Coral Vue Hydros

Egginis Nuvo 24

Egginis

Lol. You mean signature link at the bottom? Just go to settings and on the side there's signature for you to edit.

Got it, thanks! I will work on it later today. Going to my LFS to look at the new shipment they got in today. The owner is currently in California and hand picked them himself. He will be happy to know that I might be the buyer. I will be sure to post pics if I get anything.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cameron6796

Get the designer clowns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha glad to see you finally start your thread. Awesome! I think with the colorful and variety of corals you have, you should consider a pair of platinum clowns. Their plain white will definitely stand out amongst your corals.

Can someone assist me with adding links to posts, moving pictures, placing my thread link on the bottom of my posts, etc...? Do I need to be on my computer to do so? I usually use my ipad to log onto nano reef.com. Do I insert a hyperlink? Don't laugh, I am still new to forums and posting. This is my first forum ever. Really enjoying the interactions, just want to get more technical like others. Any information would be appreciated.

If you want to get ultra fancy like Jay...http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/306395-help-with-signature/

If you want to get ultra fancy like Jay...http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/306395-help-with-signature/

It worked! Thank you for the link and information. Still have not been able to get fancy like Jay. Been trying to upload an image but am having difficulty getting the image to link properly. I will just keep trying.

Get the designer clowns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clownfish are on my list. I am looking at the various types of designer clowns, so many to choose from.

Ha glad to see you finally start your thread. Awesome! I think with the colorful and variety of corals you have, you should consider a pair of platinum clowns. Their plain white will definitely stand out amongst your corals.

My LFS has a pair of these in one of their display nano aquariums. I agree that their white bodies will really contrast to the various colors of the aquarium. Thanks for making my decision that much more challenging.

Added a few more pieces of coral yesterday night. They have not fully opened up and I am still playing around with placement. Taking pictures with an ipad does not do the aquarium justice. I will be taking shots with a better camera soon. New corals include:

1. Green and orange lined clove polyps - These look amazing when fully opened. (located to the right under the big green leather)

2. Some really nice zooanthids on a branch rock (located to the right bottom corner next to the green mummy eye chalice)

3. Ice Blue branching acro - The blue on this piece is amazing and could not resist the purchase (located on the left, can't miss it)

No fish yet as I am torn with what to get still. More photos and updates to come soon.

post-80849-0-19779600-1375538752_thumb.jpg

post-80849-0-55612400-1375539069_thumb.jpg

A pic of the zoanthids and clove polyp. The zoos have orange centers with blue lines and green around the edges. The clove polyps are just starting to open. Hope to have a much better picture later today.

post-80849-0-04629600-1375544000_thumb.jpg

I'd hardly call that a frag. Makes my frags look so small and sad <_<

You should have seen the monster of a colony it was cut from. It probably was 5 feet across and 30 inches tall. So in comparison to this colony, it is a baby piece. Compared to most traditional frags, it is huge :)

Wow, you have an lfs that has a coral that's 5 FEET LONG?!!! Gee Whiz, that's huge. I wish I was living in Chicago and reefing.

Wow, you have an lfs that has a coral that's 5 FEET LONG?!!! Gee Whiz, that's huge. I wish I was living in Chicago and reefing.

BTW - I also have a 4 year old

What LFS are you going to in Chicago that has all these massive corals?

None have massive corals such as the one I got my frag from. It came from California. The owner was there and shipped it to his store in Chicago. he had pictures on his phone from the facility and colony where it was fragged.

I frequent Fish Planet in Deerfield and Old Orchard Aquarium in Skokie. I also will go to Seashor in Buffalo Grove, Living Sea Aquarium in Park Ridge, Beyond the Reef in Shaumburg, Sho Tank Aquarium in Mundelein, Aquarium Adventure in Hoffman Estates, New Fish Aquarium on North Milwaukee Road, Chicago, and of course Old Town Aquarium in Chicago. We really are lucky to have all these stores in our area.

I have excellent relationships with the owners of Fish Planet and Old Orchard. They wiill special order items for me and even hold them to see if they eat or are healthy. They will even quarantine livestock for me before purchase. They will not sell me livestock if I do not like it. Helps that I have been a good customer for the past 12 years, never complain, and do well in the hobby.

My 4 year old enjoys the hobby as well. Another reason for the nano. He refers to the Nuvo 24 as his tank. A new aquarist in the making :)

My sister tells me of all these great deals she gets in the Chicago area- we were born/raised there but she lives w/ her husband just over the border in Indiana. She just got a 3" maxima for 50. I guess w/ so many stores you can have some competition and deals. I'm jealous every time she opens her mouth.

My sister tells me of all these great deals she gets in the Chicago area- we were born/raised there but she lives w/ her husband just over the border in Indiana. She just got a 3" maxima for 50. I guess w/ so many stores you can have some competition and deals. I'm jealous every time she opens her mouth.

That is exactly it, there are so many stores around that prices stay relatively competitive. I also get a ton of freebies since I have been a long term good customer of my LFS. Many of these stores offer discounts such as buy 1 get the second half off, or bye one get 1.

Here is the latest pic of the aquarium. Corals are looking vibrant and happy. Coralline algae is starting to form on the back of the aquarium, on the spinstreams, and glass. I have been scraping it off the front glass and maintaining water parameters. Going to perform a 5 gallon water change later today.

post-80849-0-91458700-1375626020_thumb.jpg

Your tank is crazy gorgeous

Thanks much! I am constantly rearranging rockwork and moving corals to meet their requirements. Keeping a mixed reef is challenging because corals need different lighting, different flow, and nutritional needs. I always try to create an eye pleasing design. Combining coral requirements with aesthetics is fun but hard work. That is why I view this hobby as an art and science.

Now I just need to start adding a few more fish and inverts to the system :)

After reading that, I should just give up!

Your on Nano Reef, your doing this because you enjoy the hobby. Use every resource available to create the best system possible. Believe me, I have had my failures over the years. Sometimes it's just trial and error regardless of the knowledge and preparation. I have read countless books, asked thousands of questions, tried various methods. Eventually I found what worked for me and applied various techniques to my system. Keep experimenting and stay positive! No one system or technique works for everyone.

Well, you know what you've done???? Showed us all up. :wacko::P

No, no, not my intention at all. Just love sharing one of my passions with fellow aquarists that understand and enjoy this hobby. The lay person has no idea how much time, effort, and money go into this hobby. It's great to share pictures and information with all :)

Archived