Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

they are buddies right now but still hide alot. no fightings, hide / sleep together. they do add alot of color when they are out.

i know Gena had a pair that were buddies at first then became enemies...so it can be hit or miss.

if you want some color, i think a wrasse will be out and about a lot. When I had the sixline, it's always cruising around the tank. A yellow coris is very bright and colorful, but it will get too big for your biocube.

other colorful fish: royal gramma, banggai cardinal, damsel...

Thanks!

I will probably try the firefish (helfrichi or purple). Unless I can find a pair of bluestripe pipefish...

I really want something different... royal gramma, banggai cardinal, damsels, and six-lines to me are... meh. Though, pink streaked wrasses are kind cute.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!

I will probably try the firefish (helfrichi or purple). Unless I can find a pair of bluestripe pipefish...

I really want something different... royal gramma, banggai cardinal, damsels, and six-lines to me are... meh. Though, pink streaked wrasses are kind cute.

Pink streaked wrasse FTW :). Mine gets really playful at dusk. It's comical to watch him. I swear he thinks he's a puppy :)

(hope you don't mind the photo, ninja!)

IMG_8281_zpsa20241e5.jpg

Pink streaked wrasse FTW :). Mine gets really playful at dusk. It's comical to watch him. I swear he thinks he's a puppy :)

Is it a playful and NICE wrasse? I've heard six-lines start to get mean, and my BF's mystery is a bully to his hermits (and ate the adorable acro crab! :tears: ).

My clowns buddy around with my tailspot all day - they are all REALLY peaceful.

Is it a playful and NICE wrasse? I've heard six-lines start to get mean, and my BF's mystery is a bully to his hermits (and ate the adorable acro crab! :tears: ).

My clowns buddy around with my tailspot all day - they are all REALLY peaceful.

Completely peaceful. Never bullied any fish in my tank...even new additions. Sweetest fish ever! I've had a sixline before and the only similarity between them is the body shape. Otherwise they are night and day :).

You're running topless with fire fish correct ?

Also,seeming the topic of fish is present,what fish would you recommend for a 7 gallon ? I'd like something colorful and active,but no clowns to plain Jane for my likings.

Thanks!

I think purple firefish are great. I wish I got a pair of purple ones now cuz I read they are not as shy. Helfrichi are soo expensive. I would hate to buy a pair and have them jump...

Also,seeming the topic of fish is present,what fish would you recommend for a 7 gallon ? I'd like something colorful and active,but no clowns to plain Jane for my likings.

Topless only when I am home =)

I would like to know too for a 7 gallon. I want to add another fish to my 5.5g Spec. I am thinking yellow clown goby right now. I considered hector's goby, pygmy wrasse, and neon yellow goby.

i love my ycg.

i think i lost my rainfordi today. MIA. :(

i've come to realize many of the smaller

fish can be quite challenging--at least the

pretty ones!

I think purple firefish are great. I wish I got a pair of purple ones now cuz I read they are not as shy. Helfrichi are soo expensive. I would hate to buy a pair and have them jump...

I would like to know too for a 7 gallon. I want to add another fish to my 5.5g Spec. I am thinking yellow clown goby right now. I considered hector's goby, pygmy wrasse, and neon yellow goby.

I really considered a hectors' too. But Cindy and so many others have problems keeping them. Crossed off my list until I have a larger established tank with plenty of pods and algae to graze on.

I vote a clown goby. They are cute! But will nip at sps.

I really like my tiger goby. He's not particularly colorful, but he's more active than a clown goby IME. He eats pretty much everything and hunts a lot so he'll keep pod populations down. I've never seen him go anywhere north of the rockwork either, so I doubt they are jumpers. I think there are a couple different "tiger gobies," but mine is Elacatinus macrodon, the one available from ORA.

Nudis are back. FML. I noticed my scramble egg colony been closing up lately...I dont want to loose this colony. It's like 20+ polyps of scramble eggs. ARGH.

:(

Nudis are back. FML. I noticed my scramble egg colony been closing up lately...I dont want to loose this colony. It's like 20+ polyps of scramble eggs. ARGH.

oh no! :(

Ruh Roh... Good luck on getting rid of them...

went to Aquatic Experience convention today and found my dream tank. The Fluval M90 AIO. $850 comes with 36g tank, protein skimmer, LED lights, stand, and extra pump. Ticks everything on my wanted list EXCEPT it is not low-iron glass. I am 90% sure this will be my next tank. Will probably upgrade the lights to a Nanobox Quad but the stock light actually looked really good too, but not enough blue for my taste.

https://flic.kr/p/q11xeg'>15752667485_a4e15e8b98.jpg

really interested in this jellyfish tank

https://flic.kr/p/pHCaZL'>15567239658_56197008df.jpg

my wife and i still think we are in our mid 20s and try to pull off matching outfit...lol

https://flic.kr/p/pZQSCH'>15750781641_3859c62a07.jpg

touch tank

https://flic.kr/p/p4gVzM'>15133262083_bac427d064.jpg

got a horseshoe crab (jk, didn't take it home)

https://flic.kr/p/q11xoz'>15752668025_158d33c77c.jpg

Awesome pictures! You can buy those jellyfish tanks?

yes! but they are expensive cuz they are new. $500 for that one but it includes 3 jellyfish. When the price drops, I may get one =). But initial reviews show the jellyfish dies a lot and they are expensive to replenish. Average lifespan is only 1 year too.

yes! but they are expensive cuz they are new. $500 for that one but it includes 3 jellyfish. When the price drops, I may get one =). But initial reviews show the jellyfish dies a lot and they are expensive to replenish. Average lifespan is only 1 year too.

Don't do it...sounds like a waste of money :lol:. It does look awesome though. I wonder how much replacement jellyfish cost?

Don't do it...sounds like a waste of money :lol:. It does look awesome though. I wonder how much replacement jellyfish cost?

$40 a pop. Crazy expensive. When the price goes down, I will look again. Hopefully by then they will improve the tank filtration to make them easily to care for.

Awesome! Hope you guys had a good time! I wish I had known it was going on.

Your boyfriend didn't know?! There were at least 10 different vendors / LFS from Chicagoland area there and some from Michigan and even Ohio. It's every year so make sure to go next year! They have tons of raffles. People were winning Kessil lights, all sorts of food, skimmers, anything aqua related, and they had at least 10 50+ gallons tank for raffle and a bunch of nano ones. We put $20 into a 120 gallon tank but didn't win =(. My dad put $1 into a Aqueon 5 gallon, and he won it. ARGH. But we wouldn't know what to do with 120 gallon tank anyways if we won. Haha.

love the fotos! and love the couple

foto too with matching outfits. haha!

i think it's hilarious that you said we think

we're still in our 20s. i can't imagine my

hub even ATTEMPTING to match an outfit

with me. too cute.

always nice to have a tank to upgrade to

in mind, am i right? :D

Sooo I got an orange plate coral today...for $30! it was $50 when I asked at 1pm. Then I walked by again at 2pm and he said $40. Then I walked by again as they were packing up their stuff at 3pm, and I got it for $30 =P. He also threw in a yellow leptastrea frag for $5. My question is...can plate corals touch another? I have a green helmet plate which looks to be different species than this large orange plate. Can they touch? Can plate corals touch zoas / rics ??

Archived