

Did your tank come with a return pump? I'm already debating getting an AIO cube but not sure what return pump I'll need.

Thanks. I'm hoping the luck holds and he stays nice and visible. So far so good; still loves being front & center, which I think is helping my wrasse feel more secure :lol:

Did your tank come with a return pump? I'm already debating getting an AIO cube but not sure what return pump I'll need.

yup. most AIO will come with everything you need but people often upgrade the pumps. i didn't need to for this PicO but my Spec V i did

my wife and i were having dinner last night and i casually brought up getting a bigger 30 gallon tank. she gave me the death stare and the convo ended there.... :(

my wife and i were having dinner last night and i casually brought up getting a bigger 30 gallon tank. she gave me the death stare and the convo ended there.... :(

That sucks.... I actually didn't tell my lady about my new PicO until after it was ordered. It went better than expected, but we were camping and drinking so who knows what will happen when it shows up :)

yup. most AIO will come with everything you need but people often upgrade the pumps. i didn't need to for this PicO but my Spec V i did

LOL....I know that look. It took a lot of properly timed poking and prodding before she finally accepted the inevitable, but I definitely had my fair share of convo ending death stares....

That sucks.... I actually didn't tell my lady about my new PicO until after it was ordered. It went better than expected, but we were camping and drinking so who knows what will happen when it shows up :)

That's another way to go about it....good luck LOL. I hope she didn't just think you were joking or was so drunk she doesn't remember.

Oh man,noooo. Just tell her you'll get rid of the other two tanks lol if you didn't already mention that ;)

But I want to keep them all! I am such a hoarder...

LOL....I know that look. It took a lot of properly timed poking and prodding before she finally accepted the inevitable, but I definitely had my fair share of convo ending death stares....

I think this is her way of getting revenge on me for not letting her get a cat. But the cat will eat the fish!

I think this is her way of getting revenge on me for not letting her get a cat. But the cat will eat the fish!

Lots of folks have cats on here, maybe thats the key to a new tank??

Lots of folks have cats on here, maybe thats the key to a new tank??

curiositygotthecat_zpsqk3rircu.gif

I usually have the mesh top off when I am home. And even when I am not home, the mesh top wont stop the cat from peeing in the tank or splitting in it or walking on it and drop all her fur in it...

I have three cats and none have ever tried to go fishing (knock on wood). One of them will only drink out of the freshwater tank and refuses to drink out of anything else (tried the fancy filtered water bowls, no luck). The others will stick their paws in the top and flick water at me, but no actual fishing.

I have partial acrylic lids on all of them now because 2 of the 3 have fallen in the tanks multiple times after falling asleep on the light :rolleyes: lost two keyboards and the USB ports on the top of my old computer tower due to wet cats :lol:

curiositygotthecat_zpsqk3rircu.gif

I usually have the mesh top off when I am home. And even when I am not home, the mesh top wont stop the cat from peeing in the tank or splitting in it or walking on it and drop all her fur in it...

Cats are a PITA. I don't blame you :lol:.
skyscraper2290

Your tank is so looking awesome! The zoas all look great, where did you get the majority of them? I really need to get a custom WB set on my camera so I can do my tank justice with some better corals but I keep having issues when I do it and haven't tried again in a while

Your tank is so looking awesome! The zoas all look great, where did you get the majority of them? I really need to get a custom WB set on my camera so I can do my tank justice with some better corals but I keep having issues when I do it and haven't tried again in a while

Thanks! Most are local stores. I used to get alot from online places, but hard to trust online pics now.

skyscraper2290

Most definitely is, especially with salt critters I feel with them shooting under such heavy blue lights. The ones I got from unique corals online seem to be pretty damn identical so far to the pics online. Still have to wait to see the other ones open up more to really be able to tell.

Most definitely is, especially with salt critters I feel with them shooting under such heavy blue lights. The ones I got from unique corals online seem to be pretty damn identical so far to the pics online. Still have to wait to see the other ones open up more to really be able to tell.

I haven't ordered from uniquecorals yet. I try to stay with vendors that are close by with reduced shipping. I hate paying $50 for shipping for a $100 order. MyReefToYours.com has free shipping at $135 so I bought from them a few times. Being in Chicago, there are actually LOTS of LFS around plus lots of reefers that sell out of their house / basement.

skyscraper2290

Unique coral has overnight shipping for 19.99 which I thought was pretty nice. I live in Wyoming with no LFS so online ordering is my primary source.

I just took a look at myreefstoyours and they seem to have a good selection of corals with pretty good pricing, definitely gonna try a big order from there next paycheck

Unique coral has overnight shipping for 19.99 which I thought was pretty nice. I live in Wyoming with no LFS so online ordering is my primary source.

I just took a look at myreefstoyours and they seem to have a good selection of corals with pretty good pricing, definitely gonna try a big order from there next paycheck

oh, didn't know shipping is only $20. will have to check it out next time.

skyscraper2290

Ya definitely should, had a pretty good selection too. How close are the pics on myreefstoyours compared to what you end up receiving

Ya definitely should, had a pretty good selection too. How close are the pics on myreefstoyours compared to what you end up receiving

They are pretty close to the pictures except do not get the Sensation Zoas. They are ugly and colorless and spread like weeds. I had to scrape them off my rock. He hasn't updated in a few weeks so he may do an update soon. Like their Facebook page and wait for the next update. He usually carries even more colorful zoas and SPS.

Tank News:

• Zoa eating nudibranches are back in full force. Dipped ONE frag in RODI and 20 of them came off. That probably means there are 200 of them in my tank. ARGH. Sixline so useless.
  • Lost two acans to something. Dont think it's the emerald crab anymore since I never see him around the acans. Hmm.....
  • Put a foam guard on the MP10 so my maxi mini stop suiciding
  • Tank is almost 1 years old =)

FTS

https://flic.kr/p/omYpQg'>14677185259_a662bbefda.jpg

Sixline (picture makes him look bigger than he is...)

https://flic.kr/p/oBr9Pd'>14840833706_338bc82b36.jpg

Clown wants to host frogspawn next??

https://flic.kr/p/oBr9Fh'>14840833246_9388f7b23d.jpg

Alveopora. Cute.

https://flic.kr/p/omY5Db'>14677120700_374b0a484f.jpg

Got some white/silver xenia. They look awesome. They dont pulse much though.

https://flic.kr/p/oFdLYr'>14883684873_28af6baa13.jpg

A small ORA birdnest that's not browning out! Woohoo.

https://flic.kr/p/omYSGk'>14677275627_cf106e2fa3.jpg

Golden chalice

https://flic.kr/p/omYQVK'>14677269677_51b2eb3964.jpg

GSP

https://flic.kr/p/oFdL5c'>14883681843_bdb1ea5c9f.jpg

Spiderguardnano

I'm dealing with brown flat worms all over my glass and everything my sixline is completely useless I'm thinking of getting that springers damsel you recommended

Whats your plan of attack for the nudis?

Archived