Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

FlowerMama

I know they move around a lot so careful if you don't want them to sting anything. And they're super duper quick to close up around something like a fish.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ninjamyst

I know they move around a lot so careful if you don't want them to sting anything. And they're super duper quick to close up around something like a fish.

Will they get completely dislodge themselves and float around the tank? I am worried because the MP10 is right next to the ric tree, and I wouldn't want them to get cut up in the MP10. I wouldn't mind them moving all around the rock as long as they stay on that rock.

Oh man that plate was incredible looking! Really hope it turns out okay.

Not sure if I've asked this before - whats your camera setup?

Nice new pictures and livestock! I just went away myself, so my tank hasn't had a water change in 2 weeks :( I've going to do a big one this weekend (50%). Great to see this thing still going, ninja.

ninjamyst

Nice new pictures and livestock! I just went away myself, so my tank hasn't had a water change in 2 weeks :( I've going to do a big one this weekend (50%). Great to see this thing still going, ninja.

everything ok while you were gone? make sure to post pics after the water change! want to see how ur corals are doing.

Oh man that plate was incredible looking! Really hope it turns out okay.

Not sure if I've asked this before - whats your camera setup?

Nikon D7000 with custom white balance. For straight shots, I shoot with tripod with Tamron 60mm. For top downs, I shoot with Nikon 24-120mm w/ VR.

everything ok while you were gone? make sure to post pics after the water change! want to see how ur corals are doing.

Nikon D7000 with custom white balance. For straight shots, I shoot with tripod with Tamron 60mm. For top downs, I shoot with Nikon 24-120mm w/ VR.

Things were ok while I was gone - my wife says I didn't tell her what to top off the tank with, so she didn't do it (even though I put the water jug right next to the stand and she has seen me do it a number of times, and I DID tell her what water to use, lol). The xenia are happy, the yuma is growing (almost the size of a nickel and is now pink, green and orange), the zoas are doing pretty well - to be honest everything looks great, except those same darn zoas that refuse to open.

I want a plate now. Don't think I have room...unless I put it in the back part of the tank, beneath the arch..

Things were ok while I was gone - my wife says I didn't tell her what to top off the tank with, so she didn't do it (even though I put the water jug right next to the stand and she has seen me do it a number of times, and I DID tell her what water to use, lol). The xenia are happy, the yuma is growing (almost the size of a nickel and is now pink, green and orange), the zoas are doing pretty well - to be honest everything looks great, except those same darn zoas that refuse to open.

What is it with tank sitters? I had my mother-in-law take care of my tank about 13 years ago when we went away for a week. I showed her the water to use to top off the tank, made a big point of telling her how important it was. Came home and the water had evaporated about 4"!!!!! She never topped of. I was really pissed at the time LOL. It was the only thing I asked her to do with the tank. I didn't even have her feed the tank!

Will they get completely dislodge themselves and float around the tank? I am worried because the MP10 is right next to the ric tree, and I wouldn't want them to get cut up in the MP10. I wouldn't mind them moving all around the rock as long as they stay on that rock.

When I had maxis, I never saw them dislodge and float around the tank. They pretty much just crawl around. They will climb the glass. Never had an issue with them and powerheads though.
ninjamyst

What is it with tank sitters? I had my mother-in-law take care of my tank about 13 years ago when we went away for a week. I showed her the water to use to top off the tank, made a big point of telling her how important it was. Came home and the water had evaporated about 4"!!!!! She never topped of. I was really pissed at the time LOL. It was the only thing I asked her to do with the tank. I didn't even have her feed the tank!

When I had maxis, I never saw them dislodge and float around the tank. They pretty much just crawl around. They will climb the glass. Never had an issue with them and powerheads though.

Now you making me nervous about having my dad watch my tank for 2 weeks. He's not the most responsible person, and I can totally see him dipping his hand into the tank after cooking dinner or something. He likes to "mess" with stuff. But he also had a 75 gallon reef tank before, but 75 gallons is much more forgiving.

I am leaning more and more toward some maxi-mini! The only reason to replace my ric tree with them is because I dont want to melt my rics again with too much light. But I read maxi-mini can take the high light.

soooo i found more zoa eatin nudibranch....no wonder why some of new zoas are all closed up. ARGH.

Going to Turks and Caicos this Thursday for a long weekend. Can't wait to do some snorkeling!

Man,if it's not one thing it's another huh man ? Sheesh. Well,I evny you on your excursions man,it'll be a blast.

Make sure to take plenty of pictures to make us all jealous lol.

Going to Turks and Caicos this Thursday for a long weekend. Can't wait to do some snorkeling!

:o

Sooo jealous :).

it's where my wife and I got engaged and then had our destination wedding. this will be our 5 years anniversary. voted best beach and best island in the world a few times on tripadvisor. this year, it was #2 I think.

• 2 weeks later...
FlowerMama

Ok, I'm hooked. I want every lunch/dinner plate you just showed and the sereneness and unspoiled beauty of the ocean. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! gorgs all over, wow!!!

So, after seeing that what do you see for your tank?

Ok, I'm hooked. I want every lunch/dinner plate you just showed and the sereneness and unspoiled beauty of the ocean. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! gorgs all over, wow!!!

So, after seeing that what do you see for your tank?

The fish is soooo good down there. Snapper, grouper, mahi mahi....yum!

I will definitely look into getting some gorgs. Saw lots of BIG purple ones. I wonder why people don't get sea fans...they are so pretty moving back and forth in the water.

FlowerMama

The fish is soooo good down there. Snapper, grouper, mahi mahi....yum!

I will definitely look into getting some gorgs. Saw lots of BIG purple ones. I wonder why people don't get sea fans...they are so pretty moving back and forth in the water.

Maybe cuz you need it to grow big to look its prettiest and flowy? I don't know - it's a guess.

omgomgomg

I wanna go!!!! Those photos :wub:

This one is my absolute favorite!!!!

https://flic.kr/p/nq11yk

Alright Gena, we need to change our plans. From girls Caribbean cruise to Crazy Caicos! Who's on board?

omgomgomg

I wanna go!!!! Those photos :wub:

This one is my absolute favorite!!!!

https://flic.kr/p/nq11yk

That's Taylor Bay. It's a secluded beach where the water goes up to your knees for miles on out. I kept walking and got tired and the water was barely up to my waist. And that was during high tide. We rented a villa on this beach for our wedding, and during low tide we would go out to check out what washed ashore. Really cool stuff.

Does that area have a species of rock flower anemone?

Didn't see any rock flower anemone but did see an anemone of some sort. Here's a pic of it:

https://flic.kr/p/nq2JrB'>14055425917_16085f7ee8.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/nq2JrB'>DSCN0016 by https://www.flickr.com/people/40199713@N03/'>jackyhchau, on Flickr

Archived