Coral Vue Hydros

Egginis Nuvo 24

Egginis

Cameron6796

Haha

knew one of you would say that like i sad it still needs alot! And on the future will probably do it more detailed and realistic and leave it in pencil for a few weeks while i tinker

Wow a whole page of us three going to town about tanks ahhh what a great hobby

Hey you guys got any good reef youtubers or other sites to check out that or cool educational or just worth visiting

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More of a im bored and need fish stuff so even went as far as colouring it a bit to make it a little more appealing still needs alot!!!!! Especially more realistic shading and what not Looks a little cartoony i think
I like what you have done with the rockscape design and balance. Do agree with lllu that it needs a few more corals.

Im going to assume you all went to bed if not im going to atleast
Yes, I was at the zoo with my kids all day and could not keep my eyes open tonight.

Both of your tanks look incredible. I especially love the scape in your 24.

Glad to hear your potter's is doing well. Mine was a little prick and had to be removed lol.

Both of your tanks look incredible. I especially love the scape in your 24.

Glad to hear your potter's is doing well. Mine was a little prick and had to be removed lol.

Thank you for the compliment. I am a bigger fan of my Nuvo's aquascape design as well. My 220 began over 10 years ago with the novice pilling of rocks along the back wall look. I may just have to tear everything apart and start over with a new aquascape design. Love the challenge and want to make my aquariums as functional and aesthetically pleasing as possible. Sorry to hear about your potters. I guess it's just hit or miss with dwarf angels. With what I know now, I would not have placed him in the reef to begin with. Sticking with smaller reef safe fishes from now on.

Time to mow the lawn, the lot is a monster, almost a full acre and I own a push mower. Be back in a couple of hours. At least I will get some exercise.

post-80849-0-82065700-1376067136_thumb.jpg

Lovely tank!

Thanks much. I have been having a bit more algae growing lately and I think it's because of my lighting. I have low phosphates, and perform daily water changes with 0 TDI RO/DI water. This is the reason I want a fixture where I can control the spectrum and intensity. Will the Maxspect Razor cover a 36" wide aquarium?

Deleted User 4

Thanks much. I have been having a bit more algae growing lately and I think it's because of my lighting. I have low phosphates, and perform daily water changes with 0 TDI RO/DI water. This is the reason I want a fixture where I can control the spectrum and intensity. Will the Maxspect Razor cover a 36" wide aquarium?

You can get the longest razor there is. Should be fine for this nuvo 24.

Wow your grass looks clean thin and healthy.

I am an organic gardener. No chemicals used. Chicago has had relatively cool weather this summer so the grass has really responded to it. Love gardening, its very similar to reef keeping but outdoors. Every plant, tree, and flower needs certain soil conditions, watering, and light conditions. Between work, my garden, aquarium, and family, I keep myself quite busy. Would not have it any other way :)

Deleted User 4

Lolol. For me, I just want grass and cement. Even better, I want no grass. All I want is to work full-time, maintain two nano saltwater aquariums (one florida ric themed and the other scoly themed) and that's it. Don't have to worry about front,side and back yard. :)

Just work and reef.

Alright, two hours later and the grass is cut. I'm a little tired and still have to do the front lawn. Will wait until tonight. Here are a few pics of my outdoor reef garden :)

IMG_0337_zps8fd12ee0.jpg

Egginis Perennial Garden #1

Here is another angel of the garden.

Lolol. For me, I just want grass and cement. Even better, I want no grass. All I want is to work full-time, maintain two nano saltwater aquariums (one florida ric themed and the other scoly themed) and that's it. Don't have to worry about front,side and back yard. :)

Just work and reef.

Here is another pic of the garden. Seems like high rise apartment living is the life for you. Get an apartment on the coast with an terrific view of the ocean. Just a balcony to sit outside and enjoy the high rise living. You might want to add at least a palm or something to make it a little homey :)

34722ce1-b5e4-41ee-a7a3-4883f8756952_zps54cdc2eb.jpg.html

Wow this is such a beautiful set up. Totm material.

Thank you very much. I really enjoy and work hard to design an aesthetically pleasing functional aquarium.

Deleted User 4

Here is another pic of the garden. Seems like high rise apartment living is the life for you. Get an apartment on the coast with an terrific view of the ocean. Just a balcony to sit outside and enjoy the high rise living. You might want to add at least a palm or something to make it a little homey :)

Thank you very much. I really enjoy and work hard to design an aesthetically pleasing functional aquarium.

Nope I don't want an apartment. I actually want to own something and not rent hehe. Cali is my home alright. I might want an outdoor koi pond but it won't be looking natural. It's going to be a modern look. No trees please. Muahaha.

What I hate about garden is that, leaves start to fall off from time to time, you're going to have clean it. Trees are a mess for me, I like to keep it easy simple and minimal clean. I can always go to huntington library(magnificent garden works of art) for natural scenery heh.

Im such a lurker until I see something that catches my eyes lol.

Deleted User 4

Last night i got the ok to build a reef time to save

Did you have freshwater aquarium before? Or you're new to the aquarium hobby?

Deleted User 4

Yes a few

Ok, remember this. After one yr or shorter of getting into the saltwater hobby, you will most likely

1. Sell your freshwater tanks

2. Not go back to freshwater tanks

3. Neglect your freshwater tanks

It's happened before. Once you go to saltwater, there's never going back to freshwater. It's that good.

Well im willing to accept that and i only have a fluval edge 6 gallon now

Time for an upgrade! We're all here to assist you in making good choices, and to answer any reefing questions you might have. I have really enjoyed this hobby since getting into it over a decade ago. Just think how much more time I would have to give to my aquarium if I did not have a yard. It's scary to think about it actually.

Archived