Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Egginis Nuvo 24

Egginis

The incident was quite devastating from an aquarist point of view. It was difficult seeing all the time, care, and efforts of creating the system go down in one single moment. Innovative Marine and the owner of my LFS really stepped up and gave me a hand. The Fusion has been up and running since Thursday and all readings are perfect. I'm going to start transferring a few corals from my 220 gallon reef to the Fusion tomorrow. Trying to get a similar look like my Nuvo 24.

Yeah I have had a tank blow a seam so I know what ya mean on the devistation for sure :(

I am planning to move a few pieces from my 220 gallon reef over so I'm not starring at bare depressing rock work. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Any pics of the 220? :)

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any pics of the 220? :)

Will certainly post some pics but I believe I have reached my max. For some reason I am unable to load pictures on this thread. Am I missing something? Once I get this worked out there will be pictures galor.

Will certainly post some pics but I believe I have reached my max. For some reason I am unable to load pictures on this thread. Am I missing something? Once I get this worked out there will be pictures galor.

use flickr or photobucket!

use flickr or photobucket!

Can I load pictures to nano reef from photo bucket or do I attach a link that others can click on to view aquarium photos. I feel very confident in designing and maintaining reef aquariums but not so much with uploading and downloading pictures.

Can I load pictures to nano reef from photo bucket or do I attach a link that others can click on to view aquarium photos. I feel very confident in designing and maintaining reef aquariums but not so much with uploading and downloading pictures.

Yeah, load your pics to photobucket, then use the 4th link on the right that says IMG- copy that link into the space here.

Yeah, load your pics to photobucket, then use the 4th link on the right that says IMG- copy that link into the space here.

Is this how all 4 of your aquariums are linked? Also wondering if you have them all in the same room. Some day I would like to have an aquarium room, kind of like my own little LFS :)

yep, all of mine go through photobucket. The 60g is the only one in the basement. The Evolve 8 and 34 and 55 freshwater are in the living room, the 20g mantis tank is in the kitchen.

To the right of the tv is the 34g.

021_zps0248a61b.jpg

001_zpsb71877f8.jpg

To the right of the mantis tank is a hallway and my lazy boy is just to the left.

022_zps706f8044.jpg

Thanks for the tour :) is that a kessil above one of your aquariums? I just switched out my middle 250 watt Halide on the 220 gallon with an 360WE. So far I am really liking the spectrum, controllability, and coloration of my corals.

^^
Hey Cameron what does ^^ mean? I'm a bit confused. Hope all is well.

Thanks for the tour :) is that a kessil above one of your aquariums? I just switched out my middle 250 watt Halide on the 220 gallon with an 360WE. So far I am really liking the spectrum, controllability, and coloration of my corals.

Yes, it's over the 34g Maiden's Voyage. I have the 350W. I love it.

Hey sorry someone said we need pics of the 220 and I put the ^^ to basically say I agree with them sorry isn't bad or anything like that.

Hey sorry someone said we need pics of the 220 and I put the ^^ to basically say I agree with them sorry isn't bad or anything like that.

Did not Figure it was bad, just did not know what you meant although I assumed you meant ditto. I'm playing around with photo bucket and transferring pictures into the account. Will be linking everything shortly. Thanks for following along.

Im going to a couple of LFS today in search of some gorgonians. I hope I'm able to find a couple good ones. Either way, I will be visiting at least three LFS and am looking forward to it. I'm thinking of adding 2 Kessil 360WE's to the system. I have been going back and forth between the Kessil's, Maxspect 160watt 16,000K 27" Razor, or one of the Radions.

Unfortunately the Nuvo Skye Lights do not extend far enough on the new Fusion 30 so their light distribution is off. I know that this has been asked before but what type of LED lighting do others prefer?

Im going to a couple of LFS today in search of some gorgonians. I hope I'm able to find a couple good ones. Either way, I will be visiting at least three LFS and am looking forward to it. I'm thinking of adding 2 Kessil 360WE's to the system. I have been going back and forth between the Kessil's, Maxspect 160watt 16,000K 27" Razor, or one of the Radions.

Unfortunately the Nuvo Skye Lights do not extend far enough on the new Fusion 30 so their light distribution is off. I know that this has been asked before but what type of LED lighting do others prefer?

Nanobox is the new cool kid in town these days. I have two Nanobox right now and love it. Radion just released new nano LED fixtures that look pretty sweet.

I been looking for gorgonians too but most of the LFS here dont carry good ones or charge alot for it.

Edit: I keep forgetting you are in Chicago! Want to combine an order from http://sealifeinc.net/ ? They are highly recommended by Gena and Annette on this forum.

Nanobox is the new cool kid in town these days. I have two Nanobox right now and love it. Radion just released new nano LED fixtures that look pretty sweet. I been looking for gorgonians too but most of the LFS here dont carry good ones or charge alot for it. Edit: I keep forgetting you are in Chicago! Want to combine an order from http://sealifeinc.net/]http://sealifeinc.net/[/url] ? They are highly recommended by Gena and Annette on this forum.

I will look into the nano box as I did not pull the trigger on new lights today. Saved myself a little money for now. Trying to make this decision has been quite challenging. Picked up a gorgonian from Fish Planet in Deerfield today. I underestimated the size when I saw it there. It is huge in my tank but fills the right side up nicely. It only took ten minutes for it to extend its polyps. I will check sea life's website and get back to you. I'm sure I will find something I like.

I have the Razor and really like it

The razors are picking up steam with me. It's between the Razor and Kessil now although someone also recommended the nano box which I need to check out. I saw the Razors at a LFS yesterday and I really like the look of them. They also would be a little less than buying 2 Kessils. Decisions, decisions.

I will look into the nano box as I did not pull the trigger on new lights today. Saved myself a little money for now. Trying to make this decision has been quite challenging. Picked up a gorgonian from Fish Planet in Deerfield today. I underestimated the size when I saw it there. It is huge in my tank but fills the right side up nicely. It only took ten minutes for it to extend its polyps. I will check sea life's website and get back to you. I'm sure I will find something I like.

Never been to Fish Planet before. May have to check it out one of these day. Did you get anything else? Which other LFS did you hit up? At least gorgonians are easy to frag if it's too big =P.

Never been to Fish Planet before. May have to check it out one of these day. Did you get anything else? Which other LFS did you hit up? At least gorgonians are easy to frag if it's too big =P.

Picked up some zoanthids and a red bubble tip anenome. I went to Sea schor in Buffalo Grove but did not get anything because their tanks did not look maintained and their was hair algae on several of their corals. Coral prices were high but their fish system and prices looked good. I just might frag this gorgonian. Do you know of anyone who may want a frag :)

Picked up some zoanthids and a red bubble tip anenome. I went to Sea schor in Buffalo Grove but did not get anything because their tanks did not look maintained and their was hair algae on several of their corals. Coral prices were high but their fish system and prices looked good. I just might frag this gorgonian. Do you know of anyone who may want a frag :)

*raises hand* =).

Here's a new vendor that I found recently: https://www.facebook.com/sevenseasaquaticlife . I think he operates out of his house, but he's in Mount Prospect so kind of close to you? Never been there before, but he had several 50% off coral sales recently.

*raises hand* =).

Here's a new vendor that I found recently: https://www.facebook.com/sevenseasaquaticlife'>https://www.facebook.com/sevenseasaquaticlife . I think he operates out of his house, but he's in Mount Prospect so kind of close to you? Never been there before, but he had several 50% off coral sales recently.

He is very close to me. Might have to call and make an appointment to see his coral and fish. Will give you a report after the visit.

You can't go wrong with any of those lights. I have Kessil and I have the Maxspect over my rock flowers, I just have a hard time taking a pic of the flowers without the led lights in the pic. Yes, gorgs Sealife Inc, they're awesome, always really nice.

I went to Sea schor in Buffalo Grove but did not get anything because their tanks did not look maintained and their was hair algae on several of their corals.

I was up near O'hare a couple weekends ago at stopped at Living Sea in Park Ridge. There was tons of aiptasia in their coral tanks, and all of their tanks just looked dingy. Sea Shor was on my list of places to check out next time I'm in the area but I'll cross it off unless I'm passing by.

I'd be interested in a gorgonian frag unless ninjamyst has already claimed it!

I was up near O'hare a couple weekends ago at stopped at Living Sea in Park Ridge. There was tons of aiptasia in their coral tanks, and all of their tanks just looked dingy. Sea Shor was on my list of places to check out next time I'm in the area but I'll cross it off unless I'm passing by.

I'd be interested in a gorgonian frag unless ninjamyst has already claimed it!

I have not been to living sea in 2 years, and it's sad to hear about their display tanks. The store has tremendous potential. Not worth going to Sea Shor. Old Orchard Aquarium and Fish Planet are the 2 stores I most support. I also like Sho Tank in Mundeline and Old Town aquarium in Chicago.

I most certainly can frag a piece of the gorgonian fir you. It's nothing special but a regular gorg. Under the right lighting though it can look terrific. It is the same species as the one on the right side of my Nuvo 24.

I have not been to living sea in 2 years, and it's sad to hear about their display tanks. The store has tremendous potential. Not worth going to Sea Shor. Old Orchard Aquarium and Fish Planet are the 2 stores I most support. I also like Sho Tank in Mundeline and Old Town aquarium in Chicago.

I most certainly can frag a piece of the gorgonian fir you. It's nothing special but a regular gorg. Under the right lighting though it can look terrific. It is the same species as the one on the right side of my Nuvo 24.

How's Old Orchard Aquarium now? I remember almost 20 years ago when it was still called Sea Shell, my dad would take me there every weekend. Back then they still sell rabbits and stuff too. I heard they started carrying more frags now vs big pieces like before. I should really go check it out one day.

How's Old Orchard Aquarium now? I remember almost 20 years ago when it was still called Sea Shell, my dad would take me there every weekend. Back then they still sell rabbits and stuff too. I heard they started carrying more frags now vs big pieces like before. I should really go check it out one day.

Old Orchard just added several thousand gallons of saltwater displays. They do not carry animals anymore. There are several aquariums with frags and they also have larger colonies and pieces. Their staff is friendly and knowledgeable They carry a very good assortment of aquariums, equipment, and dry goods. Highly recommend Old Orchard Aquarium. Old Orchard mall is right near by so you can make a day of it.

Archived