Top Shelf Aquatics

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

FlowerMama

I've noticed the same salt mix up more cloudy than the Reef Crystals I used. But maybe like you said, maybe has to be mixed. I have less in my big bucket now, I'll just have to get my hands in there and mix it up.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79

Nice pics! Your tank is pretty sweat. Like the golden torch. I have one to, and it's one of my faves.

Since you have a Spec, do you think torches are to big for a tank that size. I know I'll be getting a hammer but not sure about those. Oh frogspawn too. Whatcha think?

I'll answer, lol. You'd be fine, it's all about coral placement, IMO .

I didn't ask youuuuu. Jk lol. Ok cool, I'm thinking about removing one of my rocks and doing a little Euphyllia garden. I'm still confused on how big things get lol

Nanofreak79

I know, it's my thread to crap in right? Buy small frags that fit your tank. You either frag em up to keep um in, or get rid of them and buy new stuff. They can get big, real big. It all depends on the tank and how long you've had it. I've personally seen almost soccer ball sized frogspawn colony.

I know, it's my thread to crap in right? Buy small frags that fit your tank. You either frag em up to keep um in, or get rid of them and buy new stuff. They can get big, real big. It all depends on the tank and how long you've had it. I've personally seen almost soccer ball sized frogspawn colony.

Thanks for the unsolicited advice ;) I've seen pics of those multicolored balls of frog, pretty awesome. I just need to get going on corals soon so I can learn what's up. Thank you dude

DaveFason

Unique Corals has some incredible gold/orange/yellow euphilas. Check them out.

New photos are... EPIC!

Reefkid88

I noticed with my Red Sea Coral Pro that if I use the salt at the bottom of the bucket, newly mixed salt water will be a little cloudy. But when I first open the bucket and use from the top, it mixes perfectly clear. I really need to mix the bucket up I guess before using it.

I have noticed the same thing with RSCP. Whnever I get towards the bottom of the bucket I just get a new bucket. I mixed up a bunch of water last night to start my tank and it mixed up amazingly clear.

I've also heard a lot of people having problems with RC salt though. Hopefully it's just the salt for you though ninja.

Nanofreak79

Maybe lower flow. Somewhere not getting directly blasted, constantly. Has it always been so damn puffy?

Reefkid88

Maybe try turning the light down a smidge ? And like freak said,move it or turn down the flow some.

Unique Corals has some incredible gold/orange/yellow euphilas. Check them out.

New photos are... EPIC!

You must have bought them huh Dave, didn't see them lol

My helmet plate not looking so good tonight...Half of it looks melting and the color is dull. ARGH. Everything else looks fine.

14134309475_3f62afcb05_z.jpg

It looks like a burn. :(

Did you end up getting new salt and doing a water change?

Nanofreak79

Could be....what about nearby torch. It's hard to tell from the pic but hammers, torches etc, can all have very long sweepers.

ninjamyst

It looks like a burn. :(

Did you end up getting new salt and doing a water change?

i did and everything else looks fine.

Could be....what about nearby torch. It's hard to tell from the pic but hammers, torches etc, can all have very long sweepers.

you are probably right. the plate is near a torch and a frogspawn. i moved it further away so i hope it makes a comeback.

i did and everything else looks fine.

you are probably right. the plate is near a torch and a frogspawn. i moved it further away so i hope it makes a comeback.

Sounds like it's the torch, which is actually a relief if that's what it is. It should recover just fine :).
RollaJase

They typically prefer lower flow areas, however mine dont seem to mind high flow. The side that is melting wouldn't happen to be facing the torch would it? If so I would say it is probably getting stung after lights out by the sweeper tentacles. This happened to one of mine, usually they move away by themselves but mine wouldn't budge as it really liked the spot it picked.

ninjamyst

I love all those ricordeas!

thanks! although i been thinking about converting the ric tree to a maxi-mini tree...hmm....hmmm....hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....maxi-mini anemones like high light right???

Archived