Innovative Marine Aquariums

Egginis Nuvo 24

Egginis

I have slowly started replacing all the coral pieces that were lost during the disaster. My LFS is helping my out and ordered the corals and livestock which were in my old system. The Fusions parameters are near perfect, and I have transferred corals from my 220 over to the fusion.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
congrats. i'm sure your pretty excited about getting this up and running.

Thanks! I'm very excited and spent the past few hours designing, placing and gluing corals to rock work. The system is no longer empty and depressing. Water chemistry is near perfect and stable. I should be ready to add fish and post pictures this weekend. Got my eye on a beautiful pair of onyx clowns, and a orange spotted sleeper goby and shrimp combo. My LFS is also ordering some blue lined pipefish. Can't wait to see some movement.

sounds great. why oh why must the weekend be so far away? lol

No doubt, is it a Friday night yet? Just added what seems to be a thousand pods to my tank. Want this teeming with life and also plan to add a green mandarin. Thanks for following along.

Thanks! I'm very excited and spent the past few hours designing, placing and gluing corals to rock work. The system is no longer empty and depressing. Water chemistry is near perfect and stable. I should be ready to add fish and post pictures this weekend. Got my eye on a beautiful pair of onyx clowns, and a orange spotted sleeper goby and shrimp combo. My LFS is also ordering some blue lined pipefish. Can't wait to see some movement.

great choices! onyx clowns are awesome

great choices! onyx clowns are awesome

Old Orchard aquarium is holding them for me. Their pattern and coloration look great and their fun behavior and curiosity sold them. They are almost at full size so they will look huge in the Fusion. How's your tank coming along?

I'm really looking forward to the first pic!!! The suspense is certainly there.
That is my intention. It will look like a young, but full fledged system when I get done with it this weekend. It's nice to have a 220 gallon to frag from, and move some more established corals. It's been challenging to recreate the image from my Nuvo and their certainly will be some changes. Looking forward to your feedback and comments. Hope I don't change things a thousand times before this weekend :)

Omg I wanna be first to comment on the new thread if you make one
I am planning on starting a new thread, and hopefully this one will last a little longer. I hope the new system does not let people down since my last aquarium was the best I have designed in the 13 years of reefing. I'm actually thinking of ripping down my 220 gallon and restructuring all the rock work to allow for a much more open concept and design. Your comments are always welcome and thanks for following and your support.
Hey Eggins, what is that gorgonian species (right side tank)? Photosynthetic?
It's a rusty gorgonian and is photosynthetic. It's not challenging to keep but does require adequate flow, and frequent feedings which I provide. I have one MP10 directing flow right on it and it seems very happy where I placed it. Shrimp and small fish love swimming amongst its branches so I knew I needed another one for the new Fusion 30.

You will never let us down even if the fusion is only half the quality of the 24
Thanks for the kind words and vote of confidence. I'm trying to match the beauty of the Nuvo 24, but have to remember that it was established a little longer than the Fusion. Once everything in the Fusion acclimates, I expect it to look nice. Still can't find a quality mummy's eye to replace the one I lost.

Well, I could not wait until the weekend to add fish. Added a pair of onyx clowns, an orange spotted goby and shrimp, a green manderin, and a blue lined pipefish. In only angel short hours, they seem acclimated and enjoying exploring their new world. Love seeing the color and movement again. Also moved a red tip bubble anemone from my 220 into the Fusion. If this thing opens up it will look great and will be the new focal piece of the system. Pictures to come this weekend as I continue to tweak the system.

sounds awesome. what are you planning to feed the mandarin and pipefish??

I added hundreds of pods from my 220 that were caught in the filter sponge. Should be a great start for both. The blue line is already taking mysis and brine, and I saw the manderin also pick at the fallen brine. I think both are going to do just fine. I will continue to add live pods until they are fully acclimated to frozen food.

Pics or didn't happen =)

Their on the way, pics on the weekend!

New thread or it didn't happen

Tough crowd :) my goal is to create the new thread and post pics this weekend. I'm really excited and happy with the progress but the tank still needs a little more tweaking. Believe me, it's happening!

Tough crowd :) my goal is to create the new thread and post pics this weekend. I'm really excited and happy with the progress but the tank still needs a little more tweaking. Believe me, it's happening!

Ughhhhh... We can't wait that long!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Wow! Those pictures are scary- my condolences . I have a Nuvo 16 have heard some horror stories also. Sounds like you still have a great attitude- good luck with future builds[/

Thanks for everyones responses. Innovative Marine is working with me to replace my Nuvo 24 with a new Fusion 30. Steven personally called me and spent almost 45 minutes on the phone making sure we could come up with a reasonable solution to this disaster. He was very apologetic, professional, and after speaking with him, I feel confident Innovative Marine will assist me with this loss. It has been difficult not having the aquarium but I am going to design and create another beautiful aquarium in the near future. It was good to hear from everyone and I look forward to further discussions. Look for my new Fusion 30 build thread within the next week. Thanks again!

Was this a first gen tank? Also did the cause of the issue ever get determined? I do not want to come home to the same issue.

Was this a first gen tank? Also did the cause of the issue ever get determined? I do not want to come home to the same issue.

Do you have a IM Nuvo 16 or a 24. I believe it was an issue with the 1gen tanks. More importantly, I think the majority of the breaks were at the rounded corner areas where powerheads were place. I've had my Nuvo 16 up for 22 months now and I bought it used. Not sure what generation it is but I've never placed a powerhead on the walls - nor will I just for this reason. I think most breaks were a combination of thin glass and powerheads. Play it safe and don't put a powerhead close to the rounded corner- especially a pulsing one like mp's or not at all. I run spin streams for random flow and placed another powerhead in the tank but just hung the cord off the back and it isn't attached to any wall- hope this helps?

Archived