Pod Your Reef

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

took a video today of the tank =). the color is kinda weird and sorry for the background noise. will try again next time with DSLR. this was just taken with my little camera.

video

bump for new page =P. Can't believe I started with a single stalk of those xenia and now they are everywhere. I had to trim a few stalks last water change because they extend out so far and blocking light from entering rest of the tank.

Amazing tank and beautiful photos. I might have to pick up a macro lens for my olympus em-10 after seeing some of your macro shots... absolutely stunning.

I am in the process of designing my next build and am most likely going to have picO build a custom picO S III for me.

thanks everyone!

Amazing tank and beautiful photos. I might have to pick up a macro lens for my olympus em-10 after seeing some of your macro shots... absolutely stunning.

I am in the process of designing my next build and am most likely going to have picO build a custom picO S III for me.

I love the PicO S III. If I were to make it custom, I may make it just an inch higher for vertical space. Right now, my xenia is literallly touching the water surface. If I have the money, I will do a 24 x 24 x 10, 25 gallons.

Hey, love your gsp on the back wall. It's definitely taking off.

it is! The only problem i have is that the GSP has reached the water surface and still try to grow up. And the top GSP are blocking light from reaching the lower ones.

I love the PicO S III. If I were to make it custom, I may make it just an inch higher for vertical space. Right now, my xenia is literallly touching the water surface. If I have the money, I will do a 24 x 24 x 10, 25 gallons.

Yeah my dream tank is a rimless 24x24x12 with a sump underneath. I was getting quotes on that tank awhile back and the price difference is huge because it requires 1/2" glass, which then makes it weigh a ton and require freight shipping.

Thanks for the advice on the extra inch, I am going to ask Chris about doing that.

How do you like the filter chamber setup? Any changes you would recommend?

I'm going to start a build thread for my tank, I have so many questions and don't want to hijack your thread....

Yeah my dream tank is a rimless 24x24x12 with a sump underneath. I was getting quotes on that tank awhile back and the price difference is huge because it requires 1/2" glass, which then makes it weigh a ton and require freight shipping.

Thanks for the advice on the extra inch, I am going to ask Chris about doing that.

How do you like the filter chamber setup? Any changes you would recommend?

I'm going to start a build thread for my tank, I have so many questions and don't want to hijack your thread....

chamber setup is awesome. most people have to mod their tanks but not so with PicOs. Chris builds them with quality from the start.

took a video today of the tank =). the color is kinda weird and sorry for the background noise. will try again next time with DSLR. this was just taken with my little camera.

video

Great video, tank looks fantastic, nice and crowded and healthy. :)

video

Awesome video!!!! I knew it was fabulous, but seeing it in video...just wow. What a gorgeous reef :wub:.

Great video, tank looks fantastic, nice and crowded and healthy. :)

thanks! it IS too crowded so i am selling some corals today =). I been debating whether to get rid of the LEFT rock completely. Will my tank crash if I do that? I want to replace it with just corals...hahah. The rock is just too big, and I am not fond of the maxi minis anymore. And the sea of xenias on top is blocking alot of light from reaching the bottom of the tank.

wooohoo. just found out my plate photo won Photo of the Month at the local forum; theme was "feeding". Won a $25 gift certificate to http://premiumaquatics.com/ =)

14838634729_18e3a8b9e5.jpg

Congrats this is a stunning shot!

Beautiful tank!TOTM coming soon :closedeyes:

Hey ninja what setting do you run with the nanobox?

Congrats this is a stunning shot!

Beautiful tank!TOTM coming soon :closedeyes:

Hey ninja what setting do you run with the nanobox?

Thanks! I am running 110 blues, 45 whites right now. I may bump the whites up and lower the blues. I am always messing with the settings....

thanks! it IS too crowded so i am selling some corals today =). I been debating whether to get rid of the LEFT rock completely. Will my tank crash if I do that? I want to replace it with just corals...hahah. The rock is just too big, and I am not fond of the maxi minis anymore. And the sea of xenias on top is blocking alot of light from reaching the bottom of the tank.

Go for it :). What corals will go in it's place?

I think you'd be fine removing it..just keep an eye on parameters for that week or so. And don't do it right before you leave for Florida :lol:;).

Go for it :). What corals will go in it's place?

I think you'd be fine removing it..just keep an eye on parameters for that week or so. And don't do it right before you leave for Florida :lol:;).

i want to fill it with gorgs from KPA =).

This article at Reefbuilders suggests that most tanks already have plenty of surface area to cover the needs of biological filtration. You're probably fine.

i want to fill it with gorgs from KPA =).

Yes.

This article at Reefbuilders suggests that most tanks already have plenty of surface area to cover the needs of biological filtration. You're probably fine.

wow, thanks for the article! it really goes against a lot of what I been told. for sure, i am removing that rock in the future. probably wont happen till spring since I hate ordering corals in the winter in Chicago.

i neeeed it. that's going on the list for sure. you have plenty of space in your tank for one! it's only 2" frag =P.

Oh, I know I could squeeze it in somewhere :lol:.

Archived