inTank Media Baskets

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

Looks incredible. I need to find my phone so I can zoom in on that FTS omgomgomg.

I just have to clean out some frags off the sandbed and i am DONE with buying corals for this tank. This addiction has to stop...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just have to clean out some frags off the sandbed and i am DONE with buying corals for this tank. This addiction has to stop...

Easier said than done :).

Good luck with that man. Every time I say that to myself, I cannot go more than a day or two before I change my mind and find at least a couple more spots I can add something.

ninjamyst...You have a beautiful tank and amazing photography skill. Hoping to get some nice shots of my own tank later on. I love the scape and placement of your corals and selection. I might borrow some of your ideas :)

ninjamyst...You have a beautiful tank and amazing photography skill. Hoping to get some nice shots of my own tank later on. I love the scape and placement of your corals and selection. I might borrow some of your ideas :)

thanks! will check out your build thread!

thanks! will check out your build thread!

thanks...I'm having some trouble choosing soft/LPS corals that fits my tank scape, do you have any suggestions for soft corals for high water flow area? Here is a shot of my tank to give you an idea. I recently replaced both Koralia powerheads with one Jebao WP-10 wavemaker and it is mounted on the right corner.

post-83775-0-55429600-1404087706_thumb.jpg

thanks...I'm having some trouble choosing soft/LPS corals that fits my tank scape, do you have any suggestions for soft corals for high water flow area? Here is a shot of my tank to give you an idea. I recently replaced both Koralia powerheads with one Jebao WP-10 wavemaker and it is mounted on the right corner.

SPS =). Maybe gorgonians? How high is high? I killed a torch before by blasting it with too much flow...so if it's really high, then torch will not be good. You can also try zoas / palys since they are hardy and can take all sort of flow. Acans, favias, and even plates can take more flow than torch / hammer / frogspawns.

SPS =). Maybe gorgonians? How high is high? I killed a torch before by blasting it with too much flow...so if it's really high, then torch will not be good. You can also try zoas / palys since they are hardy and can take all sort of flow. Acans, favias, and even plates can take more flow than torch / hammer / frogspawns.

Too high for most soft corals I'd say, 4-5" in front of the wp10, I want something to covered the top of the rock (right side) but low profile since I only have about 4" clearance. I can't move the wp10 any other way since my tank is very narrow about 8" wide, I understand torch/frogspawn/hammer required low flow so they'll be on the far left end of the tank. How do your rics handle high flow?

Too high for most soft corals I'd say, 4-5" in front of the wp10, I want something to covered the top of the rock (right side) but low profile since I only have about 4" clearance. I can't move the wp10 any other way since my tank is very narrow about 8" wide, I understand torch/frogspawn/hammer required low flow so they'll be on the far left end of the tank. How do your rics handle high flow?

rics not good in high flow. i think zoas are your best bet. get some really fast spreading colorful zoa like bam bams or radioactive dragons. they will look great.

rics not good in high flow. i think zoas are your best bet. get some really fast spreading colorful zoa like bam bams or radioactive dragons. they will look great.

Thanks, i will look into those, I already got some zoa, not sure what they are call but i'll look for some other color combo.

so my clown fish decided to host a new "fathead" torch I got from a local reefer. Unlike the other torches I had, this one has really fat tentacles with fat tips. It's pretty awesome =).

also, i counted 40 different types of zoas in my tank now. the zoa branch is pretty much filled.

no more corals for this tank!

3rd Picture what zoas are those

they look insane

no idea! maybe gold mauls? i got them at a LFS that doesn't really put names. it was on their $10 frag rack.

In.fu*king.sane bro !! Those Zoa's are looking crazy good !!!

thanks! i just hope they keep their color. some of my zoas lost colors while some got brighter.

FlowerMama

1st pic. um. Yeah!!!!! Did I happen to mention how glad I am you didn't thrown in the towel?!! How did this look this amazing so quickly! Dang Ninja, you got the touch! Now, do you have the patience to watch it fill in!!!! :scarry:

1st pic. um. Yeah!!!!! Did I happen to mention how glad I am you didn't thrown in the towel?!! How did this look this amazing so quickly! Dang Ninja, you got the touch! Now, do you have the patience to watch it fill in!!!! :scarry:

yes, no more corals for this tank! i been fragging zoas off their plugs and onto the rock all week to complete the garden. got a few more frags to get rid of and the sandbed wont be so crowded anymore.

Woah :bowdown:

Those are definitely some named zoas but I couldn't tell you what they are. Well, the first looks like a darth maul. And the last one those are magicians (the two big ones)in the center.

Looks AHHHHMAZING :).

Zoas zoas zoas!! I dont know the names for any of them so if you do, let me know! All were $10-$20 frags.

14600577172_93ed8063ab.jpg

Darth mauls, asst. zoas/palys, gold mauls, radioactive dragon eyes

14601187165_93fe2aec2f.jpg

cat eye morph, possible rainbow, gold mauls, asst. palys

14414777967_50efae45ce.jpg

green palys, possible rainbow paly, eagle eyes

14414583308_076ddb6e75.jpg

dragon eyes, bam bams

14414779827_f43b0b3232.jpg

PE, gold mauls, wobbegong WOW paly

14600579962_d3e01de0b2.jpg

gold mauls/similar, asst. PE, WoW polyps

14414781177_0b633d0c20.jpg

asst. palys, capt. america IM, eagle eyes, lunar eclipse, golden mauls/golden empires

14599232224_9dd2b8cd3e.jpg

Kryptonit IM, miami hurricanes/GB packers, asst. zoas

14597916241_aaa108eec0.jpg

I see dragon eyes, bam bams, happy PE/magicians, eagle eyes, asst. paly, asst. PE

Here are some polyp names (Below pics)! Tank looks incredible too!

FlowerMama

totally TOTM once you let it grow out. I love looking at the old TOTM over the years, there are some that are just so grown in and gorgeous! I see this one there.

Archived