Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Egginis Nuvo 24

Egginis

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you like the lights you have over the tank. I'm planning on setting up a nuvo 24 eventually, and am trying to get ideas, and a ballpark as to if I can keep it around a thousand dollar build. Did you consider any other lights? Love your tank by the way

• 4 weeks later...

Really like your tank!

It looks like you have been busy outside of NR, but can you give a progress report and new FTS?

No rush tho.

cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
Marine Depot

Hello everyone! Many of you have been asking me to create a thread with pictures and information on my Nuvo aquariums. I began my first nano reef aquarium about 4 months ago. I have been in the hobby all my life but inherited my first salt water aquarium about 12 years ago. I really got the itch to place an aquarium in our bedroom but needed to convince my wife. Thus, the nano aquarium was born.

Nuvo 24 Equipment

- stock pump rated at 476 GPH (added two spin streams to the returns)

- Vortech MP10 ES

- Nano Zapp 3 Watt inline uv sterilizer with quite flow pump rated 84-159 GPH

- Arctica JBJ 1/15 Titanium Chiller

- IM desktop protein skimmer

- IM 150L Minimax reactor

- IM 350L Minimax reactor

- IM HydroFill ATO Controller System

- IM HydroFill ATO Pump System

- 15 gallon acrylic RO/DI water reservoir

- 2 digital thermometers

- Cobalt Aquatics Neo-therm 100 watt heater

- Too many timers to count

Lighting

- 3 black 8 watt IM Skkye Lights

- 1 36 inch Finnex Fuge Ray 2 Actinic Blue 29 watt light

- 1 36 inch Finnex Fuge Ray 2 Red spectrum 29 watt light

Wish list

- Neptune APEX controller

- Sump and refugium combo

Livestock Inverts/Fish

2 fire shrimp

2 red legged hermit crabs

12 snails

2 porcelain crabs

Tail spot Blenny

Firefish

Red scooter Blenny

Yellow citron goby

Neon Blue Goby

Corals

Several SPS varieties

Neon Green Goniapora

Neon Green Blastomussa

Red stripped acan

12 ricordia

Orange sponge

4 Gorgonians

Fire red tube worm

Neon Green Candy cane coral

2 leather corals

Green mummy eye chalice

Several different species of zoanthids

Star polyps

Orange scolymia

Clove polyps

More pics

Hey,

I am currently working on an article that highlights amazing innovative marine nuvo aquariums. I love your tank and was wondering if we could use your tank and give you credit for all your hard work. Please let me know, thank you!

• 2 months later...

Hey,

I am currently working on an article that highlights amazing innovative marine nuvo aquariums. I love your tank and was wondering if we could use your tank and give you credit for all your hard work. Please let me know, thank you!

Sorry for the extremely delayed response. I read the article you wrote and know it's too late now. Marine depot always has permission to use the information and images from my aquarium for articles and other uses. I like to share it with as many aquarists as possible. Unfortunately my Nuvo 24 aquarium cracked and the right side exploded. I was not home when this happened and lost approximately 95% of the livestock. I'm trying to stay positive and am motivated to create a more stunning aquarium than before. Thank you for your comments and appreciation of my Nuvo 24. I pride myself in taking the time and working with the necessary individuals to create the most beautiful and functional aquariums as possible. The animals under my care receive the best possible environment for them to thrive. It is because of the many aquarists on Nano Reef and the many professionals in our hobby that I can achieve positive results. Thank you for everyone's support and I promise to create another beautiful Nano aquarium soon. Below is the pick from the disaster.

post-80849-0-06726700-1407859669_thumb.jpg

post-80849-0-50933000-1407859684_thumb.jpg

Oh man that is tragic, I'm so sorry! There is no adequate way to compensate you for the loss of precious animals and all your hard work but I hope IM will go as far as possible to try.

Wow! Those pictures are scary- my condolences . I have a Nuvo 16 have heard some horror stories also. Sounds like you still have a great attitude- good luck with future builds

Wow. That's where you've been. That sucks and I'm extremely sorry. Is IM taking care of you?

Yikes on that photo. For any tank at any price, the most basic requirement is that the tank does not leak or explode!!!

oh man sorry to hear this. hope IM takes care of business with ya. GL

Oh man that is tragic, I'm so sorry! There is no adequate way to compensate you for the loss of precious animals and all your hard work but I hope IM will go as far as possible to try.

Wow! Those pictures are scary- my condolences . I have a Nuvo 16 have heard some horror stories also. Sounds like you still have a great attitude- good luck with future builds[/

Thanks for everyones responses. Innovative Marine is working with me to replace my Nuvo 24 with a new Fusion 30. Steven personally called me and spent almost 45 minutes on the phone making sure we could come up with a reasonable solution to this disaster. He was very apologetic, professional, and after speaking with him, I feel confident Innovative Marine will assist me with this loss. It has been difficult not having the aquarium but I am going to design and create another beautiful aquarium in the near future. It was good to hear from everyone and I look forward to further discussions. Look for my new Fusion 30 build thread within the next week. Thanks again!

Wow! Those pictures are scary- my condolences . I have a Nuvo 16 have heard some horror stories also. Sounds like you still have a great attitude- good luck with future builds[/

Thanks for everyones responses. Innovative Marine is working with me to replace my Nuvo 24 with a new Fusion 30. Steven personally called me and spent almost 45 minutes on the phone making sure we could come up with a reasonable solution to this disaster. He was very apologetic, professional, and after speaking with him, I feel confident Innovative Marine will assist me with this loss. It has been difficult not having the aquarium but I am going to design and create another beautiful aquarium in the near future. It was good to hear from everyone and I look forward to further discussions. Look for my new Fusion 30 build thread within the next week. Thanks again!

We missed ya, sorry to hear about this but very refreshing to hear someone's actually going to do right for you. Too many of us have had issues with companies.

Looking forward to your new build.

I was fortunate to read about other accidents like yours occurring with the first version of the tanks and luckily I was still cycling and made the transition into the replacement tank easy without any livestock.

We missed ya, sorry to hear about this but very refreshing to hear someone's actually going to do right for you. Too many of us have had issues with companies.

I missed you all as well. Innovative Marine and my local aquarium store are working to help replace everything that was lost. It was my LFS that called Steven at IM and told him what transpired. Steven then called me and a plan is in motion. It pays to be patient and kind to others even in circumstances that transpired. Innovative Marine seems very customer oriented and hopefully I will be able to recreate my Nuvo 24 if not make it better. Looking forward to some good posts.

Looking forward to your new build.

I was fortunate to read about other accidents like yours occurring with the first version of the tanks and luckily I was still cycling and made the transition into the replacement tank easy without any livestock.

I should have done the same thing when hearing and seeing what happened to other gen 1 Nuvo 24 aquariums. I had recently transferred from a Nuvo 16 and stressed the fish, coral, and myself enough. Now I begin a new journey and hope to post a Fusion 30 thread within the week. My wish is that this incident does not happen to anyone.

Looks like my new Fusion 30 aquarium could get shipped as early as tonight or tomorrow. I hope to have it by early next week if not sooner. I'm eager to begin my next build.

sorry to hear about the 24 but the new 30L looks SWEET. can't wait to see the new tank.

where do you usually go for corals around Chicago? I been to Aquapros, New Fish, Reefwise, Fragcreations, Xzotic Aquatic, Ascension Corals, and a few more that I can't remember right now.

sorry to hear about the 24 but the new 30L looks SWEET. can't wait to see the new tank. where do you usually go for corals around Chicago? I been to Aquapros, New Fish, Reefwise, Fragcreations, Xzotic Aquatic, Ascension Corals, and a few more that I can't remember right now.
Then 2 LFS that I frequent are Old Orchard Aquarium in Skokie and Fish Planet in Deerfield. I have been to several in our area but none of the ones you listed. Now I need to travel and check them out. I'm sad about my Nuvo 24 as I put in so much time and cared for the animals. Can't turn back time so I am excited to try and recreate or best the Nuvo with the new Fusion. I hope to get it this weekend and begin the cycling process.

amazing tank... why wasn't this totm? sorry about your lost... keep up the good work though
Thank you for the kind words. My aquarium was nominated for tank of the month by several nano reefers. I think because I was very new to the forum at the time it was not selected. I was hoping for this year but alas this will never be with my Nuvo 24. I'm excited to be receiving a new Fusion 30 and begin the next chapter with this new build. I am certainly going to create a more beautiful and inspiring aquarium then before.

this is awesome to hear. glad they are taking care of ya. can't wait for the new build.
I can't wait for the new build either. I am very motivated to recreate if not best my Nuvo 24. I really work to create an aesthetic, balanced, and healthy system. I guess this is the goal for all of us though. Hopefully I will be up and running by this weekend.

Aquapros is my favorite but that's far for you. Xzotic is ooook, just dont get fish from them. Both fish I got from them died and one introduced ich to my tank. I heard Old Orchard Aquarium remodeled and started carrying more frags. Are their prices still sky high? I am used to $10-$20 frags =P.

Aquapros is my favorite but that's far for you. Xzotic is ooook, just dont get fish from them. Both fish I got from them died and one introduced ich to my tank. I heard Old Orchard Aquarium remodeled and started carrying more frags. Are their prices still sky high? I am used to $10-$20 frags =P.

I still may make the trip just to check it out. Probably will purchase something since it is a ways from me. Old Orchard did remodel and has added several thousand gallons of saltwater aquariums and goodies. Prices are higher but everything I have purchased from them has survived and thrived in my aquariums. Next time I am in, I will check on their frag prices.

I also reall like Old Town as they have some amazing corals and rare fishes. The prices are high but their reef animals are amazing.

Thank you for the kind words. My aquarium was nominated for tank of the month by several nano reefers. I think because I was very new to the forum at the time it was not selected. I was hoping for this year but alas this will never be with my Nuvo 24. I'm excited to be receiving a new Fusion 30 and begin the next chapter with this new build. I am certainly going to create a more beautiful and inspiring aquarium then before.

Good luck!! I can't wait till you star the new tank. what is the Fusion 30? Let me google it =)

I just started my tank as well. I hope it will be half as cool as yours and others on this forum!

I still may make the trip just to check it out. Probably will purchase something since it is a ways from me. Old Orchard did remodel and has added several thousand gallons of saltwater aquariums and goodies. Prices are higher but everything I have purchased from them has survived and thrived in my aquariums. Next time I am in, I will check on their frag prices.

I also reall like Old Town as they have some amazing corals and rare fishes. The prices are high but their reef animals are amazing.

I'm dropping my sister off at O'Hare tomorrow... Anywhere in that area you might recommend me to stop at while I'm up there?

Good luck!! I can't wait till you star the new tank. what is the Fusion 30? Let me google it =)The Fusion 30 is an all in one aquarium designed by Innovative Marine. I love the looks and dimensions of this aquarium. The 36 inch horizontal space allows for some great aquascaping. I just started my tank as well. I hope it will be half as cool as yours and others on this forum!
If you take the time to research, ask questions from professionals and the nano-reef community and have good patience, you will do very well. Learn from others and have fun while you design your new system. Keep us posted on your build and good luck!

I'm dropping my sister off at O'Hare tomorrow... Anywhere in that area you might recommend me to stop at while I'm up there?
That's tough, if you have not been to living sea aquarium in Park Ridge, it's a fun place to go. It's huge and has a good selection of fish and coral. I have not purchased anything from them in years as my fish always seem to get ill when purchasing from there. Regardless, they have some nice inverts and coral and some rare fish to look at.

Archived