Coral Vue Hydros

Egginis Nuvo 24

Egginis

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some pics of my 220 gallon reef. Keep in mind this has been growing for over 10 years and it was before I adopted the open rockwork design. So what do you think?

IMG_1141_zpscd967413.jpg

IMG_1142_zpsa87fc487.jpg

IMG_1144_zpscf275150.jpg

IMG_1145_zpsd8d4a49d.jpg

IMG_1148_zps6121cc2d.jpg

IMG_1150_zpsbf209300.jpg

IMG_1156_zpse61b3e3c.jpg

Deleted User 4

Are those sponges on the left?? I heard those are very delicate and hard to care for.

Looks good to me. I noticed you have gold stripped maroon!! How long has it been there?

Also, for photobucket, if you want the picture to show in the post like my pictures on my thread. You can click on "IMG" box right under the "Links to share this photo" Box on the right side of the following picture.

Im on my ipad so its simple

Here is a pic of the 220 gallon. Keep in mind that this tank is over 10 years old and was designed before I decide to go with more of an open concept.

IMG_1141_zpscd967413.jpg.html

Got any good threads you guys follow frequently

I'm like you when it comes to following threads. I actually read several at a time and like to read, assist, and comment on them.

Deleted User 4

Got any good threads you guys follow frequently

This thread.

There's hype's ada 30c. Amazing tank.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/318912-hypes-caribbean-bommie/

His tank was featured in Reef Hobbyist Magazine's latest issue.

http://www.reefhobbyistmagazine.com/archives/vol_7/issue27/pages/32.htm

Asureef's artisan

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/274374-asureefs-40g-artisan/

Nitrolis by JDH

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/321721-nitoralis-by-jdh/

Doogan's shallow reef

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/304711-thedoogans-shallow-rimless-reef/

Are those sponges on the left?? I heard those are very delicate and hard to care for.

Looks good to me. I noticed you have gold stripped maroon!! How long has it been there?

Also, for photobucket, if you want the picture to show in the post like my pictures on my thread. You can click on "IMG" box right under the "Links to share this photo" Box on the right side of the following picture.

Yes they are. I am a huge fan of gorgonians and sponges. i manage to keep them alive quite easily but feed my reef a variety of foods daily. Strong biological, chemical and mechanical filtration along with regular water changes help keep things looking great.

p.s. What do you think of the wall art? :) Thanks for the info on photo bucket, I will certainly try it.

Oh, I love the ricordea mound and the acan threesome just fused together there. How nice. Your tank now though does appear to look more natural. But I think gorgs/whips will always do that. And I think that less is more. For me this smaller reef is more reef like to me w/ the corals and rock than the larger one. And it's about placement and how you stack or don't stack.

Lolol wall art?? Oh, don't get me started please. :)

Also, are those fish stickers on your top canopy?? Why?? Lolol.

They are actually ceramic tiles that were glued recently because my kids loved them. Personally I do not like them, but have to make the family happy. I built the stand and canopy and added the above and surrounding wall art :)

Oh, I love the ricordea mound and the acan threesome just fused together there. How nice. Your tank now though does appear to look more natural. But I think gorgs/whips will always do that. And I think that less is more. For me this smaller reef is more reef like to me w/ the corals and rock than the larger one. And it's about placement and how you stack or don't stack.

I agree that my current nano looks more natural and I have been striving to achieve this for years. I am actually thinking of tearing down my current 220 gallon system and restructuring the rock work. Less is more and a few really outstanding pieces well placed can go a long way.

Deleted User 4

They are actually ceramic tiles that were glued recently because my kids loved them. Personally I do not like them, but have to make the family happy. I built the stand and canopy and added the above and surrounding wall art :)

Wait, I'm not talking about those on the top wall. I'm talking about the 3 stickers (I'm sure they're stickers attached to the front part of the canopy?). I'm assuming your kids wanted to add those 3 stickers haha.

Wait, I'm not talking about those on the top wall. I'm talking about the 3 stickers (I'm sure they're stickers attached to the front part of the canopy?). I'm assuming your kids wanted to add those 3 stickers haha.

I assume you mean these. They are actually made of ceramic and depict a reef scene. I can thank the movie Finding Nemo for this.

47c6ff8d-8f27-4c35-a3f0-8aef2069e00e_zps
Deleted User 4

I assume you mean these. They are actually made of ceramic and depict a reef scene. I can thank the movie Finding Nemo for this.

47c6ff8d-8f27-4c35-a3f0-8aef2069e00e_zps

Ohh, really. I see. So those are ceramic? Hmmm Cool Lol. They look like stickers from my laptop....picture got me fooled...... :)

Are you going to take them to watch Finding Nemo 2? They might want you to add more ceramic scenes from the 2nd movie. Hahah :)

Hey, btw nice tang collection. Have you ever thought about adding a blonde naso tang?? I love those.

Ohh, really. I see. So those are ceramic? Hmmm Cool Lol. They look like stickers from my laptop....picture got me fooled...... :)

Are you going to take them to watch Finding Nemo 2? They might want you to add more ceramic scenes from the 2nd movie. Hahah :)

Sure I will take them to see it but will have to put my foot down on that request. The ceramic sticker looking images are enough. Sure you laugh now but you may get to this point some day :) LOL!

Deleted User 4

Ohh, I'll find an alternative to avoid that from happening. Remember, my kids will have to live through the minimalistic environment as well! Muahahaha.

Btw, that clown tang....amazing. Have you tried a powder blue or brown tang? Or Blonde Naso?

Ohh, I'll find an alternative to avoid that from happening. Remember, my kids will have to live through the minimalistic environment as well! Muahahaha.

Btw, that clown tang....amazing. Have you tried a powder blue or brown tang? Or Blonde Naso?

its actually a sohal tang. My favorite tang. I have considered both a powder blue and brown tang but do not have much room currently to add it. I love blond naso tangs but was worried my sohal would pound it to a pulp because they are in the same genus.

db12f931-9876-4eb1-bfb2-eb9e89a75746_zps

Don't have that problem since no tank

Yet

A few months

Be sure to let us know when you begin. I would like to follow your build thread from the beginning. Do you have your plans all thought out and drawn out?

Deleted User 4

Wow, that is one pretty tang ahah. What about the kole yellow eye tang?

Is that a potter's angel in the same picture? It won't nip on your corals? Sweet.

Cameron6796

Well thinking im nuvo 24 cuz it will fit in my room or a 55 and for the nuvo 24 yeah plans of equipment and costs rounded up of course and I've sketched it with a really open scape inspired by yours and i believe jay wee's with stand and some corals drawn in haha ill post a picture in a few maybe

Wow, that is one pretty tang ahah. What about the kole yellow eye tang? Is that a potter's angel in the same picture? It won't nip on your corals? Sweet.
Yes, it is a potters and will not touch any of my coral. I do like the yellow eye Cole Tang. Wish I had a separate aquarium to house all these great tangs.

Well thinking im nuvo 24 cuz it will fit in my room or a 55 and for the nuvo 24 yeah plans of equipment and costs rounded up of course and I've sketched it with a really open scape inspired by yours and i believe jay wee's with stand and some corals drawn in haha ill post a picture in a few maybe
Looking forward to those pictures.
Man, I had no idea tangs don't get along with certain tangs in the same big tank. Sucks....lol

That is why I need another aquarium. My profile pic is of 2 of my favorite fish I ever owned. A blond Naso and Emperor Angel. I raised them both from juveniles. I have some great pics which I will post tomorrow.

Cameron6796

More of a im bored and need fish stuff so even went as far as colouring it a bit to make it a little more appealing still needs alot!!!!! Especially more realistic shading and what not

Looks a little cartoony i think

post-79083-0-32818500-1376027429_thumb.jpg

Deleted User 4

More of a im bored and need fish stuff so even went as far as colouring it a bit to make it a little more appealing still needs alot!!!!! Especially more realistic shading and what not

Looks a little cartoony i think

Needs more corals. :)

Archived