Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahaha...no!

I got an order from Saltcritters instead =P. Can't pass up $5 rics and $10 blasto. :D

Ha! Ninja- I knew it!! One day when I come to upper IN and visit my sister and visit family in Chicago we're gonna have to get together, see your awesome tank and all these cute pups you guys seem to always have around.

Ha! Ninja- I knew it!! One day when I come to upper IN and visit my sister and visit family in Chicago we're gonna have to get together, see your awesome tank and all these cute pups you guys seem to always have around.

definitely! visit when it's warm =P. it was low 40s this morning here...*sigh*

definitely! visit when it's warm =P. it was low 40s this morning here...*sigh*

Yeah, I heard you guys got some flurries??? Yeah, that's part of why I left Chicago 20 some yrs ago. But I"m jealous of all the saltwater shops you guys have all over.

Sold 3 SPS frags today!! woohoo! more room for incoming rics.

Plate coral LOVES Larry's. Nom nom nom! It's screaming FEED ME FEED ME.

https://flic.kr/p/pg4wjq'>15266640428_66d63f0fa0.jpg

Sunset monti doing well. I cheated in this picture and cropped quite a bit to get it this close up =P. D7000 pretty good resolution for a cropped sensor =P.

https://flic.kr/p/pxgNeV'>15450099271_7c47959671.jpg

Rics / zoas garden

https://flic.kr/p/pvvKr9'>15430188406_8a19069104.jpg

Blastos garden

https://flic.kr/p/pg4yp7'>15266647428_1ac94e76eb.jpg

Green birdnest fully recovered. I am surprised it grew tissue back over the white skeleton. I thought once SPS skeleton turns white, they usually dont encrust over it?

https://flic.kr/p/pvvJ2f'>15430183656_ef2e6f5559.jpg

I forgot to note that I have not seen zoa eating nudibranch for weeks now. Have I finally defeated my nemesis? Cuz the sixline didn't do anything and I gave it away. Every night I hover over the tank with a flashlight and try to catch them. Then I start to see less and less of them and then poof, they are all gone. Crossing my fingers that they are finally gone for good!

Your pics are always so vibrant I love it!

Thanks!

love that ricordea garden! i need to get more. i also want a plate coral after seeing your pics!

plate corals are awesome! i think mine is a "helmet" plate coral cuz it's more dome shaped. i love feeding mine.

Awesome pics Ninja. I love feeding my plate too. One of my favorites to spot feed, right up there with my duncan and acans.

Oh, and that white xenia....I love it!

Awesome pics Ninja. I love feeding my plate too. One of my favorites to spot feed, right up there with my duncan and acans.

Oh, and that white xenia....I love it!

thanks!

sooo....i have a problem. i have 10 rics coming in tomorrow morning and no room to put them...*sigh*...i really need rehab for this addiction.

thanks!

sooo....i have a problem. i have 10 rics coming in tomorrow morning and no room to put them...*sigh*...i really need rehab for this addiction.

There's always room for one (or 10) more :lol:.

Nano sapiens

thanks!

And just wait until they start to split (hoepfully, not all at once!) ;)

Xenia growing out of control with iodine dosing! But I dont mind cuz I really like this type of white / silvery xenia.

15432798912_74dfd2131c.jpg

That's so nice, what kind of xenia? I wanted to get some but several people advised against it because it may take over. How do you avoid it? keep fragging?

That's so nice, what kind of xenia? I wanted to get some but several people advised against it because it may take over. How do you avoid it? keep fragging?

not sure what kind, but it's definitely not the pink / purple ones. these have much longer skirts and are white / silver. they grow FAST. i have them on the top of my bonsai tree rock and they love light so I doubt they will move down. They will most likely take over the top and create a "xenia meadow".

thanks!

I can take some off your hands. ;)

No, but seriously, if you ever want to sell some let me know. I've been looking everywhere for yellow rics.

not sure what kind, but it's definitely not the pink / purple ones. these have much longer skirts and are white / silver. they grow FAST. i have them on the top of my bonsai tree rock and they love light so I doubt they will move down. They will most likely take over the top and create a "xenia meadow".

does it pulse? I like the pulsing one, they're call white pom pom xenia but im not sure if it's really white or pink. The silverish-white sure contrast to the rest of the color in your tank.

does it pulse? I like the pulsing one, they're call white pom pom xenia but im not sure if it's really white or pink. The silverish-white sure contrast to the rest of the color in your tank.

i dont think these are white pom pom xenias. those have more of a feathery polyps. these only pulse when pumps are off and only like 20% of them will pulse. i was looking for white pom pom but didn't find any of them around.

I can take some off your hands. ;)

No, but seriously, if you ever want to sell some let me know. I've been looking everywhere for yellow rics.

I just got some more yellow / rainbow in =P. But they are a little bleached so who knows what color they will morph into. When they start splitting, I will send some to you =). Is there a way to carry them on a flight? My sister is moving from San Mateo to Hayward, and I will probably fly into Oakland Airport more since Spirit has cheap airfare.

I'm sorry :( What type?

soft tissue sarcoma. He had his annual exam 2 weeks ago and everything was great. A few days later, we noticed a bump on his knee. Took him in and they did a minor surgery to cut it off and sent it to the lab for biopsy. Results came back today, and it's cancer. They are going to try and do another surgery to remove as much as possible but it's so close to his knee that it will be difficult to get enough margin. *sigh*.

His puppy pic:

https://flic.kr/p/em6gLe'>8759996489_22abc3a211.jpg

His adult pic:

https://flic.kr/p/jkRQ1C'>12039157244_74bc1ebb93.jpg

Man, I am sorry to hear that buddy. Such a cutie too.....hope the surgery gets it all and there is no further issues. Fingers crossed for you guys.

Archived