Cultivated Reef

Egginis Nuvo 24

Egginis

Deleted User 4

Ohhh man, you got me on that joke big time!!!

Hmmm that would defeat the purpose of an all-in-one. But I guess it'll work perfectly fine. Are you going to drill?

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ohhh man, you got me on that joke big time!!!

Yeah, my wife did not think my joke was to funny :) but a sump and refugium is technically not a new tank so I can get away with it. Funny thing is that it is larger than my Nuvo.

Hmmm that would defeat the purpose of an all-in-one. But I guess it'll work perfectly fine. Are you going to drill?

Yes I know but enjoy modifying systems and improving upon them. I'm doing it more for the refugium than anything else. I also am looking to do most water changes from the sump because I do not want to expose the gorgonians to air as the main system drains. I will not be drilling but will add a lifereef nano prefilter box. Lifereef products are great and I have been using their protein skimmers for years.

Deleted User 4

Hmmm, sounds like it'll work. Mind posting the progress on the lifereef prefilter box? I don't think I've seen how it worked yet.

Thanks.

Hmmm, sounds like it'll work. Mind posting the progress on the lifereef prefilter box? I don't think I've seen how it worked yet.

Thanks.

I will post reviews on both the nano prefilter box and HydroFill once they are set up and functional for a bit. Scheduling is going to get challenging starting tomorrow because girls volleyball try-outs begin this week and I am coaching several clinics. Means less time on the aquarium and Nano Reef :(

Deleted User 4

I will post reviews on both the nano prefilter box and HydroFill once they are set up and functional for a bit. Scheduling is going to get challenging starting tomorrow because girls volleyball try-outs begin this week and I am coaching several clinics. Means less time on the aquarium and Nano Reef :(

Guess what? Phattypeeps just pm me!!!! Muaahahah today is my glorious day. Now I definitely have the hopes to get a custom lamp like his designs.

Looking forward to your reviews. Take your time and breaks (NR time). :)

Guess what? Phattypeeps just pm me!!!! Muaahahah today is my glorious day. Now I definitely have the hopes to get a custom lamp like his designs.

Looking forward to your reviews. Take your time and breaks (NR time). :)

I was looking at commercial grade stainless steel kitchen stands online for you and thought a few might work. Now that you have been in contact with Phattypeeps, its only a matter of time. Will look great on your setup. I will be online later tonight after all the relatives leave form my sons birthday party. Later!

Deleted User 4

I was looking at commercial grade stainless steel kitchen stands online for you and thought a few might work. Now that you have been in contact with Phattypeeps, its only a matter of time. Will look great on your setup. I will be online later tonight after all the relatives leave form my sons birthday party. Later!

Mmmm yeah, probably going to wait on the stand. What matters the most really is the custom lamp stand. I really need that for the kessils to look good.

Have fun!

Cant wait to see what you have planned for this nano. I tore down my beautiful tank to look at a larger empty one.. We are crazy.

Cant wait to see what you have planned for this nano. I tore down my beautiful tank to look at a larger empty one.. We are crazy.

I own 3 aquariums and now and want to add another fish only system to house large angels, tangs, and butterfly fish. For now I will stick with modifying and improving on my little nano system. It has its challenges but water changes have been a breeze and having a chiller with all the additional equipment has aided in maintaining quality throughout the system. Hope to make a few modifications this weekend and post a few more updates soon.

Here are a few pics of my RO/DI unit and custom stand and container for my water. The container holds up to 65 gallons and has a float valve to switch off the water when full. I perform 3 gallon water changes on my aquarium each night.

post-80849-0-08497200-1376715357_thumb.jpg

post-80849-0-64258200-1376715371_thumb.jpg

post-80849-0-46561600-1376715415_thumb.jpg

post-80849-0-37738200-1376715459_thumb.jpg

3g every night?? Damn, it's that easy for you huh?

Hey lllu,

The whole process takes me a little less than 10 minutes. I drain the water from the back chambers 6 days a week and do a light gravel siphoning on the 7th day. It's great because my aquarium is getting approximately 21 gallons changed each week and trace elements are being replenished daily. I really have no use for supplements as I use instant ocean reef crystals and really like the results I'm getting. I will be setting up my IM HydroFill this weekend and possibly plumbing my new sump and refugium as well. I will update with any new changes. Hope your aquarium is running well and keep me posted on the custom stainless steel light design.

Deleted User 4

MmMmm yeah I see. As for my tank, I've decided to keep the firefish a little longer. Her fins are healed and the 3 fishes seem get to along pretty well. Phattypeeps said he was going to send me the drawings/plans this weekend, guess he's been pretty busy lately.

Wow awesome RODI setup. and 3G EVERY NIGHT? That's determination. I don't have a container like yours so every water change is just a hassle for me. I have to prepare everything fresh and the waiting time is about a 2hr long movie + another hr wait on my seamless or grub hub order + maybe an hour of gaming on my PS3.

Hey you said you have another tank? A big one?

Wow awesome RODI setup. and 3G EVERY NIGHT? That's determination. I don't have a container like yours so every water change is just a hassle for me. I have to prepare everything fresh and the waiting time is about a 2hr long movie + another hr wait on my seamless or grub hub order + maybe an hour of gaming on my PS3.

Ha! Yeah, changing water is a huge chore for me too and usually involves spilling some on the floor.

Deleted User 4

Ha! Yeah, changing water is a huge chore for me too and usually involves spilling some on the floor.

I used to spill water onto the floor, just a little. But ever since I bought the new 5g jugs, it never really happened again.

My 220 gallon reef which has been up and running for over a decade. This is another reason I have so much flexibility with my nano reef and installed the 65 gallon drum to make RO/DI water.

I used to spill water onto the floor, just a little. But ever since I bought the new 5g jugs, it never really happened again.

Here are a few pics of the entire process. Ten minutes max, barely any spills, and we are ready to go. Also installed my 15 gallon freshwater reservoir and IM HydroFill ATO today.

post-80849-0-85982100-1376781278_thumb.jpg

post-80849-0-39244200-1376781447_thumb.jpg

post-80849-0-34078800-1376781490_thumb.jpg

post-80849-0-30686000-1376781522_thumb.jpg

post-80849-0-94365500-1376781532_thumb.jpg

post-80849-0-93482500-1376781585_thumb.jpg

post-80849-0-68833200-1376781595_thumb.jpg

post-80849-0-87564900-1376781629_thumb.jpg

Is that a stand you bought or made yourself?

The stand is actually my wife's childhood dresser and now is used for our 2 boys. It still has clothes in it and has been with us for 35 years. It is made of solid wood and can hold a tank.

After day one, the HydroFill is working flawlessly. The pump is a bit loud and you will definitely know when it is running. Good news is that it only lasts less then a minute. The red light shows its powered on and the green light to the far right reads the water is level. When the sump gets low, the green light moves to the left and when filling it moves up and down from low to high to let you know it's filling. When filled, the green light goes back to the far right.

I really like the probes, and the magnets to hold the probes are strong and work well. The unit is sleek and the pump came with 10 feet of hose and 3 clamps. So far so good. Ay questions please let me know.

post-80849-0-76721900-1376862171_thumb.jpg

Looks good. :)

Thanks lllu.

Well it's official. I have lost almost every fish in my aquarium but have not found bodies or bones. I only have a firefish left. Lost a tailspot Blenny first, orange spotted shrimp goby jumped through a tiny hole on the glass lid, citron goby, red scooter, and neon blue goby all gone missing. I am now left with the shrimp which came with the orange spot, one firefish, 2 fire shrimp, 2 porcelain crabs, a couple of red legged hermits, and about a half dozen small snails. Where could all the fish have gone? Anyone have any ideas. I have scoured the aquarium and back chambers with no sign of them.

Deleted User 4

Mmmm you said you lost all the fish except for the two fire shrimps and the other shrimp?

The two fire shrimps could be the culprit again.

Mmmm you said you lost all the fish except for the two fire shrimps and the other shrimp?

The two fire shrimps could be the culprit again.

Maybe, but I have never seen them act aggressively or attack any of my fish. It seems like the simplest answer but my instincts tell me its something else. I am determined to find out and will be keeping a very close eye on things.

Archived