Top Shelf Aquatics

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

The rainbow maxi mini melted overnight. Came home from work and it's just gone. In its spot is just a tiny bit of white stuff, nothing else. I can't believe a 3 inch anemone can melt and leave almost nothing behind....

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man,that sucks... I mean it's in there,just in pieces :( that's some shizz man. Sorry to hear about that !!

Glad you found it. If it did melt, that could have nuked your tank! I'm sure it will come back out and get some light when its ready to.

A week of ups and downs.

UP

- Morgan shipped me two new maxi minis!

- I think my onyx clown is trying to host the toxic hammer =)

- Colors are starting to come back for old zoas. I been dosing Coral-Vite and Coral-Accel and feeding more.

DOWN

- One of the new maxi mini got shredded by MP10

- Firefish hides all the time and getting skinny

- Keep discovering new zoa eating nudibranches in both tanks

- Feeding more = more algae

FlowerMama

Well, you got the good, the bad, and the ugly w/ the carpet in the powerhead. Sorry to hear about that. What colors was it?

Nano sapiens

A week of ups and downs.

UP

- Morgan shipped me two new maxi minis!

- I think my onyx clown is trying to host the toxic hammer =)

- Colors are starting to come back for old zoas. I been dosing Coral-Vite and Coral-Accel and feeding more.

DOWN

- One of the new maxi mini got shredded by MP10

- Firefish hides all the time and getting skinny

- Keep discovering new zoa eating nudibranches in both tanks

- Feeding more = more algae

Sorry to hear the anemone was shredded. I remember something about a guard of some sort to use with these...

The Firefish is likely getting stressed by the Clownfish.

Feeding more + more WC/detritus removal = less algae. The trick is to find the balance point. For my tank, it's when the glass needs the light brown dusting of algae cleaned every 2nd day...instead of every day...and any red cyano is all but gone. Also, I've learned to go easy on the Aminos. I've tried a couple and they all spur algae growth if too much is dosed. One or two drops of Brightwell or AcroPower mixed in with target coral feeding is plenty for my tank, but each tank will differ.

Sorry to hear the anemone was shredded. I remember something about a guard of some sort to use with these...

The Firefish is likely getting stressed by the Clownfish.

Feeding more + more WC/detritus removal = less algae. The trick is to find the balance point. For my tank, it's when the glass needs the light brown dusting of algae cleaned every 2nd day...instead of every day...and any red cyano is all but gone. Also, I've learned to go easy on the Aminos. I've tried a couple and they all spur algae growth if too much is dosed. One or two drops of Brightwell or AcroPower mixed in with target coral feeding is plenty for my tank, but each tank will differ.

Thanks for the tips! I put the clownfish into a breeder box so he stops harassing the firefish. I am able to drop pellets near his little hideout now so he's eating a little. Just did another water change today =). Going to do two small water changes weekly so I can vacuum the sandbed more often. Also started scrubbing any exposed water with toothbrush.

Breeder box worked pretty well. The two clowns stopped fighting but firefish still hides most of the day. Still having a hard time feeding it since the clowns are such aggressive eaters. I may have to take out all the rocks to get the firefish out and into the Spec V instead. Maxi-Minis are crawling all over the place now...only 2 stayed where I put them.

my fav maxi mini

14235314919_d944a24bbc.jpg

Also bought a CADLights 4 gallon for my dad for father's day. Gonna go set it up today =). It will be a super easy tank. Keeping all the stock equipments and will be softies / LPS only. Hope he likes it.

Breeder box worked pretty well. The two clowns stopped fighting but firefish still hides most of the day. Still having a hard time feeding it since the clowns are such aggressive eaters. I may have to take out all the rocks to get the firefish out and into the Spec V instead. Maxi-Minis are crawling all over the place now...only 2 stayed where I put them.

my fav maxi mini

Also bought a CADLights 4 gallon for my dad for father's day. Gonna go set it up today =). It will be a super easy tank. Keeping all the stock equipments and will be softies / LPS only. Hope he likes it.

Woah, awesome photo and awesome gift!

Too bad that one Mohawk isn't open, it would have been perfect :). Love the colors in that photo!!!!!

Yeah, My friend has a couple and they've moved around a great deal until they found the spot they liked. One you can see but the other found a spot behind the rocks and it's hard to feed him where he situated himself.

hope everyone had a great father's day! was planning to hit up some LFS for father's day sale, then took a look at my tanks and realized i have too many frags already =P. Did a water change today and swapped out CPE for some Seachem Matrix Carbon and Phosguard. Will see how that goes.

My little ric garden on the sandbed is coming along nicely. Some rics are still bleached from shipment but most have recovered into beautiful colors.

https://flic.kr/p/nZ8y9u'>14430006324_7f59546483.jpg

Hammer looks soooo awesome under Nanobox Duo. Swear no edits been done on the color besides custom white balance.

https://flic.kr/p/nGJJ8V'>14244488419_b818904e97.jpg

Maxi Mini handheld topdown macro shots.

https://flic.kr/p/nXbQCu'>14408014116_12b0aa4206.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/nXbRKj'>14408017876_ee35c76e1b.jpg

You could use this single picture to convince ANY ONE to keep maxi minis. Just amazing.

my fav maxi mini

Looking great Ninja. So how did you Dad like the new tank?

He likes it but i am scared what he will do with it. He's an old school reefer. He had a 55 gallons and a 125 gallons reef tank like 15 years ago. He doesn't know too much about nanos. When I told him I had algae in my 5.5 gallon Spec V, he told me to get a yellow tang...and he wasn't kidding...

Archived