ReefCleaners.org

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh geez, I'm sorry to hear about your best bud. He hasn't changed from a pup, still looks just as youthful. My prayers are w/ the little guy and you guys.

thanks everyone! he's only 3 years old so the doctor is really surprised he has cancer this young. he's doing fine now, still recovering from the first surgery and probably will go into the second one next next week. i really hope they can get all of it out the second time. it hurts to think about the pain he will go through. they will mostly like have to go into the muscle to remove all of it...

Mooshu after his first surgery

15460154846_64999462f1.jpg

poor baby :(. extra hugs for Mooshu from your nano-reef friends!!!!!

So he doesn't feel so alone! They always look so sad when wearing the cone.

sad_zpsca4a454f.jpg

That's my baby several months ago :).

poor baby :(. extra hugs for Mooshu from your nano-reef friends!!!!!

So he doesn't feel so alone! They always look so sad when wearing the cone.

sad_zpsca4a454f.jpg

That's my baby several months ago :).

awww, they can be cone buddies =)

awww, they can be cone buddies =)

Yes :happydance:. Chloe has gotten really good at wearing the cone....Lord knows she's gotten a ton of practice with it :lol:. Hopefully she won't have to wear one ever again fingerscrossed.

My stupid boy loves the cone, he'd come over prancing while I'm putting it on. He likes the attn but it certainly helped when he had surgery in his gut and intestines when he ate 192 diabetic lancets and another time, a dish rag..

Yes :happydance:. Chloe has gotten really good at wearing the cone....Lord knows she's gotten a ton of practice with it :lol:. Hopefully she won't have to wear one ever again fingerscrossed.

Mooshu is able to remove the cone on his own now...we have to tighten it alot.

My stupid boy loves the cone, he'd come over prancing while I'm putting it on. He likes the attn but it certainly helped when he had surgery in his gut and intestines when he ate 192 diabetic lancets and another time, a dish rag..

poor guy! My wife works at a vet and dog eating socks is pretty common too...

That's crazy how similar the circumstances are with my Rocky. Went for a checkup and was perfectly fine. Literally within the week a bump pops up. So far it looks like surgery was successful. Fingers crossed that Mooshu's second surgery is also successful.

soft tissue sarcoma. He had his annual exam 2 weeks ago and everything was great. A few days later, we noticed a bump on his knee. Took him in and they did a minor surgery to cut it off and sent it to the lab for biopsy. Results came back today, and it's cancer. They are going to try and do another surgery to remove as much as possible but it's so close to his knee that it will be difficult to get enough margin. *sigh*.

His puppy pic:

8759996489_22abc3a211.jpg

His adult pic:

12039157244_74bc1ebb93.jpg

Sorry to hear that, I wish him get well soon. He's so cute :)

That's crazy how similar the circumstances are with my Rocky. Went for a checkup and was perfectly fine. Literally within the week a bump pops up. So far it looks like surgery was successful. Fingers crossed that Mooshu's second surgery is also successful.

yea, it literally grew overnight. so glad to hear surgery went well for Rocky!

any news?

he's scheduled to go back next week for blood work, then next next for his second surgery. right now, he's just getting pissy about the cone. if only he knows he's gonna have to wear that for the next month....haha

Damn Ninja,why can't be a local lol. It's nice to see people cutting deals for people !!

LOL, exactly what I was thinking. I lost my sunny d's :(, could use a new frag but just don't feel like paying for something twice...

Hi Ninja, thanks for the thread on this beautiful aquarium! Really lovely. I had a question. I just bought my first tank (29 gallon AIO Cardiff) and haven't gotten it wet yet. I'm considering my water options at the moment. Do you like the Mikro Omega 3 Stage Portable RO/DI System that you mention in your OP? Does it have/need a prefilter? I'm trying to get started here and am looking for an economical and qualitative balance. Thanks so much.

Hi Ninja, thanks for the thread on this beautiful aquarium! Really lovely. I had a question. I just bought my first tank (29 gallon AIO Cardiff) and haven't gotten it wet yet. I'm considering my water options at the moment. Do you like the Mikro Omega 3 Stage Portable RO/DI System that you mention in your OP? Does it have/need a prefilter? I'm trying to get started here and am looking for an economical and qualitative balance. Thanks so much.

I like the Mikro Omega 3. I highly recommend it if you lack space like I do in my tiny condo. HOWEVER, it's only 3 stages vs 4 stages you will see on most RODI units. I am not sure about the prefilter part. They have 10% off right now on their website plus free shipping.

Any news on Mushu?

Thanks for thinking of him! He's going into surgery tomorrow! Hoping everything goes well!!

Archived