inTank Media Baskets

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

I agree,his photography skills are on point. I'm still waiting for more pictures :)

DT's thread did die so fast it was crazy. You ( illuiix ) and him would blow my feed up worse than NanoFreak does...

What?!? Me?? My tank wasn't that great but thanks, I do tend to comment/post a lot which probably blew up your newfeed but Dt's thread was going strong for long time until recently when I got back on more often...weird.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reefkid88

What?!? Me?? My tank wasn't that great but thanks, I do tend to comment/post a lot which probably blew up your newfeed but Dt's thread was going strong for long time until recently when I got back on more often...weird.

It was so abrupt it almost made me wondering if everything was okay. I don't think he's updated or posted in quite some time. Besides his cube tank and even that was short lived.

Sorry ninja his hijacking is done with lol. More pichassssss,pwease ?!? Did you ever figure out what you were going to have your father do while you were away from the tank ?

ninjamyst

Your photos are starting to show a resemblance to daletu's photos. :)

That reminds me, whatever happened to him and his thread?? Just went silent...

Thanks! That's a huge compliment cuz daletu's pics were jaw dropping amazing. I still have a ways to go to replicate his color and sharpness. I hope his tank is doing well, and he's just been too busy to post.

Sorry ninja his hijacking is done with lol. More pichassssss,pwease ?!? Did you ever figure out what you were going to have your father do while you were away from the tank ?

Here are more pics just for you. Not sure yet about the trip. If things are going good, I may just let it go without a water change for 2 weeks. I am afraid he will forget to wash his hands or something and kill everything =P.

Torch gets bigger everyday!

14084790636_ef9205ab51_z.jpg

Helmet Fungia is my next fav coral right now. Can't wait to get an orange one.

14104683181_197e95401a_z.jpg

Rock anemone moved from the rock to the sandbed. He's been in the same spot previously for months. I hope this is not a bad sign. I thought they dont do well on sandbed? He glued himself to the glass underneath and I can't even move him. If he likes it here, I wouldn't mind it. He looks kind of cool like this.

14108314444_81bb64ab72_z.jpg

Reefkid88

I honestly think you're on point with his/and others photography skills. There's never a blurred or out of focus point in your pictures. Forever crystal clear and amazing pics. You will always critique your own things while other people think they're amazing. Honestly,when you have doubt or a feeling something could go wrong,don't bother with it. Idk if this tank could withstand another screwed up think happening to it.

Is the helmet the same as plates or just in the same family ? They look identical besides being puffed up all the time. And that RFA is ridiculous !! I hope to have 1-2 in my tank ;)

FlowerMama

They like it on the sand just as much as the rock. I think when they collect in the ocean they can get them more easily because they are in the sand. Yours is doing just fine. That's how I plan on my rock flowers in my nem breeding tank, except I'll have a piece of tile beneath each one so if I want to move it I can lean the tile up vertically and it can move down or maybe a rubber spatula to slowly ease it off. I like the concentric designs.

ninjamyst

They like it on the sand just as much as the rock. I think when they collect in the ocean they can get them more easily because they are in the sand. Yours is doing just fine. That's how I plan on my rock flowers in my nem breeding tank, except I'll have a piece of tile beneath each one so if I want to move it I can lean the tile up vertically and it can move down or maybe a rubber spatula to slowly ease it off. I like the concentric designs.

I wish I known this before! I would have gotten more rock anemones on the sandbed. I have to figure out how to reduce flow in that area though. Sandbed full of nems may be cooler than sandbed full of rics...

skyscraper2290

I wish I known this before! I would have gotten more rock anemones on the sandbed. I have to figure out how to reduce flow in that area though. Sandbed full of nems may be cooler than sandbed full of rics...

My nem also moved to the sand so this is good to know for me as well

FlowerMama

At 6" when they're maxed, you won't need many on your sand bed after a while- that one is going to look so glorious!.

Ok....I think next time I go to the LFS I will pick up a flower nem for my big tank and plop it on the sand. That looks so cool sitting on the sand!!!!!

The torch is gorgeous!!!!

ninjamyst

I honestly think you're on point with his/and others photography skills. There's never a blurred or out of focus point in your pictures. Forever crystal clear and amazing pics. You will always critique your own things while other people think they're amazing. Honestly,when you have doubt or a feeling something could go wrong,don't bother with it. Idk if this tank could withstand another screwed up think happening to it.

Is the helmet the same as plates or just in the same family ? They look identical besides being puffed up all the time. And that RFA is ridiculous !! I hope to have 1-2 in my tank ;)

Thanks! I am not sure if helmet is same as regular plates. The helmet looks alot smaller and more of a dome shape. Regular plates look flatter and bigger. Mine is only 1" or so. Here's a side profile of mine. Are regular plates this high?

https://flic.kr/p/npjcAr'>14047322553_77d76842a4_z.jpg

FlowerMama

Such a great picture. Mine puffs up like this also, I don't know if it's normal or not but I know when it's happy it seems to get taller, after it has eaten.

Thanks! I am not sure if helmet is same as regular plates. The helmet looks alot smaller and more of a dome shape. Regular plates look flatter and bigger. Mine is only 1" or so. Here's a side profile of mine. Are regular plates this high?

14047322553_77d76842a4_z.jpg

Mine never looks like that. It looks cool!!!!
Reefkid88

Oh okay,That's interesting. You're pictures looks crazy man. The colors are so unreal,almost like they're fake or something ( not a shot at your skills ) that's a complete compliment man !!!

ninjamyst

Such a great picture. Mine puffs up like this also, I don't know if it's normal or not but I know when it's happy it seems to get taller, after it has eaten.

Mine never looks like that. It looks cool!!!!

Mine looks like that ALL the time, even at night when deflated a little. I really think "helmet" plates are different than regular plates.

This is so amazing man your colors are beautiful

Oh okay,That's interesting. You're pictures looks crazy man. The colors are so unreal,almost like they're fake or something ( not a shot at your skills ) that's a complete compliment man !!!

Such awesome photography man! when are we gonna see a new FTS?

Thanks! The colors are true to what I see =). I actually have to turn down the saturation to make things not be super blue. This is especially true for Top Down photos because NanoBox LEDs are crazy good! New FTS this weekend!

Mine looks like that ALL the time, even at night when deflated a little. I really think "helmet" plates are different than regular plates.

New FTS this weekend!

It must be a different variety then. Woohoo...FTS :D.
ninjamyst

uh oh...some corals are closed up again. I think I found the culprit. It was a bad batch of salt. When I came back from vacation, I opened a new bag of salt but I ran out this weekend and used some left overs from before. Gonna run to LFS now to get new bag of salt.

Reefkid88

Oh sh*t man.. No bueno !!! I wish there was a way to tell if salt was bad besides mixing it up and everything being pissed off !!! I finally just got my tank wet tonight,thank godddddd lol

uh oh...some corals are closed up again. I think I found the culprit. It was a bad batch of salt. When I came back from vacation, I opened a new bag of salt but I ran out this weekend and used some left overs from before. Gonna run to LFS now to get new bag of salt.

Oh wow....what brand is it?
ninjamyst

Hope it doesn't get worse... good luck man.

Oh sh*t man.. No bueno !!! I wish there was a way to tell if salt was bad besides mixing it up and everything being pissed off !!! I finally just got my tank wet tonight,thank godddddd lol

I think I caught it early this time. The cyphastrea was completely inverted and that's what I saw last time before things went downhill. The frogspawn was also recessed instead of being fluffy. Just finished water change. Will see tomorrow.

Oh wow....what brand is it?

I use Reef Crystals. But I have read same thing can happen with any brand of salt. Most likely, it had super elevated alk. I gonna mix a gallon of the bad salt tomorrow and test it.

I use Reef Crystals. But I have read same thing can happen with any brand of salt. Most likely, it had super elevated alk. I gonna mix a gallon of the bad salt tomorrow and test it.

I noticed with my Red Sea Coral Pro that if I use the salt at the bottom of the bucket, newly mixed salt water will be a little cloudy. But when I first open the bucket and use from the top, it mixes perfectly clear. I really need to mix the bucket up I guess before using it.

Archived