Cultivated Reef

Egginis Nuvo 24

Egginis

Egginis- do you find the stock pump vibration noise to be noticeably irritating? There's now much room in the rear chamber and I think I've placed the pump so that it's not touching any glass despite the 1-2mm of room. I've also glued on airline tubbing under the suction cups and placed a rectangular silicone trivet underneath.

This is my first tank of this size (had a tiny fishbowl before), not sure if this type of vibration noise is considered acceptable.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
llama roadkill

I don't think that I've ever posted on this thread, so I wanted to take the chance to.

I have awed over your tank from the day I signed up. This is by far the BEST and PRETTIEST Nuvo I have ever seen. The coral looks amazing, the lots make them even more amazing, and the tank look even more amazing! Everything is placed perfectly and nothing should be changed.

Just wanted to say how much I love your tank! :D

I think back in his thread in Aug he said something abt volleyball season so he wouldn't be able to devote as much time to nano-reefing so I assume he's not gone just busy

llama roadkill
I think back in his thread in Aug he said something abt volleyball season so he wouldn't be able to devote as much time to nano-reefing so I assume he's not gone just busy
I think eggini's a goner now...unfortunately.

Awkward...well still, amazing tank when the pics were taken...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

... Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Pm me if you don't wanna say it on his thread

I don't know the reason honestly. I just have a feeling he ain't coming back for a long time lol...

He was on a week ago, did he get i a fight on nr with someone lol

Hmmm wow, now that you mentioned it, he was on a week ago, I had no idea lol. That's a good sign actually! Eggini's! Where are you!!! :)

Hey, sorry for the long layoff. The volleyball season was a huge success and my business has expanded 3 fold. Have been dedicating time at work and with my kids. The aquarium is doing well and I do miss discussions with everyone. I will get on nano-reef more often and look forward to finding out how everyone is doing. My local aquarium store is selling the new 120 gallon Nuvo aquariums and I am sure tempted. It's just been too lchallenging with all the responsibilities I currently have. The 24 will do just fine for now. Hope all is well and I look forward to chatting soon. Happy New Year to everyone.

Lol. Egginis!! We need you back here! :)

Hey, sorry for the long layoff. The volleyball season was a huge success and my business has expanded 3 fold. Have been dedicating time at work and with my kids. The aquarium is doing well and I do miss discussions with everyone. I will get on nano-reef more often and look forward to finding out how everyone is doing. My local aquarium store is selling the new 120 gallon Nuvo aquariums and I am sure tempted. It's just been too lchallenging with all the responsibilities I currently have. The 24 will do just fine for now. Hope all is well and I look forward to chatting soon. Happy New Year to everyone.
Lol he did say volley ball but I doubt it is still volleyball

The school season is over but my club season is just getting under way. I own and operate a volleyball club on the evenings and we are expanding into a brand new facility. This has occupied a great deal of time and spending time with my 2 young boys.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone again and seeing how everything is going. Wishing you a happy new year and we will talk soon.

I told everybody per your last post that it was time for volleyball. You'll have to check out my Maiden's Voyage thread and see how it's coming along. You missed alot. You've missed many awesome build start ups. I had only 1 tank, now, well.....3. Due to some hitchhiker's I received. Been having a blast. Glad to hear all is well.

What order did you add your coral and fish (and how far apart)? There seems to be a real mixed opinion on what order to add coral/fish. We added a royal gramma about a month ago, about a month after we added our CUC. The tank has been doing great and we are trying to figure out what to add next (coral or a fish). I was thinking that we would add one of something a month provided our water parameters are healthy. Wanted to ask you since your tank is awesome and you seem to have the most established 24.

Egginis, Great thread, i just started up a Nuvo 8 to learn the hobby as though i have done fw, this will be my test set up. My question is how to you like not only your tank but the Im Aquagadgets as well? The reason ii ask this is im going to convert one if my fw to salt, the one tank I'm considering to change is amount the exact dimensions of the Nuvo 24. I am goint to fabricate, or have someone do it for me, the exact same back plate with the same columns & add the custom caddys, media reactor & protein skimmer from IM. I will also do a couple os spin streams and us a mj1200 for a pump. I will be curious on how you like your system and if any mods come up or ideas that you wish you could change let me know please. Also if anyone else has this tank please chime in, looking for all the advice I can get!

Archived