Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

Why are you wanting to sell the MP10? I am having issues with mine in my picO, but I am curious what your reasons are...

I really do not have any SPS yet, but I was thinking of adding some here soon. Why are you getting rid of all of yours?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you wanting to sell the MP10? I am having issues with mine in my picO, but I am curious what your reasons are...

I really do not have any SPS yet, but I was thinking of adding some here soon. Why are you getting rid of all of yours?

i have had bad luck with SPS. they brown out or STN on me. I love the mp10 but I got it mainly for SPS because they require more flow. If I dont keep SPS, I can get away with not havin that extra pump.

i have had bad luck with SPS. they brown out or STN on me. I love the mp10 but I got it mainly for SPS because they require more flow. If I dont keep SPS, I can get away with not havin that extra pump.

I am thinking of trying out some hardy SPS (like a birdsnest) for a few months and see how it goes... Anyway, I have my MP10 turned way down (on like the 3rd lowest setting) and I have a real hard time finding any "Low Flow" areas in my tank for my LPS.

It is actually quite aggravating, because if I turn down the MP10 any lower then detritus starts to settle but all of my coral is getting blow around like crazy. I am not sure if it is my rock layout or what...

Keep the pump, you could always use it to mix your saltwater or something and you never know if you may want to use it in the future.

Came home and evaluate the loss and it was worse than I thought last night. The only thing that survived are the zoas (all closed up but not melting) and acans. SPS are all gone, rics are melting, frogspawns and hammers are loosing tissue. Did a 5 gallon water change. and ran another set of water tests, and everything looks spot on. I really wish I can find out what caused this crash. At least fish and shrimp are still doing well. Loosing "nemo" will be devastating...

Came home and evaluate the loss and it was worse than I thought last night. The only thing that survived are the zoas (all closed up but not melting) and acans. SPS are all gone, rics are melting, frogspawns and hammers are loosing tissue. Did a 5 gallon water change. and ran another set of water tests, and everything looks spot on. I really wish I can find out what caused this crash. At least fish and shrimp are still doing well. Loosing "nemo" will be devastating...

I would have no hair left on my head from frustration :lol:. I'm glad you aren't giving up though :). I still think it had to do with those palys. Especially since you have another tank in the house that is completely unaffected.

I would have no hair left on my head from frustration :lol:. I'm glad you aren't giving up though :). I still think it had to do with those palys. Especially since you have another tank in the house that is completely unaffected.

Spoke too soon. Came home today and Fluval Spec crashed. All the rics, acans melted away along with a torch and a bunch of zoas. Woah. Gonna take everything out tomorrow and scrub the tank. Over $1,000 combined gone now in both tanks....

The only thing still doing well are the clove polyps. Those things are like weeds. Started with 5 polyp and close to 15 now. Maybe I should just have a clove polyp only tank...haha.

Spoke too soon. Came home today and Fluval Spec crashed. All the rics, acans melted away along with a torch and a bunch of zoas. Woah. Gonna take everything out tomorrow and scrub the tank. Over $1,000 combined gone now in both tanks....

Sorry to hear about the crash. Have you checked your RODI? Or bad salt mix?

The only thing still doing well are the clove polyps. Those things are like weeds. Started with 5 polyp and close to 15 now. Maybe I should just have a clove polyp only tank...haha.

It'll be more unique than a xenia only tank.

Woah. I feel ya.. Ive had several tank crashes over the years. Lost a lot of beloved animals but ive had some green zoas and two hermits that have survived every thing. The polyps are 6 years old and survived at least 3-4 crashes. Can't remember..

Damn dude... I want to know what is causing the crash. The 2 tanks both have vidarock in common... I sure hope that is not the cause (leaching stuff, etc.)

Damn dude... I want to know what is causing the crash. The 2 tanks both have vidarock in common... I sure hope that is not the cause (leaching stuff, etc.)

I doubt it's vidarock since it took 6+ months for first tank to crash and only 3 months for second tank to crash. They both crashed at relatively the same time so my only guess is some kind of chemical / concrete falling into the tank or bad salt mix or bad water.

Yeah I forgot one tank was much older. That makes me feel better. Anyway, good luck with everything. I will be keeping up with both threads.

Holy moly :(. Sorry :(. A clove tank would be pretty cool. You could do macro algae and cloves until things settle down.

Omg...i dunno what to say. :/ but seriously..what could be the problem. If all the water chemistry is good would there be a chance of to much light? After running purigen and chemi pure together? Is the chemi pure the one with gfo to remove phosphate? This is surely and head scratcher.

Any chemicals or sprays or scented candles or anything? RO/DIs been checked? refractometer re-calibrated? Just trying to figure it out.

Darn it.

After back to back 50% water changes in the 12 gallon, things are looking better. 2 more frogspawns died but the 3 headed one that I had from the beginning has rebounded. More zoas are opening but the colors are dull compared to before. I will let things be for a few days and do another 20% water change. Nothing else seems to be melting anymore so that's a good sign.

My spec has only zoas and clove polyps left. Will almost let that be for a few days and do another 20% water change.

As for the cause, I am still clueless. Checked my heater and it's not touching anything. It's possible that I had lotion on my arm when I changed water a few weeks ago. I use Reef Suds to wash my hands, but I may have missed my forearms.

A few things that I noticed at first with my smaller set ups. The flow, do you have a nice balance across the entire tank? No dead spots. I had some of my params spike after a water change because I shifted junk that had been settling for some time.

Maybe turkey blast the tank every other night to move junk around.

Just thinking out loud!

-Dave

Nano sapiens

Really sorry to hear that both tanks crashed.

Typical hand/body lotion could effect a tank, but to cause a mass die-off would require a fair amount. Sunscreens are much more toxic, but I assume you didn't have any on your skin.

My first thought is were any aerosol cleaning products used in the house?

Whatever it was that crashed the tanks is gone. Everything is rebounding now. Remember when I got some bams bams from Lawnman and they melted? Well, I never threw away the frag plug cuz I was lazy. I noticed there are now 3 polyps there that wasn't there before. Kinda ironic that the crash caused the bams bams to grow back.

A local forum is doing a group by for ricordeas. Placed an order for 25 rics in yellow, orange, pink, purple, green, etc for $115. Not too bad =).

Archived