Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one fully stocked tank. Growth looks great and the aquarium seems much larger than it is. What type of camera do you take your photos with? The pics you posted look very crisp.

Nice ric garden!

Everything looks phenomenal! Great job friend.

Thanks! I am loving this hobby even though my wife thinks I am crazy for paying $40 for a few polyps of zoanthids.

This is one fully stocked tank. Growth looks great and the aquarium seems much larger than it is. What type of camera do you take your photos with? The pics you posted look very crisp.

Thanks! I use a Nikon D7000 with Tamron 60mm macro lens.

Congrat on 1yr mark! beautiful and inspirational tank for all nano reefers. Has this tank been TOTM yet? if not, it should be :)

Congrat on 1yr mark! beautiful and inspirational tank for all nano reefers. Has this tank been TOTM yet? if not, it should be :)

awww thanks! Dont think it's TOTM material yet. Need more growth =). But I was looking at the FTS from May, and I definitely see growth in the GSP and even in the birdnest in the middle.

May

https://flic.kr/p/nLSBWk'>14291294443_2ba9db32e9_z.jpg

August

https://flic.kr/p/oBfhiC'>14838712670_c057bdf00b_z.jpg

awww thanks! Dont think it's TOTM material yet. Need more growth =). But I was looking at the FTS from May, and I definitely see growth in the GSP and even in the birdnest in the middle.

May

14291294443_2ba9db32e9_z.jpg

August

14838712670_c057bdf00b_z.jpg

That's a TON of growth. This tank is ready now ;).

May

14291294443_2ba9db32e9_z.jpg

August

14838712670_c057bdf00b_z.jpg

what grow? you jammed pack them good...hehe...that's a lot of growing, you def have more corals than any tank I have seen in a year mark. Mine looks very empty going on 9 months, but then I don't have the money to drop on corals that quick, but I got a new batch coming Tuesday to start filling up. One thing that irritates me is that I can't make up my mind on where I want to place the corals...lol. Do you use dose or feed or your corals? what salt mix do you use?

what grow? you jammed pack them good...hehe...that's a lot of growing, you def have more corals than any tank I have seen in a year mark. Mine looks very empty going on 9 months, but then I don't have the money to drop on corals that quick, but I got a new batch coming Tuesday to start filling up. One thing that irritates me is that I can't make up my mind on where I want to place the corals...lol. Do you use dose or feed or your corals? what salt mix do you use?

Coral placement is the hardest especially for us nano folks where space is a commodity. I am not a high roller when it comes to corals. most of the frags i get are $10 - $20. They do add up, but it's easier for me to justify than a $75 polyp. After reading a lot of the recent TOTM, i notice they all have one thing in common: they feed a lot. BUT I tried that before and did it too fast / too much and caused an algae / phosphate outbreak. Now, the tank has stabilized more and I have a good schedule down. I dose Coral-Vite on Tuesday and Coral-Accel on Friday. Every 2-3 days, I feed nutramar ova to fish and LPS. Other days I just feed small amount of pellets for fish. I do 30% water change weekly, and stir the sand and blow detritus daily.

Very nice!! Tank has certainly come a long way in a year, and even just since May there is considerable growth and coral packing goin on. Keep up the good work :)

I see no reason why you can't be TOTM. It looks complete. Your colors are amazing, growth is excellent, you've been through hell n' back, wanted to quit, but i'm sure glad you didn't.

Mine will be 1 yr on 10/31 and looks so much more empty.

I see no reason why you can't be TOTM. It looks complete. Your colors are amazing, growth is excellent, you've been through hell n' back, wanted to quit, but i'm sure glad you didn't.

Mine will be 1 yr on 10/31 and looks so much more empty.

Yours is much bigger tank =P.

What I like most is the arrangement of your rock work. The corals are really growing well throughout. Your system has a lot of visual appeal and everything looks vibrant and healthy. You certainly would have my vote.

Just wondering if you have ever vacuumed your sandbed? I made a mistake of using super fine sand and im having trouble doing that without sucking them all out, I tried pinching the tube and keep it minimal but still some of got out each time I do it but I figured once I took them all out i'll replenish with more coarse sand, what sand do you use btw?

Just wondering if you have ever vacuumed your sandbed? I made a mistake of using super fine sand and im having trouble doing that without sucking them all out, I tried pinching the tube and keep it minimal but still some of got out each time I do it but I figured once I took them all out i'll replenish with more coarse sand, what sand do you use btw?

Caribsea special grade seafloor is great stuff.

Caribsea special grade seafloor is great stuff.

Really? I use that in my 75g Cichlid tank, thought they were a bit too coarse in a reef tank, dwarf and nassarius snails or gobby would have trouble getting thru these, don't they?

Really? I use that in my 75g Cichlid tank, thought they were a bit too coarse in a reef tank, dwarf and nassarius snails or gobby would have trouble getting thru these, don't they?

I use Caribsea special grade and vacuum 1/4 of the sandbed every water change. I also stir the sand daily. Nassarius snails have no issue burrowing themselves. I still remember when ReefCleaner sent me like 15 Nassarius and during feeding, they would all raise up like zombies. But most of my Nassarius has died. I have a sixline wrasse that has no problem with the sand either.

:happydance::wizard: Yay, one year anniversary! The tank looks so lush. I agee, this totally could be TOTM material.

just absolutely stunning. definitely TOTM material.

So much growth :D, looking good.

Thanks everyone! I was looking at the tank today and I think I will turn the "tree" into a zoa tree too. I just love zoas too much. If only I can get rid of these damn nudis. Now I just need to figure out how to get 4 maxi minis off the tree....

Archived